“Breakfast in rosebud ”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tootgarook
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern Wine bar and Fine Dining Restaurant located by the seaside town of Tootgarook, (Land of the Croaking frog) New location for the former Winery restaurant Veraison Restaurant.
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

After seeing the reviews thought we would check this place out for breakfast, lovely stylish restaurant, menu classed as fine dining
We ordered the mushroom omelet, pulled pork Benedict and chocolate waffles ... I was surprised to see the omelet come out with the mushrooms minced up in the egg mixture, I think I was sort of expecting a mix of chopped mushrooms, but the flavour was actually very good, only complaint being it was quite salty so I’m not sure if it was salted twice by accident ... but very tasty otherwise and the potatoes were a nice accompaniment ... my daughters waffles were very decadent and delicious and my husbands pulled pork was good but he felt the cider hollandaise was a bit sweet, average sized meals, service was nicely paced, so please don’t be in a hurry and enjoy the meal, would I visit again, yes I’d love to try dinner .. a great little restaurant for rosebud 3 breakfasts plus drinks about $88

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent menu and ambiance. We enjoyed our lunch and were surprised by the extent of the menu and wine list. Friendly and competent service. A good halfway stop for friends catching up from both ends of the Peninsula.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Visited Veraison for the first time for lunch and it certainly matched the fantastic reviews. It was a Monday after school holidays so not busy. My wife had calamari, which tasted slightly like popcorn, just as light and was accompanied by a curry aioli and couscous rocket salad. I had lamb fillets and gnocchi with small rounds of fried potatoes, caramelised onions and a purée - the gnocchi was 'small pillows of yum' and the lamb fillets grilled and tender. We also had great coffee and the service was extremely friendly but not over the top. Thanked the chef on the way out and will be back again this week to try the other great sounding meals on the menu. If on the peninsular we would recommend driving to Veraison. The trip from Sorrento was well worth it!

1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 5 October 2017

My sister and I flew into Mornington Peninsula for the weekend and after reading good reviews decided to have dinner at Veraison. We were early and very hungry, and Cherie was very thoughtful bringing us bread very quickly and putting orders through.

It was one of the most incredible food moments we've both ever had. we had the duck, the gnocci and the pork belly. there are no words to describe how amazing this food was. the flavours are not too overpowering, but very very very tasty. We ordered dessert even though we were both full - just because dinner was so incredible. We had the Parfait & the trifle. The Trifle was amazing! but dinner was by far the reason we would fly back to Melbourne!!

The food here is so good, we were up at 730 and waiting outside by 8 for Veraison to open for breakfast. We had the homemade crumpets and scones - the scones were lovely, and the crumpet was once again incredible! the sauce on top was like nothing we've ever had before.

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

From 2 very well seasoned travellers who love food
Kat & Tash

1  Thank peach2015
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Went there for dinner was going well when we realised young female waitress was learning so we gave her some leeway, then owner came over as young girl was taking our order and told her off in front of us for forgetting an order on another table ! Couldnt relax after that food was great maybe have at least one experienced waiter on staff, will go back and give it another go as we loved the food!!

1  Thank Andrew M