“FANTASTIC - highly recommended, excellent!!”

Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here September 2011 for 10 nights. It was amazing!
I highly recommend getting a Junior Swim Up room, a little extra, but worth the money, You don't have to reserve a sun bed in the morning and the pool is right on your doorstep. Makes it much easier when you want to go into your room.

All inclusive is fantastic. The food is great and so are the drinks, you can ask for the branded spirits but the substitutes are just as great, we couldn't take the difference! Staff are great, always friendly and will always greet you when walking pass.

The rooms are amazingly clean, they are cleaned everyday and the beds are so big and comfy! Enough space to sleep separate from your partner if you have had an argument! :) Maids do a superb job and clean very well, they provide fresh towels everyday and separate staff come and stock up your fridge. 20 peso tip for the maids go a long way as its only around £1.20.

Food is great, lots of variety throughout the week and breakfast at Spoons is highly recommended. Again, very friendly service and some foods are cooked fresh. You have to book in advance for Le Chic, but if you don't get a booking, have no regrets, its not that nice!

I advise to do some excursions to spend sometime to explore the city. Mamora Beach is recommended, the hotel runs a free shuttle bus to here couple of times a week. It is a beautiful beach with white sand and lovely water, very hot, it is amazing! Also look at Xplor Tour, full of zip lines, swimming adventures, again, it is great! We also went to Chichen Itza, and we did the shopping trip run by the hotel, both highly recommended to see some of the city.

Only downsides to the hotel is that the air con is set quite high when you first get shown your room which causes condensation and water on the floor. In the evening it can get slightly cold but be sure to turn up the heating! The room service is quite slow, but worth the wait if you don't want to go out to the restaurants! The beach is a bit rocky and has lots of seaweed - stick to the pools!

All in all it is a great hotel and it is highly recommended!!
One last thing, there is a flat screen tv in your rooms with a DVD player, bring DVDs to watch on your nights in, we brought the Inbetweeners and it was great!! :)

Room Tip: Swim up rooms - best ones. Do not chose the premium as they don't face the sun
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sophie C
Write a ReviewReviews (9,721)

Reviewed 8 March 2012

There were a number of experiences that made me not want to return to Azul Sensatori, especially as there are so many other incredible allinclusives along the Riviera Maya. Below, are the top complaints we had.

On the first day we arrived, we went to our rooms unpacked and then headed to Mojetos Bar. The bartendars were extremely rude to us!

I paid for 3 days of internet access in my room (which is an extra $10 per day). Of those days, I only had access for a total of 1/2 hour and it was extremely slow. I felt like I was using dial up again!

Be aware that "all inclusive" at Azul Sensatori does not include bottles of wine and if you want one, it will cost you, at a minimum, $50 US. Also, you are only permitted 6 beers for room service a day!

One day, our room was not cleaned at all! We waited until 5pm and still no one showed. We had to finally call for it.

The beach is absolutely terrible! The reason I choose Mexico, is to be on the beach and in the ocean. What I found when I arrived, was a beach littered with garbage and seaweed. Moreover, the ocean was full of seaweed and you could not swim in it!

The service at the swim up bar in the family section was the worst we have ever experienced! We waited for 20 minutes (not kidding) to be served! The bartendar served all of the men that came up and the families, but would not serve the women who were by themselves. And this experience was not limited to us! The girls that were sitting next to us were not waited on either!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank TravelingSoul2
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The quality of the food is superb, the place is beautiful, the room is spacious, always clean and with room service including in the price but most importantly the staff is as good as the one at Disney's Resorts and that means maximum grade!!!!
I was so enchanted with the experience that I bought a timeshare there...so....if you want to go for a much affordable price, contact me at jinjoque2001@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Family rooms are much bigger and the location is not too noisy
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ceciliaalegria
Reviewed 7 March 2012

As far as all inclusive resorts go this one is top notch. It is smaller than the mega resorts, which was really nice as we were with a group and it was easy to find each other. It was also nice to be a 5 minute walk from everything.

The best part about the resort is the swim up rooms. My husband and I stayed in one for a week and it was well worth the little bit of extra cost. You are always guaranteed a chair, and it is so convenient to have your room right next to the pool. No need to pack a bag for the day or carry your stuff anywhere. Some posts mentioned a lack of privacy, but I didn't feel that way. The traffic walking right next to the room was limited to your neighbours and the room offers a set of blinds that doesn't hinder your view to the outside, but makes it difficult for people to see into the room. I felt the room was private enough.

