1,414 results
All reviews azure window junior suite indoor pool italian restaurant craft village spa facilities fantastic hotel main restaurant family pool the hotel offers tennis courts courtesy bus small island breakfast was amazing relaxing break every evening inland sea
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Terrible food, complete in ability of reception staff to properly book their own advertised excursions, service in Gazebo beyond bad, so-called suites are like concrete mausoleums and are completely without any form of soundproofing from above (as no carpets) from neighbours either side (hotel knows about this but has done nothing to solve it, as they admit) or from the corridor.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank yorkshireman2015
Kempinski_SanLawrenz, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear yorkshireman2015,

I regret to see that your recent stay with us was rather disappointing.

Please accept my apology for the service shortcomings and problems with the sound proofing.
Our intention is to improve and your comments will help me and the team to divert our efforts and address the points which made your stay unsatisfactory.

I truly hope, that you are going to give us another chance to regain your trust with flawless and friendly service and improved product features.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

For less than 200 euros a night, loved this hotel. People were wonderful and the pool was very chill (no chair service though). It is also very quiet yet not too far from the rest of the town areas on Gozo.

My only feedback point is that the spa seems largely unused. Huge investment they made and the whirlpool wasn’t warm and there was lots of unused space or at least it wasn’t clear in the directory what you could use as a hotel guest.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your review and we are glad your experience with us was an enjoyable and relaxing.

We have taken note of your constructive feedback and we will surely action so as to improve our overall service.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Best Regards

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Kempinski for four nights in August. It was heavenly. Check in was quick and everyone was so helpful. We went to our room on the top floor overlooking the pool and the butler arrived with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. It was such a thoughtful surprise! Breakfast buffet was plentiful and fantastic. Lounging by the adults pool was quiet and peaceful. We spent most dinners at local restaurants (Azure and Tatitas) and they were affordable and delicious. Only word of caution is that restaurants at the hotel are extremely overpriced. We would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca L
Kempinski_SanLawrenz, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Rebecca L,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your lovely comments about your stay.

My team and I are thrilled to learn that you have positive memories of your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Moreover, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our swimming pools and that our breakfast buffet was to your liking.

My team and I hope that you had a safe trip back home and look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

We took my mum on holiday there at the end of August where she stayed for a week and we stayed for nearly two weeks. Quite simply, this was one of the most memorable family holidays that we have had in a few years. We were seeking complete relaxation and rejuvenation and memorable family moments, and the Kempinski San Lawrenz and its outstanding staff delivered for the whole two weeks. Kempinski have created a resort that just oozes relaxation and tranquillity. The building itself tastefully blends into the distinct Gozitan architecture and surroundings. The three pools are beautifully done and they are so enticing that you just want to glue yourself to them and relax. The Gazebo restaurant next to the pool was also a huge favourite of ours. If you get bored of that then the outstanding spa facilities are the place to be; simply incredible. We went several times (including my Mum) and the spa itself is beautiful. What really made it for us though were the staff. There are too many outstanding staff to name each individually, but every single staff member exhibited the same high standard of quality. The Ladies in Red (Carolin and Lisa) simply could not do enough to help you and were so professional as were all of the front desk staff. The permanent and intern restaurant and bar staff we among some of the best that we have encountered at any 5 star hotel we have stayed in. They were friendly, funny but highly professional and just delivered incredible and tiresome service. This is clearly testament to the work ethic that the management team have instilled and so well done to them. Back from the holiday for just a few days and back to work, but can't stop thinking about the holiday. We miss it greatly and would definitely love to go back and this is saying something as we have had some great holidays in other places. Thanks so much Kempinksi San Lawrenz.

Stayed: August 2018
Kempinski_SanLawrenz, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Julian Bell,

Thank you very much for your review and for endorsing Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz.

I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and pleased to know that you had an uplifting downtime enjoying our services and facilities especially the swimming pool. Moreover I am delighted to read that our spa, as well as the Gazebo restaurant, was to your liking.
My team always strives to provide the highest level of service, while creating memorable moments for our guests, we are honoured that Carolin & Lisa amongst others were able to assist in making this happen for you.

We hope that you had a safe trip back home and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We were VERY impressed with the professional and courteous staff at the Kempinski. We had our wedding in Gozo and booked 18 rooms at this hotel. We had a number of requests of this hotel to include having personalized gift bags put in all the rooms before our guests checked in. All our requests were handled expertly and efficiently. The pools are numerous and refreshing. The best pasta dish I ate during my time in Gozo was at the Kempinski. We really can't say enough good things about the staff. Thank you for making our wedding so memorable for us and our guests!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Kempinski_GozoMalta, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear Bryce C,

Thank you for sparing the time to share these wonderful comments about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that my team was welcoming and helpful throughout your stay and it is a pleasure to learn that our pool selection was to your liking and that you really enjoyed our pasta dish.

My team and I are thrilled to learn that you have positive memories of your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. We hope that you had a safe trip home and look very much forward to welcoming you soon.