All reviews living room sauna and steam room dining area juliet balcony small gym croissants great hotel ski equipment packed lunch off season buffet breakfast free of charge spa area summer fridge hill barcelona
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights in mid feb and was a lovely hotel. Bit out of town and up a winding road but views are up for that. We stayed on 3rd floor and had a double aspect view of back and front of hotel and that was an added bonus.
Suited are a good size. We had one bedroom and a camp bed in the lounge. There is a kitchenette but we didn't need to use it. You can use the fridge but if you cook its €10 per day. Bathroom was small but good and excellent shower.
Suited were spotless and cleaned everyday.
Staff were all lovely and so friendly and helpful.
Very useful shuttle bus to the ski lifts each day and back again. It does not run past 5.30 so you will either have to taxi back or walk (10-15 mins from town) we did both and just depends on weather and how tired you are?
Ski equipment lockers in the basement and ski boots room too.
We didnt have a car but would reccomend one if you stay here as you do need one. Breakfast was good and they offer pizza in the evenings too.
Spa was nice and we did use it a few times.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2018

I stayed a few nights in this beautifully located mountain hotel in Encamp, which is a lovely quiet area, away from the hustle and bustle of the main city Andorra de Ville. Facilities included a well-equipped in-room kitchenette, flying animals in the room, along with some semi-functioning fitness equipment in a corridor toward the back of the hotel.

The staff at the hotel were extremely kind and helpful, even at unsociable hours. One morning the owner made me a packed lunch as I left for a hike before breakfast was available. It was food, and I ate it.

Although the location of the hotel is beautiful, this does come with challenges. Upon leaving the hotel and following the official route that Google Maps suggested to go to Barcelona, I proceeded to turn right out of the hotel up the mountain... Always turn left.

I had never before considered what the angular driving limit of a 1.2 Litre Volkswagen Polo was. After 15 minutes of having a heart attack I got out to assess the damage, and the likelihood or proceeding further. When I started to hear the howls of psychotic Andorran mountain dogs in a nearby shed I thought it might be a good idea to take the next best suggested route to Barcelona. Thanks Google.

Travellers tip: Like most hotels in Andorra, the journey to the hotel can be quite lengthy. I would highly recommend to keep it this way... I stopped paying the fines from the Spanish police after the third ticket. (I have since hired cars in Spain without being tasered.)

4/5

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

The stay at this hotel was a great experience. It is a quiet location and still close to all attractions we wanted to see. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were impeccable. The staff was very courteous and friendly and the buffet breakfast was great. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in Andorra after a week in France !
What a place !
You have to visit!
The hotel we chose is a ski lodge!
No snow but rooms at a great price a suite for 52€!
Hot tub outside and jacuzzi and sauna in !
No restaurant as it's summer but the will do you a pizza!
Only down point was no aircon and it was hot! So had all the windows open so was a bit noisy!
But hey !
Visit
Tomorrow!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2017

This hotel is lovely. It looks a bit plain from outside - a modern building hugging the hill at Canillo with parking opposite but is more attractive as you get inside to a nicely decorated contemporary reception.

Our room was actually a mini suite basically the size of a one bed flat in London with a long wide hallway, living room with a dining area including a kitchenette (chargeable extra) behind cupboard doors, a stylish bathroom and separate bedroom with a Juliet balcony facing the street and mountain. The living room looked out to more mountains and a green pasture like area. There was free wifi in the room, which was appreciated as roaming on our mobiles to Andorra is charged at international rates.

The guy at reception was very pleasant and helpful (he even personally showed us to our room and took my suitcase up for me). Super service! The buffet breakfast included in our rate was very good quality and there was a wide choice. I really liked the croissants - almost as good as the one in France.

There's a small outside space leading to the spa area, with a couple iron tables and chairs where guests can chill out as well as seating scattered throughout the reception area if you felt so inclined.

Overall a well planned and maintained property which offers a very comfortable stay and value for money. Oh and we went at the end of August, when Andorra looked deserted. We had never been to such a quiet place, you could hear yourself breathe. Great place to get to know yourself and your loved ones.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple