Having read some mediocre reviews before going, my expectations were a little low. I travelled with my two sisters and we had a fantastic chilled-out time. The rooms were perfect (and we were not in the preferred rooms). We had two interconnecting bedrooms, very spacious, overlooking the pool and with a good view of the sea. Beds were very comfortable - never to be taken for granted in hotels, I find. Bathrooms very large and well-equipped.
The food was a pleasant surprise because I normally get fed-up with all-inclusive after 2 or 3 days, especially the self-service. What we liked was that there were 7 restaurants to choose from and 6 out of the 7 were waiter service. We ranked the 5 evening restaurants in the following order of preference: Mercure, Asian and Capers, Cin Cin, Tamarindo. Only bad meal was in Tamarindo and we had a Fawlty Towers moment in Cin Cin which was funny! Carnival and Castaways were quite good for breakfast/lunch.
Service was generally very good and friendly, but I would agree with some other reviewers that they could sometimes be slow in bringing a drink, or milk, or whatever extra was required.
We used the beach rather than the pool most days and there was never a problem getting a sunbed even though the resort was full. The water was beautiful and even though it was a little rocky, it was not difficult to get in and out of the sea.
The location is a bit out of the way, but it suited us fine as we just wanted to relax. We did pay a trip to Playa del Carmen once though - taxi US$45 each way - although you could pay in pesos and it would work out much cheaper.
Strangely enough, the only time we got mosquito bites was when we went to Playa del Carmen. We had been lulled into a false sense of security. I don't know why, but we never got bitten in the resort - maybe proximiity to the sea?
Overall, a great holiday and I would recommend Now Jade Riviera :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico