We spent 6 nights at this Villa at the beginning of a 2 month European extravaganza. From the moment we drove into the parking area ("leave your bags in the car- we'll get them later") we were enchanted. The views from our windows, the magnificent olive groves and vineyards, the spectacular fields of wildflowers, the melodious birdsong, the hikes on the property and the incredible views- we loved it all! Then there were our hosts- both so welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. We very much enjoyed and appreciated their efforts to make our stay memorable. The staff was charming- pleasant and informative- and took very good care of us. The food- oh, the food!- the only trouble was deciding what to order each night as the menu was filled with unique offerings. Not only was each meal incredibly delicious, each was presented beautifully. The morning pastries, made by the "boys", are the stuff of dreams. Does it sound like we had just the best time there? We did, and you should all go to experience it for yourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a remote hillside above Lake Trasimeno, Villa di Monte Solare nestles in gorgeous grounds punctuated by cypress trees and fountains a few miles from Perugia. An enchanting villa, that for centuries was home to an aristocratic family, it is now a delightful boutique hotel with an excellent restaurant, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a pampering spa.Rooms and suites at Villa di Monte Solare are distributed between the villa, complete with marble fireplaces, terracotta floors and antique furniture, or in one of the 350-year-old farmhouses on the estate, also beautifully furnished but with a more rustic feel. Wander around the walled Italian garden and discover the chapel. Then, head to the pool and take in the sweeping views of the Muserale Valley and the Mongiovino hills.Take a cooking class with the chef to learn authentic Italian cuisine and then try to match a wine to your dish with a wine tasting session. In between swimming, relaxing, spa treatments and tennis find some time to visit some of the nearby villages for a feel of Umbrian life. End your day with delicious Italian cuisine in Villa di Monte Solare’s restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa di Monte Solare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Di Monte Solare Hotel Tavernelle Di Panicale
- Hotel Di Monte Solare
- Di Monte Solare Hotel
- Villa Di Monte Solare Italy/Tavernelle Di Panicale, Umbria