First of all, the resort is well kept, i is beautiful with a private beach and several swimming pools. The staff is great and most of them speaks little bit English (except in the Buffet Restaurant). Having said that, let me take you to the administrative side of this resort, where there is room for great improvement, and may need a new management team to enforce it.
Booked three months in advance with request fro a room close to the lobby on the main floor, and reminded of the request again a week before our arrival at the hotel - but we were given a room on the 3rd floor, farthest from the lobby, with no one to direct us, we climbed the steps, circled around various buildings and finally reached the room half hour later exhausted. No welcome drinks either. It took constant efforts to get a room close by, 24 hours after our arrival.
This wasn't a good start. To top it off, our room key cards were disabled twice, and had to walk all the way to the lobby to reprogram the card, again causing much inconvenience.
But the resort seems to be looking to cause more hardships to its guests. One afternoon, towards the end of February, the hotel management decided to shut off the power and the water supply for over 2 hours. We were not notified about this in advance.No lights and air conditioning in the room is one thing, but no flushing toilets? Many guests, especially women and children were greatly affected by this water shut down. This was the most stupid thing I ever heard from a resort catering to several hundred guests, to "celebrate the earth day". The whole pool area was virtually stinking and the public toilets were a mess to say the least.
A resort of this size should have trolleys to transport guests and their luggage. There are no working elevators according to the staff, and there seems to be no one there to fix the dead elevators. If the elevator is working and to go to room #5308, for example, walk to the end of a long bridge and locate the elevator in a corner, press the button p3 and get off at the 2nd floor and circle around the building until you reach your room. It is very confusing, and not recommended for people over 40 or young couple with children.
The resort also encourages 'class system', privilege class that is, for an additional fee. They get first seating in Restaurants and perhaps some champagne with dinner. Others must be satisfied with tail end seating and watered down local drinks. Don't ask for premium brands unless you are in a privilege class. You won't see see this in other resorts, especially in Dominican Republic or Jamaica where everyone is treated equal.
When you check in, you will get a piece of printed paper inviting you to go to the front desk to accept a gift package. You will save a lot of time and disappointment if you discard this paper immediately. Those who take this to claim the free gift would be in a great surprise, as they are walking into a time share trap, causing thousands$$ in return for nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico