Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
WonderinTravel
Canton of Basel, Switzerland

Great place with some room for improvement

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 1, 2023via mobile
Great place , room for improvement. Great location , the studio was great and clean, breakfast was very good.
The experience on the Italian restaurant was terrible , our order was forgotten and they did not had the courage to say until confronted . Guests on other tables that arrived after us were served before and the staff couldn’t realize it until we called their attention.The food is average and although the staff is nice and kind they don’t seem to have the necessary training and experience .
An area to pay attention and to improve is the smell and cleanness of the public bathrooms close to lobby .
Date of stay: August 2023
    C$220
  • Official website
  • Booking.com
4.2 km from Aqualuz Troia Mar & Rio Hotel by The Editory
    C$195
  • Official website
Pool
Tróia Residence - Apartamentos da Praia.
    C$339
Go to your Happy Price
  • eDreams
  • Trip.com
0.8 km from Aqualuz Troia Mar & Rio Hotel by The Editory
View from the private terrace
  • Vio.com
4.9 km from Aqualuz Troia Mar & Rio Hotel by The Editory
Living room
0.2 km from Aqualuz Troia Mar & Rio Hotel by The Editory
Sala de estar, open space
C$175
Fully refundable
No prepayment needed
Book direct and Save
2082.2 km from Aqualuz Troia Mar & Rio Hotel by The Editory
View more hotels in Troia
1,131 results
All reviews recommend this hotel indoor swimming pool is double bed living room beaches dolphins wardrobe river
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2023

a clean and tidy room, comfortable, two toilets, view to the sea where we could see the dolphins. We had a living room and the best things was the enormous balcony. It was a midium sized room. We didn't have a bath tub and we asked for a bunk bed and a double bed but instead of the double bed they gave us 2 indvidual beds that we had to put together. Free wifi and air conditioning

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2022 via mobile

Roof leaked and flooded lobby outside the restaurant.

Room smelt of damp / wet towels.

No tea or coffee in the room

Sink in the kitchen smelt awful

Fridge door hinge banged every time it was opened

Fridge was very noisy meaning it was difficult to sleep

Bed was split into two singles so was impossible to use the full bed as would move apart and the bedding was tucked in so tight as separate beds.

There was a suspicious stain on the grey bed topper.

Bathroom had a large piece of tile which has been glued back on the wall which was had a dirty stain around it

Hand towel rail is hanging off the wall

Power socket hanging off the wall by the bathroom

Bottom draw was difficult to open and scraped on the frame.

Wardrobe smelt musty!

The patio doors do not seal so can here and feel the wind.

Breakfast beans we hard.
Pastries were over cooked on (21st)

Only small plates available.

Coffee did not dispense decaff with milk it was just milk.

Coffee machine did not dispense clean water it was pale brown.

There is limited outside lighting and the paths and entrances from the rear are very uneven and potential trip hazard.

Waited in the queue to check out had been next in line for some time, however was ignored and instead the male receptionist served someone who had just arrived.

Number of the outdoor sun loungers were broken and were not adjustable

Button Panel in the lift was lose.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2022 via mobile

It was very easy to book and communication was excellent. Once we arrived the reception staff was friendly, welcoming and efficient.
The studio was clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent and all staff super friendly.
Check out was effortless.
I would go back again and recommend this hotel without any reservations.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed July 30, 2022 via mobile

Money and credit cards information stolen from room. Awful. Do not go at any cost. My identity was then used on my two of my separate debit cards to make local Uber (Bolt) transactions. This meant they had to use the information on my drivers’ licence as well (home address) to register these two separate cards. A TOTAL invasion of my family’s privacy and respect, and when I asked to see the hotel manager on the Friday night they said no manager was available. I was then promised that a manager would be available to talk to the following morning at 8.30am and still no manager was present which is inexcusable for such a large hotel. The manager made no heartfelt apology whatsoever and even went as far as suggesting I might be mistaken. The transactions were local and the only possible information needed to register my cards was in n my wallet- was his was not online fraud. The only way my cards could have been registered was by using card details and drivers licence. Also money was stolen (€20) from my wallet in my room. No steps made to placate my anger and distress at having to cancel two cards and be left stranded for payment options for the rest of our trip. Paid over €1,000 for five nights and no offer made to at least cover my stolen money. Sheer hospitality ignorance. If I had the time I would have called police and pressed charges, but as it was our travel arrangements had been disrupted enough by this episode.

Other issues:

- No welcome and no help with luggage
- Pool was disgusting (green and murky water, mouldy sides)
- Attention to detail poor (two adults and two children and only two bath towels).
- Long queues for breakfast which n itself was poor (6/10 at best)

Positives:

- Charming young Kids Club reps
- Room was spacious and good (despite two single beds for my wife and I?!?)

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank RobC77
Reviewed June 29, 2022 via mobile

One of my best destinations in all seasons but best in summer. Super hotel with superb staff and great ambience. A must if you happen to be in Portugal. Beautiful marina and great beaches. Delicious food and a handy carpark. All in all a magnificent place to be whenever you have the time.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple