1,930 results
All reviewspalm villapremier villasiam restaurantelite villariver gardenkanda sparickety bridgeluxury escapespa sonbeach barfree mini barhappy hourmassage vouchersbeach frontmattress topperboom boomcooking class
Reviewed September 10, 2016

We recently stayed 8 nights on a Luxury Escapes package and enjoyed our stay very much. As it was the off season it rained most days which forced us to relax in our comfortable villa. The bed was a bit firm and much better once a topper was put onto it. The breakfasts were good but got a bit repetitive. We attended two theme nights and really enjoyed the Hawaiian night entertainment. The pools were lovely but the water was a bit cool when the sun wasn't shining but there were plenty of loungers for relaxing and the beach was lovely to walk along. The massages at the Spa were good. We ate quite a few meals at the 3 restaurants to the right along the beach and found them to all be good. We also ate at 2 restaurants near the front gate of the Resort but didn't enjoy the food as much.

1  Thank janineor
Robertthai1, General Manager at Beyond Resort Khaolak, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2016

Dear janineor,

Many thanks for your kind review. Happy to read that you had a few restful days here and sorry that the weather was not at it's peak during your stay, one end we cannot control.

Again thank you for staying with us

Robert Frei, GM & the BRKL Team

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We returned for the second time to Beyond resort for another fabulous holiday this year in June.
We stayed in the Elite Villas with spa. So worth the upgrade if you want a more private room with a small private courtyard and outside spa. The room is large and spacious with a super King size bed, bathroom is beautifully appointed as well.
We love staying at this resort, the staff are always friendly and obliging with your wants and needs if any. Carsten is so friendly and is always helpful with any sightseeing or shopping excursions you'd like to participate in and always has a chat (that is when he's not looking after other guests) if your just passing through the lobby.
Our package included massages and OMG they are to die for. We were lucky to have a few very relaxing massages with the lovely massage therapists who's names are Oil and On. Wow we can't recommend them highly enough, they know exactly where your aches and pains are and you come away feeling totally relaxed.
The pool area is beautiful and relaxing, with a swim up bar to add to the holiday feel.
We had beautiful meals down on the beach from the beach restaurant and again I would highly recommend everyone to eat there too. Our breakfast was always serviced to us by the very attentive Tip and Ploy who knew from day 2 what we liked to eat and drink. Such great service!!!
The Markets are a short bus/taxi ride away and they cater for everything the tourist may desire.
We booked a driver, Mong, to take us to Patong for the day to look around and do further shopping which is approximately 2hours drive away. He was very informative as well as being a very nice and friendly driver.
This resort is an Adults only resort and away from the hustle and bustle of Phuket which is why we love it so much and will be returning again next year.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HappyHoliday2962014
Robertthai1, General Manager at Beyond Resort Khaolak, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Dear HappyHoliday2962014,

Thank you very much for your 2nd visit to the resort. We look forward to have you back a third time in the near future. Should you want to purchase a new Voucher for 2017, simply send us a short email and we tell you where and what...

