1,087 results
All reviewsbeach clubla sirenathai restaurantpool suitephang nga bayhealthy menulong boatcomplimentary activitiesbeautiful designaqua barbike tourandaman seayoga classespaola navonestunning hotelhappy hourbeach access
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 nights here for our honeymoon, and we loved every second of it! The staff made us feel so special, even before we got there. They helped us to book a Ziplining trip and a private Thai cooking class - definitely do the class, it was with their head chef in the Thai restaurant, and he was fantastic and fun. They had daily activities, from morning yoga to Muay Thai boxing to a bike tour of Phuket. We also went to the private beach club, which was serene and beautiful. There was a man made pool on the beach! And the pool at the hotel...breathtaking.

The rooms are massive with private infinity pools and spectacular views of the ocean (we stayed in a verandah pool suite). The grounds were hip and new, with the most impressive breakfast spread we had ever seen (and its free!). The food is delicious, the staff is attentive, helpful and friendly (Daniel gets a special shout out).

The only downside is the hotel had a promotional photo shoot going on during our stay. We were restricted from certain areas for long periods of time over the course of a few days, and voiced our frustrations to Andy. He listened and was very accommodating. While this may be viewed as a negative experience, the reaction and follow up we received thereafter made it nothing short of wonderful.

There is no doubt I will be returning again the very next chance I get!! Thank you so much for an unforgettable honeymoon!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at COMO Point Yamu, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Dear pl0210,

Your honeymoon is meant to be special and I am glad you had just that at Point Yamu by COMO. I regret that you were disturbed by the photoshoot.
We look forward to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

So close to perfect, but still the best hotel I've stayed at.

The Welcome: The entrance alone to the resort is epic on its own. It's beautiful, welcoming and has a nice bay breeze. Check-in was smooth and required minimal standing up as you checked in on their spacious couches with honey ginseng iced tea and flower garlands. Everyone speaks great English as well.

The Room: Huge. Maybe we had an upgraded room since we stayed after the Christmas / New Years holidays, but the room did not disappoint either. The bathroom alone is almost the size of my NYC apartment. We had a balcony facing the bay with entrances from both the bedroom and the living room. The living room was refreshed with fresh fruits daily.

Dining: The best breakfast buffet I've been to outside of Las Vegas. Assortments of fresh fruit, freshly baked bread, charcuterie, juices (green as well), and great entree choices as well. Dinner options left a little to be desired, with only a Thai, Italian and Bar food options. Dinner prices are what you would see in a major US / EU city (apps ~$10, entrees ~$20-$30 and alcohol $5-$12), . Service was lacking, with wait times for food taking more than an hour. Luckily we were on vacation and not going anywhere, but still we expected better.

The Amenities: While the resort itself lacks a beach, the pool is really stunning. One of the best I've been in. It's a gorgeous low-depth pool with one side being infinity. It's very large as well so there wasn't too much trouble for us to find a space to lounge. There are quite a few activities outside of the resort, including trips to a beach, a waterfall, into Phuket and a handful of activities in the resort (kickboxing, thai cooking, yoga). Also they can organize activities as well. The activities seemed overpriced similar to the dining experience.

TL;DR
Welcome: 5/5; Quick and beautiful check-in
Room: 5/5; Largest and nicely decorated
Dining: 3/5; Awesome breakfast, but dinner options were lacking and slow service
Amenities: 5/5; Instagram-worthy pool, but activities could be cheaper
Value: 6/5; The thing that put this place over the top was the value
Overall: 5/5; Considering value, best hotel I've stayed in

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear HoratioCornblower,

Thank you for rating us so close to perfect and for your comments that will help us closing the gap. My apologies that the service at dining was not quite to your expectations and rest assured that we will work on this.

We hope to see you again here in Paradise.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Phuket has many beautiful hotels, but not that many focus on wellness and good, healthy food. Point Yamu does. If you're looking for a getaway for a little TLC to calm the mind, nourish the body and lift the spirits, this is the place.

It's a Como hotel, which sets the standards pretty high.

A few things to note are that there's no beach on site, you will have to take their special transport that departs at a specific time every day to get to a beach. We missed it, so didn't go, but that was fine by us since the pool is lovely and very quiet. The views from the poolside are also quite stunning. Another little gripe is the construction that's going on below the pool area. It's off the property so unfortunately there's nothing to be done about the noise. It might nonetheless be worthwhile calling ahead and asking if the construction is finished.

The highlight of the resort is really the food they serve at the restaurants and in-room. Rooted in a healthy living mindset, their Como Shambala menu includes dishes such as raw tuna in taro tacos or their signature rainbow salad. Their main restaurant serves up yummy, healthy plates such as burrata, beetroot and charred endive salad, but they also have other favourites ranging from Thai specialties to pizzas or fried chicken - healthy or not, it's all delicious. (PS. definitely don't miss the breakfast!)

Rooms are a good size, with some very thoughtful amenities such as shoe bags or local snacks that are replenished daily. The blue theme of the hotel is aethestically (very) pleasing, and a good match for the modern, contemporary feel of the hotel.

Highly recommended for couple, friends and especially for a solo trip to catch up on some reading. No matter who you're going with, book a spa session.

Room Tip: For a little more you can get a balcony, which is well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear funnypea,

To calm the mind, nourish the body and lift the spirits Point Yamu by COMO is certainly the place. Thank you so much for your very kind words and comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our food was the highlight.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Thanks

Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Can't ask for better! Brand spanking new hotel with gorgeous awe inspiring views. Private boat shuttle to island beach - where you're greeting with a cold towel and a coconut as your boat takes you to shore. The staff is amazing - I was sick one night and they offered to call me a private nurse. It's a place I think about weekly - I wish I was back now!!!

I was hesitant to book on Phuket because of the horror stories I heard - NOT an issue here. You're in your own private oasis, with nothing more to want, you never have to leave the resort.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Andy K, General Manager at COMO Point Yamu, Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Dear Girerdcm,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor and for rating us The BEST.
We certainly aim at meeting and exceeding our guests every wishes.

Please come and visit again.

Point Yamu by COMO

Reviewed April 17, 2016

I booked this hotel to visit Phuket with my Daddy. We were looking for a busy place at the beach so that father and son can bond while going around the surroundings and meeting the locals. Point Yamu is outstanding. It is outstanding for a family trip or a couples trip or a business trip or a father & son gathering, in which both want to relax and spend time in a wonderful place, with wonderful service, food and amenities.
Nevertheless Daddy - who I only see a few times a year - wanted to find a busier place, were he would be able to meet more people of all kind of backgrounds and submerge himself in to the local life. Therefore we decided to cut our trip at Point Yamu short and asked Teoh Phaik Kin (Rooms Division Manager) if we could have a refund. Even though this trip was book with Booking.com and was no refundable, she went the extra mile for us and was able to get us a partial refund to be used at their property in Bangkok (Metropolitan Hotel).
Daddy and I highly appreciated the gesture and support of Khun Kin. Great Customer Service, great proactivity and an amazing display of human understanding of the situation. A combination that his more and more rare in this world.
Highly recommended. And most importabtly: I'll be back with my Partner!!!! :)

Room Tip: private balconies rooms available
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear ChristopheStern,

We are very glad that you were able to enjoy some special time with your daddy and that we were able to accommodate your requests. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to welcome you back whenever you want to return with your partner.

Kind regards,