We just returned from a 5 day, 4 night stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun.
Pros- The overall cleanliness and decor of the resort was pristine. The food was typical all-inclusive fare with some different choices that were pretty tasty. The lowest category room was beautiful. The beach was okay but a lot of seaweed that it seemed they tried to clean with a big truck sweeper but it did not work. The staff was overall nice.
Cons- Well i think the biggest disappointment for us was the stealing that went on. We were a group of 30 people and they stole 1 of our family member's sweatshirts out of his room. The only reason we caught it was because another family member saw a staff person walking across the resort with the sweatshirt in his hand she remembered being another family member's...So she immediately went to the pool to tell him and he went back to the room and sure enough it was gone. He called down and they said they would look around. A day and 1/2 later they showed up with the sweatshirt apologizing that it was stolen. Then my husband had a silly hat that he was wearing around the resort (the mexicans were asking to buy it from him because they liked it so much) and the day of the wedding the wedding planner took all the shoes and hats of the wedding party and said she was going to put them down on the beach. Well, after the ceremony my husband looks for his flip flops and hat- the flip flops were there but no hat in sight. He called the front desk and the wedding planner returned and said yes someone stole it but she would try and get it... about an hour later it turned up and she said they thought it belonged to the activities crew. Later in the evening of the night of the wedding when it was dark- my aunt had to use the restroom near the pool- but it was kind of dark because the pool was closed. My aunt walked down and her husband just coincidently had to go to the bathroom (luckily) so he followed down shortly and as he walked down the stairs to the bathroom he caught a male mexican worker following her into the restroom!!! He turned and saw my uncle walking down the steps and quickly turned around and walked away fastly. SCARY!!!!!!
Then we started getting nervous about the security of the resort and our personal belongings so we kept the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door all day figuring we did not need them to clean since we are barely in the room.. Well everyday we would come up from the pool and find they went in and cleaned anyhow and moved our personal belongings around! And took the do not disturb sign and put it back inside the door!
The service was EXTREMELY slow. I mean i know we are on vacation but it took forever to get a meal... and the wait to get into the restaurants was sometimes 2 hours +
A few members of the family were sick. Not sure what it was from but they were violently ill...
So, if you go to this resort please be on alert! For your own safety and the safety of your belongings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico