“Lunch on a Good Friday Day Trip”
Review of Paseo Rizal

Paseo Rizal
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Tanay
Cuisines: Philippine, Cafe
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My college friends, my wife and I went around Rizal last March 30, 2018. It was a Good Friday. After we visited Bosoboso Church, we went straight here in Paseo Rizal. It was highly commended by one of my college friends. Seeing it for the 1st time, what struck me is the craftsmanship of the architectural details. Then, I saw the sculptures. At that time, its art gallery at the ground level showcased an artist's works. Iot fascinated with teh paintings and sculptures displayed in it. After checking the artworks, we went to the 2nd level to have our lunch. We ordered various dishes. I thought we won't be able to finish all the served dishes. I was surprised, we finished all of the dishes. Maybe we were hungry but definitely the served dishes were delicious. Then, there was a guitarist while we were having lunch. To top it all, that the breeze was cool. Overall, we enjoyed our time at Paseo Rizal.

1  Thank Kristoffer A

Reviewed February 28, 2018

OK...I'll start with first impressions. Waitress could have been friendlier and welcoming. It was Thursday afternoon and we were the only customers there. She should have been happy to see us.

But, everything else went well from there. After she took our order, she came back with some complimentary boiled bananas and singkamas with bagoong. Yum!

The food then slowly got served. It was ok...we were not in a hurry. It was a nice day and were enjoying the breeze and the view. I was imagining what it would be like in the summer though....I don't think the place has AC. It may not be as nice.

We enjoyed our early dinner. I had suman with latik for dessert, and that was memorable.

Just note that getting to the restaurant requires climbing steps/stairs. Fortunately, my elderly mom can still walk...otherwise, it would have been a no-go.

Overall, still a nice choice for the area.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Although the place was bit far (I'm thinking that it's just because it was my first time), it was all worth it. The place looks nice, nostalgic even. It reminds me of my grandmother's house. An old piano by the window, wooden chairs, old house, garden. Their food was also worth paying for. Nowhere near Manila Hotel buffet-worthy, but it's pretty decent. Must try is their turin with caramel sauce. Ooohhh. Makes me want to go back there!

1  Thank Leigh Anne Dehn... D
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Located along marcos highway in Tanay, this house turned restaurant makes you feel like home.. It has a nice ambiance, an acoustic was there singing beutiful songs while we eat their delicious foods. Will definitely comes back to this restaurant. Worth every penny. It also house different paintings located at the ground floor of the restaurant and some rustic appliances..

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

We went here last Aug 27, Sunday for late lunch. Great ambiance with a lot of paintings and artworks that are also for sale. There's no airconditioning but the open windows and electric fan covered for it. Big servings, you can ask for extra soup. Loved the sinigang but not so much the bulalo. Servers can be more proactive instead of being push buttons. We would love to comeback to eat and listen to good music.