We stayed at Casitas Kinsol for the first two and last night of our three week trip around the Yucatan and Cuba. Christine and Alain are both lovely, welcoming hosts and make it feel like a home away from home. The layout is gorgeous and the rooms have lots of little touches which make them unique. Alain was great at recommending things to do - we went to the Botanical Garden which was lovely and within easy walking distance. Alain also got us a great deal snorkelling, which was amazing and highly recommended! We loved the location of Casitas Kinsol as it really does feel like real Mexico and the locals are really friendly. We ate at the fish restaurant recommended by Christine and Alain at the end of the main street which was really brilliant - my boyfriend's favorite meal of our whole trip! We also ate at Las Micheladas - the lovely little bar on the highway which makes the famous Mangoritas, and at Maria's over the road from Casitas Kinsol, which is a little cafe run by a lovely Mayan family serving really authentic Yucatan dishes (and is very very cheap). The food in this bit of the town started the trend we discovered all over the Yucatan - the local places are much cheaper and often serve much better food than the touristy places, so long as you don't mind eating at a plastic table amongst the locals you will find the best food in these spots!
Oh and one last tip - the fruit and veg shop on the corner does gorgeous fresh fruit juices and fruit platters with chilli salt which was amazing for breakfast.
Thanks Alain and Christine for the warm welcome and farewell to the Yucatan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casitas Kinsol is a Guest House with 8 rooms for rent in Puerto Morelos, on the Mayan Riviera, 25 minutes South of the airport international of Cancun and 4 blocks from the main bus stop in town. It resides in the heart of the “Colonia” of Puerto Morelos conveniently located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen and only 2.5 miles to the beach. Surrounded by many eateries, grocery stands and stores, it offers 8 romantic rooms and bungalows: 4 with kitchenettes and 4 without. All the rooms have basic amenities at low prices for double occupancy. The rooms come with private baths, hot showers, air fans and a unique décor designed by the owners. Most of them come with WI-FI. Room #1:The Master Room is (as well as the room 8) an authentic Mayan hut where Mayan people used to leave until the early 1990's. It has been converted to a large room with its private bathroom. The thatched roof was replaced by a stucco one with two skylights. Two small windows were added to bring some more light to the room. It has cement floor and tiles in the large bathroom. It is a very large standalone, ground floor, hut style bungalow, complete with a full-size (double) bed and one twin-size (single) bed, so it will accommodate 3 persons. Private bathroom and kitchenette. It offers a refrigerator and two burner stove-top but no ovens or microwave. No microwave or standard ovens, no dishwasher either. This room has a front door allowing you to exit onto the boulevard without having to go through the grounds but also a backdoor giving you access to the gardens and relaxation areas as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Casitas Kinsol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casitas Kinsol Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Casitas Kinsol Riviera Maya, Mexico