We traveled April 5-12th with another couple. The distance from the airport was great, only about 35 min as well as the distance to Playa Del Carmen (which you MUST check out). When you first walk into the Lobby of the resort it was breath taking. The whole check in process went smoothly and the staff were all very welcoming. Our welcome coordinator, Anilu, was very kind and funny. Her goal in the end was to have us come to a breakfast where they promote upgrading to their privilege services. We chose to spend our time elsewhere, but maybe we should have so we could actually have better selection of alcohol. Joaquin the concierge was helpful and was always around if you needed him, very hard worker!
Our rooms were beautiful and in a good location. (4th floor 5404 and 5406)
Pools/Beach: They have 4 pools (kids, activity, pool bar, relaxation) Not sure if it was due to just the time we were there, but there were kids in the pool bar constantly. The swim up bar is one of our musts when we choose a resort and when we looked into this resort, it said that this was an adult pool, so that was a bit aggravating. (We got used to as we had no choice) The bartenders in the pool bar were not very attentive either. They pretty much stayed in one corner and you had to go to them. The other thing about the pools is if you want a chair...you seriously have to get up by no later than 6am. We have been to other resorts, and yes guests do this at all, but never to such an extreme! Every chair, at every pool AND beach, were taken. Not sure how they could control this, but they should do something! Also, the chairs are so close together you're sitting on top of the next person.
Besides those things....the set up of the pools was nice, water a good temp, beach was large with great sand.
Restaurants: we did the Sensai twice, Hibachi was very very good! Don't miss out on that. We did the al la carte the second and that was good as well. The Mexican was good and fun. Italian was another favorite! Our meals were amazing and our waiter Iriving was fabulous!! My husband and I went to the Villa Marina which was very good as well, while the other couple we were with had a private honeymoon dinner. They said it was fabulous food and they had their own waitstaff to make it a very special night. (He also surprised her with having them make up their room while they were at dinner with a bath and petals...beautiful!) We did not go to the French as the menu didn't appeal to any of us. We did the Score "sports bar" which we all agreed was horrible. The food and decor...not sure whats going on there. They have a smoothy bar at the pool which was yummy, refreshing and an awesome idea! The buffet always had plenty to choose from and always good! We didn't get bored with it at all.
Entertainment: They had activities and contests at the pool bar every day. We participated in the bartender challenge with Michelle and Leo. It was a fun time, but I did win and never received my certificate :( We only saw one show at night and it was not good in our opinion. The theatre is very small. They have entertainment/dancing at the pool bar at night which we did every night and was a good time!
Over all the resort as a whole is beautiful and well maintained. The staff was welcoming, fun and kind. Food and Rooms Great! We would definitely recommend this resort to other travelers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico