“Unfairly treated”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Wootton
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have been going to head to toe for years I must admit I have cancelled appointments and not given enough notice. I recently booked in for a hair cut and was told I had to pay a deposit which I agreed, however after my hair cut which cost me £70 I asked if I could book in for a colour I was then told I had to pay another deposit. I was ok with this however I could not pay it there and then as I had just paid for my hair cut plus a bottle of conditioner, I then suggested I pay the deposit nearer the time of my appointment. I was told I couldn't do this and would therefore loose my appointment if I didn't pay there and then, I understand processes and I did try to compromise by suggesting I pay nearer the time so I do not loose my appointment but I was flatly refused. I have spent so much money at that place and felt like I was being treated like a criminal, I will not be returning ever again!!!

9  Thank May87_13
Broxy2011, Owner at Head to Toe, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Our deposit policy is extremely rarely used and only when a considerable number of appointments have been missed and/or a number of cancellations have been made at last minute, and is only introduced after a polite warning that the policy will have to be used if further appointments are missed. Of the hundreds of clients seen each week this is the first time this policy has had to be introduced for some considerable time. As an existing client this decision was not taken lightly.

Our staff earn their living from the appointments they have, and a missed or late cancelled appointment means they are unable to fill that time and earn their income, and whilst we understand occasionally appointments are missed, we have to take action if the problem is ongoing. This is the same for all salons and so you will find all reputable salons have a late cancellation policy similar to ours. In this instance we never charged the late cancellation fee, so there was no additional cost to your appointment, we simply asked for a part payment in advance to ensure future appointments were not missed, there would have been no additional cost to you, which we felt was better than a late cancellation fee, or missed appointment fee.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Be aware parents. My daughter age 12 who is very particular about her hair, had it cut today at Head to Tow by a junior trainee. When we booked her appointment we were not told. The haircut took an hour and 5 minutes. When my daughter came back from the cutting room I could tell she was not happy. Her hair looked exactly like it was when she went in. I only knew it was a trainee when the cut was a third of the price of what I normally pay for her cut.

My daughter told me that the trainee had to ask the hairdresser beside her throughout to check the cut was ok. My daughter specifically asked for the hair to be cut of her shoulders and so her hair was out of her face. The stylist ignored this totally.

Why do salons think they can con children. They have lost one customer today.

1  Thank GeorgeP284
Broxy2011, Owner at Head to Toe, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hi George, Thank you for your feedback, however, we wanted to reassure you that the stylist who cut your daughter's hair is fully qualified and has passed her hairdressing qualifications. Many salons would put young stylists on the salon floor and charge full price for their work, However, at HEAD to TOE we put our newly qualified stylists on a graduate stylist programme. This programme is designed to ensure young stylists build their creativity and develop their skills to a level higher than you might find elsewhere for stylists of similar experience. During this time a senior stylist will oversee the work that is being created to ensure standards are being met, and to add creative input and ideas if needed. Cuts such as these are offered at a reduced price as you experienced, so that both parties benefit from the arrangement. It sounds like in this case, this was not explained to you prior to your visit so we are very sorry for that. Our salon manager recalls your visit, and recalls that at the time of leaving you were both happy with the cut. We would always encourage all clients to continue the discussions after a visit with us directly, so that if there are any issues or problems with a service, we can put it right as soon as physically possible as it is our goal to have totally happy clients. So please do give us a call and ask for our salon manager, and I am sure we will be able to reassure your daughter enough that she will be comfortable to visit us again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I visited 'Top to Toe' for the first time today for an eyebrow wax and am pleased with the results.

The salon is located about 15 mins drive out of central Oxford, with free parking at the front of the building. It's a medium sized, bright hair & beauty salon with a welcoming reception area and spacious waiting room.

I had my treatment with a friendly beautician called Ellie. Having had bad experiences in the past I'm really picky when it comes to waxing, so I was impressed that Ellie took the time to ask questions about what shape I wanted my brows to be before getting started.

The treatment room was warm and bright with loads of space. Plus it was a nice surprise to lie down and find the bed was heating (perfect for a cold November day!).

Despite being a bit expensive - my eyebrow shape (wax & tweeze) cost £15 - I think the price was fair considering the overall experience and service.

So, following my first experience, Top to Toe salon get a big thumbs up! They've definitely bagged themselves a new regular customer and I'll be recommending them to my friends too.

1  Thank Res4
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been to this salon many times and have found it to be slightly above the average but not enough to justify their high prices. i also find it very suspicious that the positive reviews of this place are by people who have only ever reviewed that salon and no other. In other words I don't think they are genuine reviews by genuine customers.

5  Thank Joanna H
See more reviews
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Having my hair cut at Head To Toe was a lovely experience from the moment I stepped in the salon. I was greeted as soon as I walked through the door. All the staff were friendly and very polite. The receptionist lead me through to the waiting room and offered me some refreshments. Within 2minutes my hairdresser appeared asking me to come through. She sat me in front of the mirror and straight away my cup of tea arrived. The hairdresser took me through a very thorough consultation. I explained that I only wanted a small amount cut off to make it look healthy again and that I dance so would need it still long enough to tie back.
She was very talkative and lovely throughout the cut and I felt very comfortable like I was having the haircut done in my own home. She used shampoo and conditioner that worked great on my hair and was given a head massage that was amazing!
The final result was gorgeous and my hair actually felt longer than it did when I went in, as it was so much healthier. I will definitely be returning, and I might even treat myself to some beauty treatments in the future!!