“Good food, service can be patchy”

The Foreshore Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Rhyll
Price range: US$15 - US$39
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Foreshore Bar & Restaurant is situated in the quiet little village of Rhyll on Phillip Island. This unique setting with its amazing 180 degree water views has helped us to create a warm and relaxing environment for people to sit and enjoy great food, great coffee or a cool drink. You can dine on the balcony or inside in the rustic but stylish restaurant, have a drink at the bar or in the lounge area.. Winter time relax by the fire and enjoy a glass of local wine or in summer out on the balcony’s enjoying the amazing water view’s. The menu’s comprise of local produce, fresh seafood and dishes & influences from around the world
Reviewed March 5, 2018

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant 3 times now. Most recently we had a larger family gathering of 8 (with 3 kids).

The menu is quite small and doesn't sound that special but the meals are generally very good. I had the chicken pasta special and it was very flavoursome. I was especially impressed with how tender and juicy the chicken was. My wife had 1/2 dozen oysters which she said were super fresh and very good, and the veal saltimbocca for main - which she said was good without being outstanding. As we have found, the service can be a bit slow at times and a little bit forgetful.

Overall, we have family in the area and we won't hesitate going back. I wish the service was smartened up, though.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank akc2010

Reviewed February 10, 2018

I now know why the place was empty when I arrived. The menu was small, my uninspired meal did't come with anything on the side, the water was't filtered and it was overpriced. Very disappointing. Nect time I'll be going to the fish and chip shop next door, where I know I will receive a delicious food at a great price.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank ManicMickey
Reviewed January 29, 2018

The first time i went to this place about 12 months ago the food was great, good menu with great choice. Next visit same great menu and choice, but food was cold, sent it back steak came back to me overcooked.
Decided to give them another chance As I am now local, menu average, not a lot of choice not great, wont go back again till it changes owners.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Arrived late morning and ordered latte and milk shake. Coffee was just awful (bitter watery flat white cup and saucer affair) and chocolate milk my son said was yucky! Beer was overpriced at over $9 bottle. Checked out the Menu as research for an evening meal but sadly it was both disappointing (limited) and expensive. I fear this is a restaurant with a captive audience (no other restaurants around) and isn't making as much of itself as it could with great views, nice decor. Needs a shake up of menu, pricing and staff engagement.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

We arrived on a Wednesday at 1 and only had people on the deck but it took 15 minutes to order and 25 minutes to get our over priced beers ..... there was no atmosphere or music and the menu is boring .... my salad had greenery that was turning bad and the tomatoes were on there last hours .... we won’t be back

Date of visit: January 2018