just got back after a week there. resort is beautiful, with plush growth everywhere and beautiful pools. food was great, but maybe not enough choices for the kids. the help is very nice and appreciative of tips. after several days, it does get dull to go to the same buffet for breakfast every morning. but perhaps, there's nothing they can do about that.
however, for the negatives....after travelling all day to get there, the last thing we wanted was the "personal concierge" to push you to set up an appt with him to listen to a timeshare talk the following morning. we didn't do it, but he slipped something under our door a day or two later to remind us again. we ignored it until we ran into him a couple days later, at which point we said o.k. to his request to meet him the following morning for breakfast. so we did. it was supposed to be an hour and a half, but that was just breakfast and the property tour. THEN the presentation was about to start. we stormed out of the room.
pardon the digression. the room that we stayed in was very spartan. had a problem with tiny ants in the bathroom from day one. we called to have it sprayed and he came and sprayed, and i tipped him. but the ants came back. we called again but they never came. i asked my "personal concierge" to take care of it and either he did nothing or whomever he called did nothing.
we asked for a king size bed and a pullout couch so our boys could sleep on the couch and my wife and me and our little girl in between us on the king. instead we got the standard two twins and a pull-out couch. they said they couldn't accommodate us with the king but they'd send somebody over to put the two beds together. he asked me not to do it myself. so we went to dinner, came back, but nobody had ever showed so i did it myself.
also had a problem with the light. when it was off, it still blinked, so it was tuff to sleep. i asked the "ant" guy to take care of it. he called the handyman, who tried, but said he needed forty more minutes and asked if he should do it then or tomorrow. we said tomorrow. i tipped him. he never showed the next day.
the chambermaids were very nice but never stocked the room with enough towels and washcloths for five of us, no matter how many times i went up to them, asked for the right number, and tipped them.
the ocean was never blue, but at least on the first day it was clean. after that, there was little pieces of garbage floating in it. but the beach is the nicest in the area with the huts on it. yes, they use a tractor to remove the seaweed, but don't do a great job with it. not sure what's do difficult about doing it right. however, their beach is pristine compared to the vacant property to the left and right of OC&T. to the left and right, nobody cleans anything and there's bottles and seaweed -- how awful that nobody cares for it.
had a great time the first three days. bar and waitress service was great. however, from days four thru seven a tropical depression moved in (Ida?) and it rained. that's where it went downhill. there is very little to do 'cept go to the lobby and have the activity staff try to entertain you with trivia and one-hole miniature golf. that gets old real fast. very dangerous, too, in that there's SO much water it's easy to slip on the marble. the staff tries their best to mop it up but there's only so much they can do.
night life seemed to lack, too, but maybe i just never found where to go. plus, with kids, i didn't need to be out late anyway.
nice gym, by the way, with w8ts, tread mills, machines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico