“USA style food in UK”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Description: Fanatical about flames; silly about smokers and utterly obsessed with the smells, tastes and traditions of the Deep South. Our smokin' hot menu is available all day every day, from smokehouse classics including ribs, Texas style beef brisket, to steak and burgers. Serving breakfast Friday - Sunday and lunch throughout the week and a specially designed kids menu that includes ‘grown-up’ tastes and some fun healthy options, the entire family can experience the flavours of the deep South. Located in the heart of Castle Bromwich, on the edge of Birmingham, with ample car parking our restaurant is designed to welcome every age of guest and families are particularly well catered far. With relaxed seating areas, well-stocked bars and friendly teams, plus cinema rooms for the kids there genuinely is something for everyone. Whether it's meal with the family, catch up with friends, celebration or just a drink at the bar we promise you will leave full and with a lasting warmth.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

love this place as it reminds me of Florida - menu choice not large but good food and cocktails , not a cheap night out.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Went here for my daughter's 15th birthday. Staff were very pleasant and got us seated very quickly for a party of 8. Waitress was lovely couldn't do enough and even made my daughter feel special that it was her birthday. The manager also made an effort with all of us and kept checking on us also made my daughter laugh a few times by interacting with her. Also gave the birthday girl a free milkshake which she loved. The food here is a meat eaters Paradise and the food was superb. Me and my partner had the sharing platter which was unbelievable. My daughter had the rib eye steak which looked lovely and she said it tastes great. All in all we loved it and will be back again for sure.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife regularly visit Hickory's smokehouse. Apart from the amazing food and drinks, the atmosphere of the restaurant takes you out of the usual UK restaurants and into the southern states of America. Everybody who I've recommended the restaurant to loves it.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Firstly I must say, I LOVE the food here. I also absolutely love the setting, the theming is awesome and the restaurant is really comfortable. Having spent quite a bit of time in Southern America, the food and setting is so authentic. Its this that keeps me coming back, as I have been several times now.
However I must say that as time has gone on service has declined. Today I went for breakfast. Couple of things, my other half had the bottomless coffee (you know, where they are supposed to come round with the coffee pot and fill your mug up.......well they didn't so it was actually just a cup of coffee), from being seated, through to paying the bill we had 6 staff attend to us, no consistency of who was our server/waiter, which is probably why our requests for further drinks, etc weren't actioned, However in my case I had ordered a second tea several times, and even though this did not arrive whilst I was eating they still managed to put them on the bill three times. If we had the same server then I am sure they would remember (or at least stay within their area to serve the tables). Anyhow, my second tea did arrive after requesting the bill and plates cleaned away, along with the bill! At this point I were getting ready to pay and leave (after of course informing the staff they was charging us for three teas when we only had two including this very late one), so I had one gulp of the flesh tea and left after paying our amended bill. I think just to summarise, ordering, and the follow up service is rather slow and not very well organised, other couples were waiting trying to get the staffs attention to finally order food after waiting quite a while.
So, Brilliant food, great surroundings, just a rather inconsistent service, which unfortunately distracts from all the good points.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Visited a month ago and staff, service and food great. Returned for a birthday celebration. Very slow service, 10 minutes before we were asked about drink then a further 10 minutes waiting for them. Ordered same as before but it was not the same recipe and disappointed overall. Nice staff but only takes one bad visit.