“First Visit and newly refurbished - we had a great time”
Review of Hubbox

Hubbox
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Pentewan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went to the Hubbox on it's opening night of the season and after the refurb had just been completed.

There's a more seating now and a bit of a jig around with everything else, but all in all we felt it still feels like the Hubbox.

There was 10 of us in our party and although the food took a little while to come out, we weren't in any hurry, all the food cam at the same time and was hot.
Nothing was sent back and our Friends said it was a great meal.

I thought the prices had gone up a little, but then when reading the menu, fries are now included on most things, which previously they weren't.
Drinks wise, we kept to the usual suspects and avoided the cocktails which I think are quite expensive, but otherwise I would say they are no more expensive than anywhere else.
Including a couple rounds of drinks we actually thought the bill was very reasonable with great service.

We will definitely be visiting again when we go down later in the year.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dropped in for dinner tonight ( 03 April 2018). Unfortunately they were busy and the food was not up to the usual standard. Our dogs and burgers were warmish and the fries were cold. As there were people waiting for tables we did not feel comfortable sending the food back. Later on we mentioned about the food temperature to a member of staff who ,apologised, and told us it maybe due to the kitchen having to cope with a new menu.

sameer s, Head of Operations at Hubbox, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Conny,
Please accept our sincere apologies about the delay in your food and also about them being cold. Please can I ask you to contact me so that I can discuss further.

Sameer

Sameer@hubbox.co.uk

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first visit to Hubbox Pentewan following the refurbishment- Without question the location is the star here and the food is always good but the refurbishment has taken the soul out of the place. It is now all faux whitewashed wood from floor to ceiling and the lovley glass doors onto what was the veranda (removed also) have been replaced by white plastic windows! The lovely log burner has also been removed I suppose to get more bums on more seats. The view remains but the atmosphere has gone. I wont be going there quite as often anymore. The management should have should have taken advice from The Pier House in Charlestown which looks fantastic following its recent refurbishment
Anninkernow

2  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have been to hubbox in Exeter so expectations were high. Food was good and delivered quickly but was a little cool for my taste (although I didn’t send it back). Was a nice lunch but paid £30 for two burgers and 2 drinks; pricey for what was, in my opinion, an above average but not stellar burger and some fries. Shake was flavoured milk, not particularly thick but tasted good (£5) and coke float passed the wife test, she was swiftly taken back to her childhood in st Austell.

Good place for beach food!!

1  Thank James_T_Sanders
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Setting is lovely, food is good but I don't feel it's worth the money you pay! Have had nicer burgers elsewhere for less but if your not bothered about price then worth a visit.
Milkshakes are delicious