All reviews town square included breakfast no elevator the location is perfect hot shower terrace room cable tv front desk staff plenty of hot water small hotel pool area nice pool bath towels room safe hand towels the ground floor fishing village
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel that is cheap and you plan only to sleep a fee nights it’s ok. But for more than a couple of days I would not recommend it. The hotel is very old, poorly taken care of, everything is old meaning the tables, beds, etc. We stayed for 11 days and COULD NEVER got into the sea because the seaweed was disgusting, not only that but one day they cleaned the beach (which is public) and still the sea was brown and looked very dirty. So the fact that we wanted a hotel with a beach front was bs cause the view wasn’t even pretty and the smell was the worse.
The only good thing about this hotel was the staff. They are super friendly, polite and helpful. They also have a place for parking.
The other thing is that the airconditioner in the room is right in front of the beds, which is so unhealthy, we woke up with sore throat everyday. Lastly, our room faced the pool, which is a terrible idea because of all the noise, everybody is at the vey small pool very early and very late.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Rooms were not ready at check-in time. Had to wait almost two hours for the room past the posted 15:00 standard check in time because they were not done cleaning the rooms. We had a large group of 12 so we had 4 rooms. Everyone had a diiferent problem. One room had a constant AC leak that wet all of their books including Grandma's bible. My room had a bathroom overflow due to the toilet leaking at the base of the commode. My television did not work, the screen would darken after a few minutes. Another person also had an A/C leak. No telephones in the room so you had to go to lobby with your problems. The staff was not rude, just indifferent. Not at all the service I have come to expect in Mexico.

Room Tip: The equipment needs to be updated. we should not have had so many problems.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Karla N
Reviewed July 23, 2018

This hotel was by far one of the worst places I have ever stayed. The hotel is conveniently situated right next to a fishing dock so the smell of the beach is terrible day and night. The photos of the beach are wildly inaccurate as the beach is not even swim-able from this hotel. There is too much crap in the water and on the beach to even enjoy it. The shower drizzled cold water that also stunk of fish. I opted to not shower because it made me feel even dirtier. The beds were rock hard, sort of like sleeping on a box spring alone with no mattress. The hotel does not provide any type of refund, and would not move us to another room, although I am not sure it would have helped with either of these issues. The only thing that this positive here is the staff, as they were just doing their job. The food was ok, but nothing special. We regrettably booked for 6 nights and ate the cost of the final three nights because of how terrible it actually was. We relocated and booked up north in the hotel district for a similar price and the experience was a complete 180.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel all-together
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed July 20, 2018

Avoid this hotel, it is not safe and it is pretty run down. Although most staff is friendly it does not make up for all the flaws, this is really a bad deal for your money. We Will deffinately reach out to as many AS posiible to let Them know they should avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Notice that the deluxe room with Balcon has absolutely No privacy
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 20, 2018

Hacienda Morelos sits right on the beachfront and a stones throw from the central park/plaza of this small town/village. The check in process was smooth and the entire staff , extremely helpful. The room was spacious with completely updated bathroom. Hot water always running with great pressure and great Air Conditioning. The window and small "step out" balcony in my room sufficed to enjoy the bliss of ocean waves crashing against the sand in the "backyard". For the price, Hacienda Morelos is beyond what can be expected. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was also of good quality. I found the service to be just as good. Regarding peoples comments about the presence of and smell of sea weed on the beach and the surrounding area, I advise them to remember that Nature is Nature and has little or nothing to do with reviewing a hotel, restaurant, or specific town. I will most definitely be returning to Hacienda Morelos .

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Inaser
Nuria C, Gerente at Hotel Hacienda Morelos, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure for us to have us. Hope to have you back with Us in a near future.