All reviews long pool own transport rent a scooter swimming pool per day comfortable hotel rice gym bike wifi balcony baht taxi phuket toilet cleanliness pillows
Reviewed January 14, 2018

Away from all the busy hotels / places
Nice rooms, very clean place
Some rooms have direct access to the pool, very cool
A little far away from restaurants and town but many taxis and tuk tuk around
Very efficient and friendly staff

Room tip: Ask for a pool access
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank BOAR POACHER P
Reviewed January 11, 2018

There is a bit of a story as to why I booked a family stay at Baba House over their busiest time of the year. I first tried Air BnB, and booked several locations, with each owner not replying to the booking. I then did a search for small/boutique hotels which were away from the busy areas of Karon/Kata and Patong Beaches. Baba House was the most attractive of all results which were shown. So, I booked and was fortunate they had a room large enough for 4 beds.
I didn't have a high expectation for Baba House, as I have never been to Thailand before, and didn't know what to expect other than what was shown on TA. However, with low expectations, I was super happy with my decision to stay with Baba House.
The lobby is small but cosy and full of historical photos of Phuket. The check in was easy and the front desk staff were very friendly, more than I expected.
We were very happy with the size of the room and its cleanliness. Nothing with neglected or worn out. The toilet, sink and shower were all modern, and the shower's water pressure was just right.
The view was fine, overlooking the neighbourhood and the long pool. The pool looked inviting, and my two children enjoyed it. The water was a comfortable temperature.
What made the stay extra special was the owners and brothers Koi and Ans. Ans first started up a conversation about the history of Phuket and the immigration of Chinese to the island. As an history lover, I listened to everything he told me, and enjoyed the depth of his stories. Koi, who lived abroad for 16 years, also told stories about the history of Phuket, as well as some of the best places to see as a family.
Baba House also can book tours, make delivery food orders, book taxis, or pretty much anything you need. There was a problem with the tour we booked, and the Baba staff were on our side when it came to making a complaint to the tour company. The lady who assisted us with the tour (I cannot remember her name) was able to secure a partial refund from the tour operator due to our complaint.
Although the hotel does not have a restaurant, they recommend an Italian and Thai restaurant which can quickly deliver to the hotel. We ordered at least once a day from each of the places, and we were very happy with the food price, speed of delivery and response to an error in one of the orders. We actually really enjoyed the food a lot!
Being there for 6 nights, it felt the time went quickly, as we felt we were treated like family or old friends. I would like to mention Bo and Xier, who both work at the front desk, who were super helpful and friendly, and treated us so well.
I would have to say that Baba House is now in my list of top 3 hotels. Their strength is in the way they treat their guests, having clean and fresh rooms, and creating a comfortable base for tourists.

Room tip: There are pool-side rooms if you want easy access to the pool.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank steven_nagoya
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff offering service with a smile in good clean surroundings.

Rooms comfy and spacious with good storage, WiFi connection, panoramic view and somewhere to hang your bike on the wall!

Breakfast is a little limited but sufficient.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank simonsimons .
Reviewed October 23, 2017

We didn't go to the beach for this trip, just had a very good experience to stay in the local vicinity, a different way of enjoying Phuket. We walked in the city, to feel the way of the locals commemorate their beloved King Bhumibol, and at the same time they celebrate the annual vegetarian festival.

Room tip: Quiet place located in the local suburb, cozy clean and friendly staffs
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Heaven_Lee2012
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

We travel 21 days in Thailand from South to North East (the Thai calls E-san). We decided to stay in Baba House because of the reviews. The staff was amazingly helpful. The room was super clean. The hotel served decent breakfast good for to go. We enjoyed the pool....very long pool you can literally swim! My girl friend fav was the bed...

The front ladies recommended me to go around by grab taxi (like Uber app).

I would highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple