“Value for money ”
Review of Hotel Madrid

Hotel Madrid
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Room is small with en-suite and air conditioning. I had double bed in my room and plenty of electrical points. Room is cleaned every day. A few cute toiletries in bathroom. It's exactly what it says it is. Very close to beach. Nice stop over. I stayed during Fiesta so was loud music for the 2 night I was there. I would definitely stay here again if it was just a couple of nights.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Outside this hotel are pictures of food, beware we asked for 6 English breakfasts, man was very angry & rude, the place was empty, after an hour 1 breakfast came out,
Eggs, chips, bacon & sausage, 40 mins later mushrooms & beans came out on a
separate plate with another breakfast, followed by another 20mins for the last three.
We tried to charge us 10 euros each, I took him to the picture outside showing a lovely breakfast, bacon,sausage,mushrooms,black pudding & beans, he lowered the bill to
48 euros, it was an awful expirence and have never come across such awful manners in such a lovely part of Spain, please avoid

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel via booking.com because it advertised free cancellation
I cancelled very shortly after booking, was told by booking.com there would be no charge but the hotel deducted 30% from my credit card. I contacted the hotel by email but have had no response

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ros B
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Just stayed the one night with friends, purpose of the visit was to go for a jolly and a change of scenery. On arrival gave us our room keys, on entering one of the rooms it had not been cleaned, went back to the reception, gave us another key but only had a twin room and was told to push the beds together, no problem. Went out in the surrounding area had a few beers in the numerous bars where free tapas were served with the drinks. The hotel did exactly as it said on the tin, ideal for a cheap stay over, room absolutely adequate for our requirements. Only live half an hour away but would return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayley B
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Clean rooms. Great friendly staff. 2 minutes walk to a very big beach. Lots of good restaurants and bars around. Food in the hotel is good too and good prices. Highly recommended. A nice area to visit and ferry to la manga is also 2 minutes away. Mar menor is great for kids to swim. Very calm.Weather is still goid for late October 25 to 30 degrees. Hotels is also very close to the airport so taxi is cheap.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kevin g
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

As always I will give honest feedback.

The price of the hotel I thought was very reasonable, until I actually got there then I know why.

The rooms are very basic and pretty poor, there was a very bad smell of sewage in the corridors and the rooms. Which there was an attempt to hide the smell with an automatic air fresher in the hall way, which didn't help.

The shower had a mind of its own and would go down to a basic dribble if you was the last one in building to use it.

There was no bed covers other than a very thin sheet, and as a previous review stated the air conditioning was pre set and couldn't be altered so in early hours of the morning it was freezing. So much so my partner now has a bad chest and cold as a result.

We didn't eat at the hotel as the prices where over priced for the servings, we looked at the waiters serving the food and the price board.

Also it states car parking available on nearby streets, all I can say is goodluck with that as it a free for all.

Also one day I managed to park outside the hotel only to watch the waiter bouncing his car off my car and the one in front bumpers to park up.

The rooms are cleaned daily, unless your in them. Then if you ask to wait a minute while you vacate the room for them, they go away and don't come back. They don't clean on Sundays seems rooms don't get dirty on that day.

The hotel is in a very good position and is 2 minutes from a lovely beach.

Would I visit this hotel again or recommend it ? Not a chance keep your money.

Santiago de la Ribera could be a really nice place for a holiday destination, but it has it all wrong. Overpriced shops with overpriced restaurants, with very little customer care and in fact wherever possible they try and get away with not giving you the offers and charging full price..... nice try....

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed_Ash72
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Tucked away in a small street just from the front, we wanted a change from the standard seafood choices on the seafront.

Had a couple of steaks and spaghetti.

My 9 year daughter is a bit of an expert on spaghetti dishes and said that it is the best she has ever had!

The chuleton and veal steaks were cooked perfectly and served with fries and grilled padron peppers.

We didn't stay here but it is great value and quality food and I am very happy to recommend.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santiago de la Ribera
0.5 km away
0.1 km away
Hotel El Marino
Hotel El Marino
#2 of 8 in Santiago de la Ribera

Been to Hotel Madrid? Share your experiences!