“Drinks and truffle fries.”

Vintage Chop House & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Bay Harbor
Price range: US$12 - US$46
Description: Welcoming, stately, and rich in history, Vintage Chophouse | Wine Bar embodies the charm of the classic all-American steakhouse, complemented by elements of an upscale lounge. Vintage is that quintessential retreat where adults come to indulge and unwind.
Reviewed December 23, 2015 via mobile

We stopped in for a cocktail and snack. Truffle fries are excellent with a garlic sauce. Detroit dirty martini was one of a kind.

Reviewed November 26, 2015

Honestly, this was the worst Thanksgiving dinner we have ever experienced. There's not enough character space here for me to express how disappointing this meal was. It was actually embarrassing. To begin, we requested a 6pm reservation and were told that 7:15 was the earliest available. OK, we'll take 7:15.

We drove 45 minutes and arrived in pouring rain to an awkward porte-cochère that isn't even aligned with the actual door. With no one to direct us, we pulled ahead to what appeared to be valet and waited for a minute or so. With no one around, I ran inside in the rain and found myself in a lifeless, spooky lobby area where a single front desk associate was working. I said to her that I must be lost as we were looking for the chophouse. An animated valet attendant came running from behind the desk and said that this was the right location. He then went out and took the car from my parents.

Not the best start.

We walked in and were pointed in the right direction and quickly realized that we were dining in a "bar" that we had visited many times before post events at BH. This certainly wasn't the dinner experience we were anticipating based on the photo in your FB advertisement. Upon entering the room, we were completely shocked. There was a single 2-top seated in the window and the remainder of the room was entirely empty and re-set. In other words, diners had long left, and the room had been entirely turned over. Why were we not able to get a reservation until 7:15 so that we could eat alone amongst annoyed staff waiting to leave for the night?? It was obvious we were the last of the day's reservations, staff was tired, and eager to leave. Perfect!

Cynthia was our server and was gracious. We can't say anything horrible about her as she was pleasant and reasonably attentive. I personally was thrilled to learn that an entire gluten free Thanksgiving entree was available - one plus of the evening. Although to be honest, I won't know for 2-3 days if everything was in fact gluten free as promised.

We all ordered Thanksgiving dinner. Huge mistake The salad was far too sweet with a thick, sweet dressing and a soggy marinated pear as the centerpiece.

The main course was honestly one of the worst meals I have ever had - and undoubtedly the worst Thanksgiving dinner ever - EVER. My mother had doubts about her meat and I quietly asked what it was - we both decided it was a pork chop as it was literally unidentifiable. Where was the turkey!?!?!?! That was turkey? It was disgusting. I've seen better turkey served while volunteering. The green bean casserole, the world's simplest culinary item to make was horrible. It was as if someone quick blanched green beans, leaving them reasonably el dante and poured a can of Lipton's Cream of Mushroom soup oder them and put them on our plate. Horrible.

Speaking of our plates. Who decided it was a good idea to schlep meals, uncovered, from the main kitchen in the former Sangamore's all the way through that dining room, through a public lobby, and then into the chophouse? If you're into lukewarm food, this is an excellent process.

One additional 2-top was seated after us. That's it. This made for a horribly awkward dining environment with restless employees buzzing around - vacuuming - right next to us during our meal.

I'm rambling and must stop. Honestly, I could go on and on and on. Eric(k) the valet was outstanding. That's the only positive I can offer. You literally ruined my family's Thanksgiving. The food was awful... the environment terrible and awkward... and the advertisement entirely misleading. Will we be back? Sure - for cocktails post boat show. But certainly never for any attempt at "fine dining". At $170 for a party of three, this was just absolutely terrible. I cannot say enough bad things about tonight's experience and there is no compensation in the world you can offer for ruining a holiday. We were all looking forward to visiting BH tonight for dinner. Sadly, we were all comparably disappointed.

1  Thank DetroitKathleen
Reviewed November 8, 2015 via mobile

We checked in late on our first day here, didn't want to go out and didn't expect this hotel wine bar to deliver. But it did! Crab cakes and lamb lollipops were generous given that they were billed as "starters" and delicious. Salads were nice and dessert was excellent. Didn't hurt that this time of year the hotel gave us a coupon for buy one appetizer, get one free. Very, very pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed November 5, 2015

Service was incredible. Server was timely, polite, friendly, and just simply on top of it! I had everything I needed at all times. He also gave great recommendations. Good menu with all kinds of options from appetizers to main courses to beer, wine, drinks, etc. Just the right amount of options to you're not paralyzed in making choices. Had something for everyone whether you have sophisticated taste buds or not. The food and drinks came out quickly. I had the meat and cheese plate and jumbo shrimp and made a meal out of those. Also had a Malbec which was delicious and a couple of the bottled ambers from Mt. Pleasant.
The ambiance is nice as well with views of the lake. Bar and table seating options with the bar having a TV for your favorite sporting events. Perfect dining experience. I'd recommend it to anyone whether you're with family, friends, colleagues, or flying solo.

Reviewed October 16, 2015

The food was excellent. My wife and I took advantage of the restaurants in petoskey week and decided this was a good choice. A little bit of a wait on the food but it was well worth it. We both ordered the butternut squash bisque and the stuffed pork-chop. Pumpkin mousse and maple ice cream for dessert. Excellent meal