See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Been to most of the eating places in La Massana , so thought we would try this Hotel , have to say the setting in the restaurant was very cosy , restaurant Manager most welcoming
I really should have looked closer at what I was ordering , my fault , Magret , love it , did not notice the " veg" turned out to be cooked fruit inc strawberry , apple and something else ; my wife had fish and loved it
Will try again next time we are in La Massana , you have to be a resident to use the spar , but if you dine well there i think they will loan you the key

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

It's a very friendly hotel, has a Spa where you can go with children, staff is very nice, the food is ecxelent, the restaurant is inside the hotel, you dodn't have to go ouside, it is a little bit old but it is a perfect place to go with kids. The cabin to go to ski is accross the road.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Cannot go wrong friendly staff and impeccable service
The hotel does not belong to a chain and the owner really cares about the establishment. I have stayed many times and used their bar and restaurant facilities umpteen times.
Five stars

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

Amusingly completely adverse to the last review, our feelings were the only saving grace was the hotels wifi!

Where do I start, well to put this into perspective this is an August and therefore off season review, off season assuming that primarily this is a ski resort hotel where it is obvious that many restaurants and hotels in the surrounding area are closed.

Hotel itself, a little tired but can't really complain about the decor in the communal areas, the room (we were 3rd floor at the front) fair standard although slightly cheap/tacky for even the off season price (104 Euro inc. breakfast), the bathroom I was disappointed with as it was looking very tired and certainly due a refresh.

However lets get to the point of the rating, never have I stayed in a hotel and had as bad a sleep as I had last night nor with food or service as bad as I ate last night. The room was extraordinarily warm with no means to moderate the room temperature (no AC) apart from opening the patio door which resulted in excessive noise from the streets below.

As regards the restaurant, the appearance of the restaurant was good but that's about as positive as I can be, after we were seated and given menus we were completely forgotten about for at least 10mins and yes if the restaurant was full I could understand this but not whe there was only 5 tables occupied?!? It was beyond me! Next the wine, as it was a,ready rather late, my partner and I ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and a glass of Rose, of which the Rose was actually quite nice, the Sauvignon Blanc however was completely undrinkable and tasted like paint stripper! The food (we ordered the set menu), starter was a variety of meat croquettes which sounded lovely but the reality was somewhat different, completely bland with one variety completely tasteless, the other the only flavour I could pick up was a very mild leek flavour. Away from the taste, the texture was also disappointing with little what could be described as meat and the main texture change in one being a piece of cartilage/gristle! Going onto the main course, in appearance very nice and not too pretentious, and the meat although slightly inconsistent was cooked perfectly. However... The cut of veal was appalling, with me having to be very selective about what I did and didn't eat, it should be noted here that my partner did have a much better cut of meat so,maybe I was just unlucky but it really shouldn't have been served to anyone. What accompanied the meat was however completely inedible, the potatoes must have been sitting for many many hours and to achieve just how salty these were, I would have guessed they were seasoned probably every hour on the hour?!?! The carrot and pea mix was so overpoweringly flavoured by garlic that it really was a pointless accompaniment. Closing my thoughts on the restaurant the serving staff obviously weren't trained and were obvious 'beginners' which yes you may have accepted in peak season when a hotel was struggling for staff but off season, especially with so few covers in an evening is not acceptable.

All in all, not impressed at all and I haven't even sat for breakfast yet!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a very nice non-fussy hotel. For an everyday good value hotel this is perfect. The food is nice and the restaurant service is quick. The location is good and there is free parking. The spa is well done. All is clean and well kept, though perhaps a bit tired in places.

The big BUT is that the wifi and internet service is awful. It is free but totally unreliable. Everyone gets very frustrated, someone even went across the road to the coffee shop and got their wifi password, as you can log on to it from the hotel bar!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business