The best part is the poolside waiter stops by regularly to fill your drinks! and with room service you never need to leave your room if you don't want to :)

The pool side rooms without jacuzzi are the best option in my opinion because the patio is in the sun all day. The jacuzzi rooms are in the shade for most of the day. Perhaps that is why they have jacuzzi's?

The restaurants are fabulous, and the food is amazing. The Caribbean restaurant has the most amazing burgers.

The service and staff is amazing. Everyone was very friendly and polite.

Other posts mention how awful the beach is, I would agree. The short strip of sand is quite nice, but the water is full of seaweed, is murky and the bottom is rocky. If you are beach people I would consider staying somewhere else. But the pools are beautiful and large, so if you are a pool person this resort will not disappoint you.

Overall we had a great experience. I would definitely recommend this resort and we are consideringgoing back.

Room Tip: Get a poolside room without jacuzzi. The outdoor jacuzzi rooms are in the shade most of the day, whi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kfindlay1979
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at this Hotel from the 9th - 23rd Feb 2012, we had a fantastic time and the only complaint is that the beach has a bit too much seaweed and is a tad untidy. However this aside the hotel is top draw, the staff are very polite, the rooms are really good. We stayed in the adult section and had a swim up room. sometimes the room maids make animals out of the towels and place them on your bed, EG Swans, Peacocks and even a Elephant, you may even find flower petals scatterd in the shape of a heart on your bed (if on a special occasion). the entertainment staff are really good at there job, Aldo & Ricardo very funny people there is even a guy on the entertainment team cant remember his name but he is from Hawii, funny guy. Letica the reception concierge is the best go's beyond her job description to help you (we have personal reason for thinking highly of her).

The mini bar and coffee and tea bags are re stocked (in your room) daily. You just gotta try this hotel.

EXCELLANT HONEYMOON,, GREAT HOLIDAY, TOP HOTEL & STAFF

Room Tip: If your travelling without kids, go, for a room in the adult section, if you can get a swimup room...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DELROYFRAZER
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We loved it. A "tapas" type restaurant with multiple small servings just bursting with incredible combinations of flavors. The presentations were just as interesting and imaginative. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. We went back for the "premium" meal and were given a kitchen table where we were able to watch the staff prepare the dishes. The head chef came by several times to explain the foods, how they are prepared, etc. very personable, very much a great dining "experience" (pardon the cliche).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkGL58
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed from feb 7 to feb 21 2012. We travelled with my son (21 months) myself and my husband and my parents and we had adjoining ground floor rooms in the family block.
The hotel provided a cot (we went through 3 options before we found one that suited us - they were very accomodating) - they have wooden cots with and without drop sides and also travel cots.
We took our own buggy although I'm aware that the hotel will provide one if you want one.
There were loads of high chairs and we never had to wait to use one. They didn't provide plastic plates but did have plastic mugs (not sippy cups) so I was glad we took some of our own cutlery.
The staff are amazing - particularly mario in spoons - when our soon was in full melt down and refusing to get in the high chair he brought a toy and showed him his little mario charm and calmed him down when we were struggling. My son asked for him every time we ate in spoons. The staff were very accommodating with our son generally and it was a relaxed holiday as a result.
We did find he pools a little cold but fine once you were in.
The food was generally good but we had a few average meals - staff took on board feedback and were exceptionally helpful with allergies and me being vegetarian - there was a much wider choice than id anticipated.
The beach is ok - they make huge efforts to remove the sea weed by the waters edge but it is a losing battle. I went in the sea once on a day where there was little seaweed. We knew this before we went. They do have a little playground on the beach which my son loved and a box of sand toys although it was a bit light on spades!
My son loved the stay and play sessions in the fisher price room and the fact that he could have a toy (from the concierge) in his room (no charge)
One issue the hotel should address is the old problem of people reserving sunbeds with towels and then not using them for hours - this was only a problem in our second week when the hotel was much busier.
There were lots of books to borrow for adults but I was glad we had taken some books for my son.
Location is a little isolated but again we knew this before we travelled.
We also had dinner at le chic - some people raved about it but I wasn't that bothered - they did do vegetarian options.
The fisher price breakfast was brilliant - my son loved it.

• Stayed: February 2012
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
#3 of 28 in Puerto Morelos
31.8 km away
Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen
Azul Beach Resort The Fives Play...
#59 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
9 km away
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
#1 of 28 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico? Share your experiences!