All reviews wacky warehouse the pub plenty of free parking good size would stay again comfortable bed full english car park hendon hull receptionist grandchildren
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Waited ages, staff run around trying to get things done, and served, Our order was rump salad, large ice cream a fishbowl with cookies and stuff. It came in an ordinary dish no cookie, paid £5.99 for basically ice cream with a twix and few maltesers, no fish bowl to be seen. Disgusted with rump salad.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
KingstownHotelHH, General Manager at Kingstown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review. I apologise that you did not enjoy your visit with us. We do take on all feedback and have passed on your comments on, We do hope that you do visit us again

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Usual hotels booked so took the opportunity of staying somewhere different closer to work.

Late booking so took the last room - twin room rather than double. "Deceptively large beds" I was told by the check in person. Not if you're 6'2" and past your athletic best.

The furniture took me back to my childhood bedroom furniture - mainly pine - that we threw out in the late 70's. It was just for one night so ....

Look for the air-conditioning. There is none. Warmest few weeks for some time so room became quickly uncomfortable. So open the window - room 1 is next to reception and facing the car park. But it's only for one night.

Settle down, there's the World Cup semi on TV. Thank god it's on terrestrial or I couldn't have watched it. Oh wait, I can't - TV can't get BBC. Channel not accessible.

Helpful staff come into the room to re-tune the TV while I notice that BBC is on the TV in reception. No luck. No BBC, no football. (I watched it on my phone). I was reassured that I was lucky it was only £82.50 a night - "it used to be a lot more but since the Premier Inn opened people have a choice"!

On a positive note I was offered a fan....

So after a bad night sleep in my little bed I get into the shower. That 3/4 size bath with a flimsy shower curtain that, as soon as you get wet, acts a a second skin making it almost impossible to successfully wash.

Left early without taking on the £7.99 breakfast. There's a Sainsbury's across the road.

Tired hotel, lots of exposed rawl plugs where something useful once hung.

No wonder Premier Inn and Holiday Inn are full - and not that much more expensive.

On a positive, it did have and ironing board and iron plus the internet speed was good.

Room Tip: Definitely look elsewhere first. This is a last resort!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian T

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. We value all of our guest’s feedback. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at kingstownhotel.hull@goodnightinns.co.uk with contact details and the best time to contact you, so that we can speak to you directly.

Delete Response

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Sometimes it's difficult to check in as the front desk is often unattended. Always seems slightly understaffed, however the staff that are there are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are great; clean, comfy and a huge bed. Pub food is fine, not great but fine.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
KingstownHotelHH, General Manager at Kingstown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave us a review, we value your comments very much and although the reception was not attended when you arrived, we are pleased you had a pleasant stay. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked in for two nights recently while visiting family and friends in the area. The room was large comfortable and clean. There was plenty of free parking. Staff were polite and helpful. We had a problem with the shower on the second day, this was fixed promptly. We ate breakfast out so cannot comment on that.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we are extremely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your comments and will pass those onto our reception team. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here quite a few times when working in the area. I’ve always found it clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The staff are always friendly and helpful too. On this visit, the lovely lady, Sam, in reception made me very welcome and got me checked in quickly. She was also chatty and cheered me up after a long drive. The bar / restaurant area can be very busy at times but I’ve always found that my meals have arrived quickly and been delicious. There is also plenty of choice on the menu.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
KingstownHotelHH, General Manager at Kingstown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you very much. we hope you can come and visit again sometime it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I will pass all of your wonderful comments on to our staff