All reviewseasy transferbeautiful locationbed dormmain partown bathroomonly criticismhostelcheesepier
Reviewed November 24, 2016 via mobile

We made a booking and it was upgraded ...we got 1 room for 3 persons....the view was perfect....weather was good...nice people who work there...helpfull
..friendly...good rooms...quite....every night a party but we didnt here it ...we loved it!!

Thanx

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joris D
Reviewed September 25, 2016

I was a bit nervous at first. I was traveling alone and got in later than expected. From the moment I arrived at Aquarius they were welcoming and very helpful. The rooms/beds were clean, staff SUPER friendly. I can't stress enough how far out of their way they went to help me with anything I needed. I only stayed two nights (really consider staying in Ilha Grande longer than two days!), but I made really great friends in that short time. I went on the boat trip which was really well worth it, the bar is super fun with lots of dancing and guests from other hostels and hotels venturing over. I ended up forgetting my jacket (with memory cards of all my trip photos in the pockets!!) and i wrote them once I realized, they gave my jacket to someone who lives in the same city as me and I just got it back last night!! Really a wonderful little hostel with a huge heart. Loved it and would most definitely return if ever in Brazil again. Also, freshly baked cake for breakfast. So good.

Room Tip: the bar stays open late so if you're a light sleeper and staying in a shared room try ear plugs.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

Staff is extremely helpful (thanks again Deb!) Perfect location and amazing trails and beaches. Staff gives good information and routes how to get to nice spots. Rooms are clean and breakfast is also good!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tara O
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and enjoyed our time on the island, which is beautiful. The hostel itself was ok. Our private room was very basic (as you would expect with the price) but cleaned daily. Fantastic view of the sea and you can hear the ocean coming in against the rocks of a morning! The shower was awful though...sooooo slow and not so warm! That would be my only criticism of the room. Breakfast was good...bread, cheese, ham, cereal, fruit, cake, quiche etc complete with great views. Shared kitchen was available (not the best facilities) as well for those looking to save costs. We didn't use it much though as other people don't know how to clean up after themselves properly. The staff at the hostel were friendly. Debbie speaks good English and was full of knowledge about the island and ideas for things to do. Wifi is only available in main reception and surrounding area, not from your room which was absolutely fine for us. Seemed to be quite a few power cuts though during our time which left us with no wifi or light in the room.
As a lot of other people have mentioned on here, this is a party hostel. If you don't plan on being up all night partying, I wouldn't recommend staying here. Me and my gf are not party goers but our room was around the side away from it all so we slept ok. In future we would stay at a quieter place. But overall we enjoyed our time here and I would recommend this hostel to those looking for late nights (people younger than me!!!).

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

This is a party place, not a hostel. The party's were nice, rooms were dirty and the water was cold. People were having sex in the rooms all the time. The location is good but That's it. I changed hostel for the last night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo