I stayed here on a fri and sat night for a wedding. On approach the house was amazing and so were the gardens. I was checking in with the bridal party and check in was labourious and not very well organised. I was told my room was paid for one night and was about to pay for the second when the groom stepped in and told them it was paid for in advance for both nights as part of the package. I would not have known this and would have paid!
My room was ok, it had 2 very small double beds for me and my husband. The brides room was supposed to be a suite, but my room was bigger!
Upon speaking to other guests they were all very happy as they had been upgraded! Not sure this is the right thing to do to the bridal party that has pre booked a year ago at considerable cost! Even the hairdresser was upgraded to a suite!!
One guest told me that she had telephoned to book and quoted the special reference for the wedding room rate and then looked online and booked it cheaper!
Not great service.
The food in the oak grille was outstanding, cannot not fault a thing.
The golf bar is good with reasonable drink prices, this is however tucked away at the back of the hotel whilst the cocktail bar next to reception has way inflated prices, ie £11 for one glass of white wine!!.
The whole mentality of the place seems to be to get money out of you wherever they can.
The spa pool is very nice.
The wedding went extremely well but the wedding planner got the appointment wrong, they left the present box with money in unattended and had to be asked to serve the wine, also, the best man was left without a starter.
The bride and groom were left chocolates with the name of a different bride and groom who had a wedding in a different part of the hotel.
On the last day, we had someone elses bill through our door.
This has the potential to be a very nice place but too many small details are unattended to which to me does not make this 5 star.
I would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its fragrant walled gardens, stately Jacobean country house and 200 acres of Hertfordshire hotel parkland, the historic Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club makes a lasting impression. As London's time-honored "Original Country Retreat," you'll find the obliging service and amenities expected from a luxury hotel in Hertfordshire, UK. It's a standard that extends from the richly paneled library warmed by an open fireplace to elegant guest rooms each designed offering plush new bedding, business-savvy touches, high-speed Internet and flat-screen LCD TVs. Savor our local culinary offers from Oakes Grill and Vardon's Bar, or enjoy the Hanbury Afternoon Tea in Oak Hall. Yield to the blissful pleasures of the luxury spa, workout in the fitness center or take on the championship golf course. For weddings, our luxury Hertfordshire hotel offers a distinctive setting that provides memorable occasion. When looking for luxury Hertfordshire hotels, choose the impeccable Hanbury Manor Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com and Marriott so you can book your Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hanbury Manor Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Hanbury Manor Hotel Country
- Marriott Ware
- Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club Ware, Hertfordshire, UK
- Ware Marriott