“Beautiful Salon”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Wootton
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 23 September 2014

First visit today to this really lovely salon.
Had the pleasure of the wonderful "Lucy" who restored my stressed out hair with a lovely cut and tlc... can't recommend Lucy more or this place!! Thank you *****

Broxy2011, Owner at Head to Toe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Thank you so much for such a lovely review, we really appreciate it when our clients take time out to say how much they have enjoyed an experience. We look forward to continuing to welcome you back to the salon.

All reviews
"highlights"
"stylist"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I visited this salon after being recommended by a friend. I've been to several different salons, such as Toni and Guy and Mahogony. I have to say that head to toe was much better than both of these top rated salons. I had a consultation before having a cut and highlights, and never felt intimidated or out of place, as I have done before. My hairdresser, Hannah was amazing, was really friendly, without being too in your face, and made me feel welcome. Everyone said what a good job she did, with one of my friends wanting to take a picture of the colour. I will definitely be going back, and would recommend both the salon, and Hannah.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I went to Head to Toe salon once before last year, just for a simple trim before my wedding day. I loved the experience but couldn't really do a proper review as I had only had a trim. I must say, even on that day I loved it and the lady (Sylvia) made me feel like she had all the time in the world for me, although I knew she had another appointment after me. She never once made me feel rushed. The same goes for my appointment yesterday (Morgan). Lovely to chat to and made me feel right at home, made me feel much less anxious (I was about to have most of my hair cut off!) I was made to feel welcome the moment I walked through the door. The stylist really took her time, was lovely, chatty (but not too chatty) and it was like we were old friends.

Upon arrival you are greeted with a friendly smile. There is no awkwardness and atmosphere is friendly and calm. I was showed to the waiting area, which is stylish and very comfortable. I barely had to wait a minute before Morgan appeared with a very friendly smile. I had a seat in the chair and we had a chat about the style of hair I was looking for. I showed her some pictures and we discussed the style, the length, what might suit me and why (face shape, jawline etc) and answered all my questions perfectly, putting my mind at ease.

We then went to have my hair washed, where the chairs massage you while you're given a luxurious hair wash. Bliss! When we went back to have my hair cut, I was offered a coffee which is served with biscuits on the side. On that day, the machine was broken so I had a standard coffee, but I know from experience (from when I had a trim), you can have a choice of coffee such as latte etc,, I noticed the music in the background too, which seemed to be the perfect volume. The whole atmosphere was brilliant. The experience of having my hair cut at Head to Toe was wonderful and I would highly recommend it to anyone. From the small details like background music modern lovely furnishings, to the more important details such as leaving the salon feeling like a million dollars, it's a visit I'm looking forward to having again. An absolutely 1st rate hairdressing experience. I am so grateful, thank you.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have been going to head to toe for years I must admit I have cancelled appointments and not given enough notice. I recently booked in for a hair cut and was told I had to pay a deposit which I agreed, however after my hair cut which cost me £70 I asked if I could book in for a colour I was then told I had to pay another deposit. I was ok with this however I could not pay it there and then as I had just paid for my hair cut plus a bottle of conditioner, I then suggested I pay the deposit nearer the time of my appointment. I was told I couldn't do this and would therefore loose my appointment if I didn't pay there and then, I understand processes and I did try to compromise by suggesting I pay nearer the time so I do not loose my appointment but I was flatly refused. I have spent so much money at that place and felt like I was being treated like a criminal, I will not be returning ever again!!!

9  Thank May87_13
Broxy2011, Owner at Head to Toe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Our deposit policy is extremely rarely used and only when a considerable number of appointments have been missed and/or a number of cancellations have been made at last minute, and is only introduced after a polite warning that the policy will have to be used if further appointments are missed. Of the hundreds of clients seen each week this is the first time this policy has had to be introduced for some considerable time. As an existing client this decision was not taken lightly.

Our staff earn their living from the appointments they have, and a missed or late cancelled appointment means they are unable to fill that time and earn their income, and whilst we understand occasionally appointments are missed, we have to take action if the problem is ongoing. This is the same for all salons and so you will find all reputable salons have a late cancellation policy similar to ours. In this instance we never charged the late cancellation fee, so there was no additional cost to your appointment, we simply asked for a part payment in advance to ensure future appointments were not missed, there would have been no additional cost to you, which we felt was better than a late cancellation fee, or missed appointment fee.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Be aware parents. My daughter age 12 who is very particular about her hair, had it cut today at Head to Tow by a junior trainee. When we booked her appointment we were not told. The haircut took an hour and 5 minutes. When my daughter came back from the cutting room I could tell she was not happy. Her hair looked exactly like it was when she went in. I only knew it was a trainee when the cut was a third of the price of what I normally pay for her cut.

My daughter told me that the trainee had to ask the hairdresser beside her throughout to check the cut was ok. My daughter specifically asked for the hair to be cut of her shoulders and so her hair was out of her face. The stylist ignored this totally.

Why do salons think they can con children. They have lost one customer today.

1  Thank GeorgeP284
Broxy2011, Owner at Head to Toe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hi George, Thank you for your feedback, however, we wanted to reassure you that the stylist who cut your daughter's hair is fully qualified and has passed her hairdressing qualifications. Many salons would put young stylists on the salon floor and charge full price for their work, However, at HEAD to TOE we put our newly qualified stylists on a graduate stylist programme. This programme is designed to ensure young stylists build their creativity and develop their skills to a level higher than you might find elsewhere for stylists of similar experience. During this time a senior stylist will oversee the work that is being created to ensure standards are being met, and to add creative input and ideas if needed. Cuts such as these are offered at a reduced price as you experienced, so that both parties benefit from the arrangement. It sounds like in this case, this was not explained to you prior to your visit so we are very sorry for that. Our salon manager recalls your visit, and recalls that at the time of leaving you were both happy with the cut. We would always encourage all clients to continue the discussions after a visit with us directly, so that if there are any issues or problems with a service, we can put it right as soon as physically possible as it is our goal to have totally happy clients. So please do give us a call and ask for our salon manager, and I am sure we will be able to reassure your daughter enough that she will be comfortable to visit us again.