We a great stay at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa resort. We were there with our 9 & 10 year old boys.
The run down:
- As i saw it, the challenge with kids of this age at the all inclusives is that they tend to fall 'between' the two kids clubs (young kids and then teen age kids). our boys were too old to be entertained with the activities for the agre group that they actually fell into (pre-teen down to small kids). the resortlet them come into the teen club, which they enjoyed. they never even asked their ages. worked fine for us, as they aren't looking for so much of that anyway (planned activities).
- Food choices were good. plenty of restaurant choices & the food was good. the 24 hour 'sports bar' was a nice option as well.
- resort has 4 pools (one for privilege members, which we paid for...worth it), so there was plenty of diversity & variety
- shows were entertaining and the kids enjoyed them. set your expectations accordingly (this isn't vegas) and all is good. gives you something to do with them at 9:30pm
- restaurants were also good in our opinion. japanese steakhouse in particular was very good (& entertaining).
- pools are great. quiet if you want that, active if you are looking for that.
- we paid for the 'privilege' access. i don't think it is critical, but we were glad we had it (restaurant reservations, private pool, lounge with food, wifi, better alcohol, etc.)
- service was fine. this is not five star accommodations, so it is all about expectations. people were friendly and reasonably timely with requests (again, we had privilege access, not sure if this mattered)
- grounds were very well maintained. beautiful resort
- room was clean and comfortable. again, set your expectations, this is not the four seasons.
- resort was large, but certainly not overwhelming.
- never had a problem getting a chair at the pools & we never went out there prior to ~9:30a
- we actually did not spend much time at the beach. looked nice though. a little sea grass, but not a big deal
- lost one of our two hotel keys (standard plastic card key), charged us $5 upon checking out...really? for a plastic card key? annoying & unnecessary. bad customer service...why leave someone with that taste in their mouth at the end of a trip. they have already lost the $5 in 'value' by me writing about it.
- airport transportation was not arranged. they had our information, but had the transportation back to the airport arranged for the wrong day (next day). they could not do anything about it. said it was my job to have re-confirmed the transportation 24 hours before. would have been nice to know this. would be better to not put this on the guest...especially with the privilege access. poor service. we had to pay for a cab, after already 'paying for it' with our reservation option. again, something that they can solve. this should not be an issue. they are tripping on the easy stuff. after spending the $ we did, why not accommodate us with the $40 ride to the airport...now i'm having to write about it. missed opportunity.
Overall, very good 'all inclusive' trip with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico