All reviews spiral staircase the pub mussels split level room specials board honeymoon suite fish menu bathroom downstairs ate here roast beef overlooking the beach poster bed sitting area large bathroom residents lounge plaice kippers
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We stopped for lunch after seeing West Bay Beach. Comfortable hotel and dining area, pleasant staff (service was slow though) a good beer and the soup was delicious. Slightly pricey, however would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
BridportArmsHotel, General Manager at Bridport Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Malvina,

Thanks for your recent review , we are glad that you found the food and drink a highlight of your visit. We always try our hardest to be as quick as possible with service, however sometimes when very busy we may slip from are usual high standards but hope that we tried to do everything to make you happy. We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We switched allegiances from our regular pub lunch venue at the George, across the car park, last year when it seemed they’d lost their way a little (though I’ll probably give them a wee ago again to see if they’d upped their game after my review!) and it looks as if The Bridders Arms are upping theirs anyway. Waitress service, the Spring brew Long Hop (not bad for Palmer’s) and the ‘sandwiches’ are Barra Gallega baguettes apparently (a sort of ciabatta I suppose?) and actually pretty good nosh.

I had a crab one which was grand and my wife the soup of the day (Tomato and basil) with bread - a bit measly on the bread portion but soup she said was good.

So yeah four stars on the light pub lunch menu in my view and looking at the portions on the more substantial meals, it might be a while until I give the opposition a chance!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest ,

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit to the Bridport Arms, we are really pleased that you enjoyed the food as well as being waited on. We hope that you enjoy many more visits to West Bay, and that we will continue to be your place to go,

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights , found it very average for its nightly rate . It trades on the fact that it’s by the beach is busy and so they can be lazy . Coffee machine not working on Sunday lunchtime , no “ instant drinks offered “ ( I went and got takeaway from cafe to bring back for my daughter and wife ) . Also apparently I had to ask in advance for soya milk to be bought in , which I had wrongly assumed was a pretty standard thing these days !!! ( I’m dairy intolerant) . While the spiral staircase rooms may seem a novelty actually they are a nuisance after a short while
All in all a 2.5 out of five , and you pay for the location

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rolandpayne28

Dear Rowland,

I am sorry that we disappointed you on your recent visit to the Bridport Arms Hotel, we take all feedback seriously and learn from it where we can. With Regards to your specific issues may I apologise that we do not stock soya milk as standard and this may be something that we may need to look into should the needs of our guests become greater. We had hoped that our purchase of soya milk for your second day showed that we care very much about our guests needs.
Unfortunately our coffee machine had lost pressure due to being used so much over the previous days and we would not want to upset guests further by charging them for a poor product such as instant coffee, however all guest bedrooms have private kettles and coffee making facilities that would have been at your disposal.
I hope that you enjoyed being able to take your family and friends into our private residents lounge when the bar was full, giving you the chance to enjoy some tranquillity in what was a very busy West Bay Bank Holiday.

We hope that your visit will not be the last with us , and we wish you pleasant travels in the future,

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Visited on Mother’s Day and had 3 roast dinners and a starter with roast pots and veg. The food came promptly and was very nice. The meat was cooked well and the vegetables were fresh.

Unfortunately my wife found some plastic in her Yorkshire pudding. Whilst this isn’t great the landlord was quick to act and knocked a meal off the price. So cannot argue with that.

However when we came to pay we couldn’t work out some of our bill. My wife asked what a £3.50 charge was for and the landlady responded by saying that was for the extra roast potatoes we requested. We got 3!!!! Also we couldn’t work out whether they had knocked a meal off or not.

The landlady explained that because we requested a starter with roast pots and veg they charged us originally for a roast beef (£15). The starter was £7 on the menu so they had charged a further £8 for vegetables and potatoes. This was conveniently the meal they knocked off the price leaving the 3 roast dinners still on the bill. With my wife’s lamb (£18) still being on there. This was the meal that had the plastic in the Yorkshire!

It’s a shame as the pub is lovely, the quality of the food is good and the service was prompt. However being charged £3.50 for 3 potatoes and having the cheapest meal knocked off whilst a gesture of goodwill still feels under hand to a certain extent.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Alex B
BridportArmsHotel, General Manager at Bridport Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Dear Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit at the Bridport Arms.We are very sorry again that you had some issues with your food, the team would again like to apologize for spoiling your visit. We hate to see any guest leave unhappy and hope that next time you visit you say hi personally so i can help to rectify the situation.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Fish and chips on the menu so in we went, four of us with dog. Could not fault the food and the service was very good, we sat by the fire as we were the only people in there at that time. The hotel is in a good position for seeing the views of Chesil.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mel,

Thanks for your recent comments regarding the Bridport Arms, we are so glad that you enjoyed the food and that the dog enjoyed there visit also.We look forward to seeing you again soon ,

Regards