Again thanks and see you next year

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Ok, where to start. We visited on the 20th August. Thru to 27th. We purchased a luxury escapes package that I found on Facebook. Our main reason for picking this resort, CHILD FREE. This was our very first holiday away from our 3 adorable kids, and our very first international holiday. First time for a resort setting, so I can only review on in my honest opinion and what I thought to expect. Pick up from Phuket was timely and friendly. Although we never got told about wifi, or a cold drink or towel as others in the resort got given on their arrival from airport. Car ride cool and comfortable but long. Took about 1 hr 45 mins as driver stopped for a break. Check in, great! Quick and on our way. Although vouchers were not explained as other guests had told us theirs were. Room: we upgraded to a premier villa with luxury escapes. The room itself was close to the beach (as I requested) large and clean. I also pre requested x2 mattress toppers, bed still a but hard for me. But our room was nice. Bathroom very dark to apply makeup at the mirror tho. And occasional sewage smell when it rained. Aircon worked a treat and was quick to cool room. We had one to 3 dogs sleep on our patio every night. By day 5 I gave up complaining each morning, although someone came to shoo them away I thought perhaps we might have been offered to relocate. The dogs were friendly, but noisy. Food and drinks: we never walked foot into Siam. So I can't comment. We ate at 2 buffet nights, Polynesia and Thai. They were OK, but I did not eat much as I did not really enjoy the food. We also ate at beach cafe, that was ok too, nothing to write home about. Was quite pricy in my opinion. Drinks were very over priced (I understand they pay a high tax, but you get charged for that on your bill too) drinks looked nothing like the pictures, small detail, but hey, the pictures looked Devine! Coffee was great! But lacked chocolate sprinkle on my frothed milk. Breakfast, huge selection. And quite tasty! Loved the yellow bread, and they had vegemite!!! Staff: overall friendly and helpful. But no one stood out, and nothing extrodinary to report. Tours: we did a phi phi island tour and an elephant tour. Both tours were amazing, totally recommend phi phi, one of the best times I've had. The guys on the tour were great! Tour guy at beyond, really nice but very uninformed and not very enthusiastic. Grounds: fantastic, very pretty! Spa: only utilised our 90 min massage, meh, it was ok. We cashed rest in for drinks. Pools: the best thing in the whole resort. I adored the pools, clean, spacious and well designed. Never stepped foot onto the beach as it looked really hard to get to over rocks. Who needed it anyway after being able to swim in the pool whilst seeing the waves! Weather: overall pretty good. Only rained one day badly. It did not hinder our holiday. We ate a lot across that great bridge! What a cute little adventure. Boom boom and krui Thai - not sure if I got that name right. Very cheap and comfortable and super eager to please. Lots of massages and hair braiding across the bridge. We also made friends with another Aussie couple, g'day Nikki and Pete! And hired a taxi for 2500 Bhat for the day and he took us all around Phuket and Patong beach and later in the night to Simons show. And back again about 1130pm. Definitely cheaper to get your own taxi into town. The resort caters for 40 plus age group. A few random younger ones but mostly older couples. I imagine it would be quite busy during high season I'm glad we came during low season. It was hot for us poor old tassie folk. We really did enjoy our stay, and would happily recommend it to others. And we would return as it was quite comfortable. But nothing really stood out as 5 star. I think I've covered everything I wanted to in my lengthy review but I've been reading these reviews for 6 months daily before our departure as for thus holiday for us was a big thing money and time wise, I must say some reviews concerned me, but I went with an open mind, and came home wanting to go back. Thailand is such a lovely country if you can handle the smell out of the resort! Also the market was a great place to visit, especially songs bar. Just make sure you use the loo at the resort before you depart. No one wants to use a smelly squat. Thanks for talking the time to read this and I hoped it helped. My husband is a photographer and took millions of pictures if you would like to view bus Facebook BDH images. I'll upload a few I took. Enjoy your holiday at beyond as we did, don't be super fussy or picky and you'll sure have a wonderful time! Wishing I was back!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nicolehM8459JU
Robertthai1, General Manager at Beyond Resort Khaolak, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear nicolehM8459JU,

Many that Ks for your informative review. The transfers for the Luxury Escape are partially outsourced ( just to many to handle ours self ) and their cars do not all provide WiFi and cold drinks as in the Resort cars. This service ( drinks and Internet ) is not an advertised part of the Luxury Escape deal.
Glad that you could enjoy the Khaolak environment and resort facilities. The tour guy was a substitute for our tour guru Carsten who was on holidays as well. Sorry that the service was not perfect here.

Best regards and we hope to have you back too

Reviewed September 4, 2016

My husband and I had a 10 night package at Beyond Resort for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. Entering our spacious room we found the staff had decorated our bed with petals in the shape of a 20 and towel art, such a lovely touch. All the staff were so friendly and attentive throughout our stay. The daily buffet breakfast was yummy and varied. Our package also included massages and 2 dinners, such a great deal for this wonderful resort. We highly recommend this resort and would definitely like to visit again in the future.

2  Thank djstewart72

Dear djstewart72,

Many thanks for your review and congrats to your recent anniversary again. Looking forward to have you back again for some more relaxing at the beach

Best regards from Khaolak

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Stayed for 8 nights as the above resort. The location was beautiful, the staff always obliging, however lack of English was at times a problem. The food and entertainment were good. The rooms were clean and pleasant.

Room Tip: I would have preferred to be on the beach front
1  Thank dave052016

Dear dave052016,

Thanks for your Review. We always try to teach more English and hope to overcome this problem in the near future. There is always European management around to help as well.

Best regards from Khaolak