10,927 results
All reviews premium section mojito bar chique restaurant waves bar spoons restaurant the caribbean restaurant tapas la chique wine pairing adult section family section boot camp pool butlers thomson rep swim up room great holiday kids club
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reading other reviews for this place before coming over I got the impression the whole resort was overloaded with seaweed and I would be sleeping eating and breathing in the stuff. Don't take them reviews too seriously.

Yes there is seaweed along the beach but writing that it ruined your holiday or even complaining about it must be a kick in the teeth for the fellas who spend the whole day clearing it. If you stand and watch them for 15 minutes you can see they clear a load and then all that is coming in are islands of more seaweed. There really is nothing else they can do and being honest I've smelt worse after I've used the toilet so unless your s#!t smells of roses it's not that bad.

When you arrive you are greeted with a cold towel and a glass of wine and then checked in and taken to your room. The rooms are a little dated but honestly your room is there to sleep and shower in. It is equipped with everything you need, mini bar is stocked every day, maids do a brilliant job and everything you need is only a phone call away.

Restaurants and bars are perfect, some resorts I've been to you have to pay extra for premium drinks but here everything is included. Every meal I ate while here I would be happy paying for it as a meal out. Seen a few reviews saying the mexican isn't great but it really is. The house wine on offer is good enough so there really is no need to upgrade.

Then of course there is Le Chique if you like food and most people do go there.

Every member of staff will bend over backwards for you and some people do take advantage of this a bit too much (Don't click your fingers at staff.)

Too many staff to name but the three pool attendants Valentin, Luis and James looked after us every day they make sure your beds are sorted for you, offer you drinks throughout the day and nothing is too much for them. Just don t take the p#ss and be sure to tip.

Of course it's a tipping culture in Mexico and this resort is no different but the work the staff do is worth much more than I imagine they get paid. So tipping really doesn't bother you. We would tip the barman every 2 drinks a dollar and the pool guys 2 dollars in the morning and then a few throughout the day.

I could go on longer but just go and you will be very very happy with what you have spent your money on.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joshua B
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at Azul Beach Resort & TUI Sensatori Resort Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Joshua B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Trip advisor community.

I am very proud to know that our staff made your stay so pleasant, it is very pleasant to receive comments like yours, I assure you that I will let they know your thanks to each one of them

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not our first time in Mexico but our first at a Sensatori resort; it was good but had some disappointments.
THE GOOD: Rooms were beautiful; we had a swim-up room in the adult section and it was fantastic. Food in the a la carte restaurants was excellent; restaurant staff were mostly helpful and friendly with one notable exception (see below). Staff throughout the resort were fantastic; notably Blanca who served drinks at the adult pool bar, Guadalupe who kept our room sparkling clean and all of the bar staff in the Mojito. The resort itself was clean and well maintained, with staff continually working to keep it that way. The wifi was free throughout the resort and was incredibly fast.
THE BAD: Food in the Buffet restaurant (Spoon) was reasonably tasty but always cold. Not just tepid in some cases but actually cold. Plates were not kept warm so when you put tepid food on a cold plate the temperature didn't even last until you got to your seat. Comments to the sous chef resulted in an apology and a bottle of wine to the room, but made no difference to the food temperature. TIP: Use Zavaz for breakfast instead of Spoon; it may not be buffet but the food is hot. Beware of slipping; the tiles were very, very slippery all the time, but even worse when wet. During our (occasional) rainy days I felt unsafe leaving the room as I walk with a stick and the ground was treacherous. This also applies inside the room coming out of the swim up pool; we ended up laying a path of towels along the room to enable me to move around without falling over. The location of the resort is quite isolated; you can't walk anywhere, it's too far and you'd be walking through thick, marshy mangroves. As a result of that, there are a LOT of bugs. I was prepared for mosquitoes and used suitable repellent but our terrace (and everyone else's) seemed to be plagued with tiny flies that left horrendous bites on my partner, which resulted in an allergic reaction. The on-site medics were useless and tried to talk him into seeing a doctor, which would cost £130 just to call him out plus further cost for treatment. When he prevaricated, they tried to get him to sign a waiver saying he had refused medical treatment, when all he wanted to do was speak to the rep first! Our terrace was sprayed to get rid of the flies but (a) they left the dead flies there after they sprayed and (b) there were a hundred more the next day. The reps weren't helpful; they were friendly and polite if you wanted to book a trip but if you needed help they were notably absent. We had been warned there might be some building work going on, then told that it was behind schedule so would be in full swing when we were there. When we arrived the reps told us it had been rescheduled, but halfway through our holiday they started painting the block we were staying in! The smell of paint was horrendous and permeated throughout the room, making us feel quite ill at times.
THE UGLY: One member of staff in the Italian restaurant, Siena, continually asked us to mention his name on Trip Advisor so he could be 'paid more'. Sorry, his service wasn't good enough to warrant a mention and the fact that he pushed us guaranteed he wouldn't get it. The hotel gets much busier (and therefore rowdier) at the weekend; didn't bother us but some rooms closer to the adult pool probably had some trouble with noise. The entertainment was hit-and-miss, but there is a real push to put your hand in your pocket for a lot of stuff, despite being an all-inclusive resort. We tried to book our free visit to Le Chique but were put on to a waiting list; however if we were prepared to pay £90 per head for it we would be guaranteed a seat. Similarly they had a Moet day advertised but when we asked about it they wanted £60 per head! No thanks, we'll stick to drinking Bellinis made with cheap champagne; who can tell the difference anyway?

All in all it was a nice holiday but I would't hurry back and I probably wouldn't pay the additional cost for Sensatori as in my opinion it's just not worth paying extra for. We do love the Mexican people, they are the most friendly and pleasant people you could ever hope to meet, but if we go back to this part of the world it won't be to the Sensatori.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are amazing but be warned; people do not respect your space and quite often walk across your terrace to get to their own.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mizliz_uk

Dear mizliz_uk,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences with future travelers, I enjoyed reading your feedback and I'm happy you had a fantastic vacation at the Azul Beach Resort Riviera Cancun.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed from the beginning to the end.

Thank you very much for the special mention to the staff they are a very important part of the experience.

Thank you for your feedback which we will use constructively in order to improve our facilities and services.

Again, thank you for choosing the Resort Sensatori Mexico. for this vacation and we hope to share many more in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We returned from two weeks here on 21st September. We had an amazing time at this hotel to celebrate out 10 year anniversary.
We arrived to a glass of fizz and a cool towel, and a welcome from our concierge. We were staying in a Premium swim up room, which was worth every penny extra. The room itself was spotless, and Guadalupp does an incredible job cleaning the room every day, she was friendly, and smiley, and amazing at her job. The outdoor jacuzzi was brilliant for reading in with a cocktail. The bed was huge, and very comfortable.
The food on site was top class, we tried every restaurant apart from Le Chique, the only reason being we kept forgetting to queue up at 3pm each day to try and get in, but we were not too bothered, as the food in the other eateries was superb. Our favourite being Sienna (the Italian), but all were of top standard. A special mention to Jesus in Zocalo (The Mexican), who always put extra effort in to make people feel welcome. We enjoyed the Canelo fight in their on Mexican Independence day with some craft Mexican beers, what a great night.
With regards to the beach, yes there is seaweed, but the smell is not overpowering like some suggest, and to complain about it as if it is the fault of either the Hotel or TUI I think is an insult to the hard working army of people working throughout the day to try and clear this. One night, they had managed, and we were able to enjoy a paddle in the Caribbean sea. It was lovely. The sunrises over the beach were spectacular, recommend to do this the first few days whilst your body and mind is still on GMT.
We enjoyed cocktails at all the bars of an evening, each night was like a very pleasant pub crawl, usually ending with a refreshing Bramble at the Waves bar, which tasted just like Ribena.
This was our first all inclusive, and isn't something I would wish to do every year, but great for a special occasion. The days we went out on trips, I was happy to be spreading my wings away from the resort, and we did the TUI trips to Sian Ka'an Biosphere and Coba Maya to climb the temple. Both trips were out of this world, and I will review these separately.
Just to add here that to see the dolphins in their natural habitat was incredible. I don't meant to get on my soap box, but I was reading since returning that Mexico are closer than most countries to banning dolphins and such animals from being in water parks, and I hope TUI sometime soon decide to stop offering that as a trip.
Thoughts on Mexico. The people are lovely, some of the nicest I have met, hard working, friendly, and genuine. I spoke to a few about their home lives, and they were happy to speak about, and it was interesting. They all said they loved their jobs. Mexico also seems to be way ahead of us in the UK when it comes to environmental issues, even touched like replacing the plastic straws with bio degradable ones. I heard people complaining about the lack of straws whilst the transition was taking place, how sad.
Would I return here? Yes I would, great food, great drink, great room, amazing people.

Room Tip: If you can, choose premium swim up
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Glees5150

Dear Glees5150,

Thank you so much for rating us with the 5 stars award and for taking the time to write such a nice review of your experience at our premises.

It feels really good to acknowledge, through your words, that all our efforts to achieve our guests’ satisfaction have been worth it.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Cancun by Karisma, your Mexican Home.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I loved the staff, the food, the room. Everything was great. I will definitely be back to visit. Me and my wife really relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was very nice and made us feel welcomed. Thanks.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear nicrich54,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Chose Mexico for our Summer Holiday , and we weren't disappointed , The hotel was first class with many excellent restaurants (Our favourite was the Italian) other than the Le Chique fine dining restaurant Breakfasts were excellent and started the day off well Room was fantastic - very spacious and our view was over the Wave swim up bar.Waiters and housekeeping staff were always friendly and always had a "Good Morning / afternoon " greeting whenever you passed themThe reception area was nice (but just watch whenever leaving the centre as we encountered a few people missing the step)The Mojito bar (This is the main bar) was excellent and had a wide and varied selection of Mojitos - Think I had sampled most of them before departure (lol) - Good thing is that all drinks are premium brand If you wish to go to Cancun for shopping if possibly try and share a taxi (720 pesos each way) apx £60 - good thing is that the driver will wait up to 4 hours for you)Suggestion to the hotel - Possible Mini bus twice a day to one drop off in Cancun) ??Don't let the seaweed problem put you off as the workers work tirelessly each day moving it

Room Tip: Although we were on the first floor in the adult area the higher floor looked better for the sun
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple