“Amazing Staff & Kid Review”

Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Olympia, WA
“Amazing Staff & Kid Review”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I wanted to give a shout out to the amazing staff at NOW Sapphire! My family was there for a week in February & I taught yoga classes. Freddie, the entertainment manager was so accommodating, helpful & laid back. We really enjoyed all the entertainment staff & they were so friendly & fun for our little kids!

We took our kids ages two & five & they had the best time! What was great for kids: The bathrooms are big enough to slide the crib in & shut the door if you need your little one to have their own space, we brought a small fan to put in the bathroom for nap time because it is loud when other people shut the doors to their hotel rooms, room service 24/7, buffet to pick whatever your kids like, drinks by the pool & beach delivered all day long, the kids club had sand toys that they let us borrow, family friendly entertainment shows every evening, small coffee cafe in the lobby for sandwiches & snacks in the afternoon, I didn't bring sippy cups but would next time since they don't have cups with lids for kids

Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kendra M
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Sir /Madam,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. It is always pleasing to receive positive comments. We share the feedback with the operations staff. They will be glad to know they were able to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Social Media

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,332)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The last time I was in Cancun, 25 years ago, I got very ill. I was not looking forward to returning to the area but the family was insistent we go for a vacation before my daughter gave birth to her son. We all (8 of us) had a great time. Food was great, especially breakfast. Specialty restaurants were not exceptional but v good; very similar to cruise restaurants. Pool bar was fun with energetic staff to serve you. Beach and pool chairs were plentiful. Lobby at night was great for a happy hour drink before dinner. Beach was pristine. The entire resort was well cared for. Staff was terrific at every turn from front desk to bellmen to waiters to bartenders to room staff. This is not an over the top resort but terrific in every way. We would return without hesitation. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to read that your experience with our staff and service were excellent. They will be so pleased to know they were able to assist you.

We greatly appreciate your visit and we hope to be able to serve you again.

Guadalajara
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Now Sapphire is an awesome place, very different from the monster hotels with dozens of floor in Cancun. Me and my wife had a wonderful time, the food is great, room service 24/7 with great food.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pietro S
DearSir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your gracious comments on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know you had a wonderful time with us.

We hope to welcome you again for your first wedding anniversary.

Monument
Reviewed 26 April 2012

After enjoying a very pleasant stay, my wife discovered ,when we arrived back home in Colorado, that she had left her leather jacket behind in our room. In contacting our travel agent, we were very pleased to receive the news ,within 2 hrs of notifying the hotel, that the jacket had been recovered. Perfect ending to a perfect stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dick W
, Social Media at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. We will share your comments with the operations staff. We are happy to know you had a very pleasant stay.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed at the Now Sapphire in March 2012. The resort exceeded my expectations for the cost. The staff at this resort are the real winners. The staff at the Now Sapphire were the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever encountered on any trip I have taken. Search out Irene in the Lobby Bar and you will have a great night of great service and plenty of laughs. The food at this resort is very good and the no reservation/no limit policy is an outstanding concept. The resort is relatively small compared to some other resorts but the pool area is huge and service, again, is fantastic there. Our room was very well appointed and clean. I can not say enough good things, and will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank D T
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was my fourth all inclusive vacation (2nd to Riviera Maya), and based on my research, it ended up not meeting my expectations. I am comparing this resort to Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana, because it was my last trip, and the resorts are owned by the same company. Supposedly, 'unlimited luxury' is uniform throughout all of the Amstar resorts. I will break down my experience, and exclude travel, weather, and any other factor I feel the resort could not control.

Check in: Thursday, April 12th, noon. An absolute breeze. Staff were efficient, friendly, and eager to please. The fruity drink and cool face cloth was an expected welcome. Porter took us to our room, he was efficient, and explained what we needed to know. Although he did not wait for a tip, we tipped. First impressions are important.

Room: 800 building, 3rd floor, 2 double beds. I requested this on booking, and received without double checking. Very impressed with that. No complaints with the room. It was updated and clean. What more could you ask for at a busy resort. House keeping was immaculate. Mini bar was re-stocked daily. Personal items were never touched, even when left out by accident.

Grounds: incredibly clean, well manicured, obviously cared for. Unfortunately, the resort did not offer a garden tour by entertainment staff. A guided tour of the natural habitat would have been a wonderful treat (Dreams did that daily).

Entertainment: just okay. The crew didn't venture far from their pool-side location. Energy levels were so-so. No attmepts were made to 'bond' with the visitors, at least not us, and we were pool side daily. Once again, comparing to Dreams, where entertainment staff went out of their way to befriend you, and make you feel welcome. Evening shows were a bit of a let down. Tried to watch a few, but couldn't justify the waste of time. Too bad, the theater was well laid out. Evening entertainment in the lobby area was fantastic. Unfortunately, there are shallow, decorative pools in the lobby area, and there are no barriers around these water features. Too easy to slip into one of these water features, as one guest did, quite a potential safety risk.

Food: a very big let down. On one occasion, I sent my a-al-carte chicken dinner back to the kitchen because the meat was pink in the center. That was the last I saw of the plate. Buffet was okay for breakfast, okay for lunch, horrible for dinner. There was nothing to be found as far as authentic Mexican food was concerned. I actually got very sick after eating (a very small portion of my dinner) at the Mexican a-la-carte. 4 days of unrelenting stomach issues was not very pleasant to deal with. In comparison, Dreams blew this place out of the water. Now Sapphire should consider an Italian alternative. Our last evening was at the French a-la-carte, and it was wonderful. Also, must mention, the house wine was wonderful! No need to purchase off the wine menu.

Beach: gorgeous beach. Very clean, well maintained. Winds were high during my visit so water sports were cancelled. No fault of the resort. We walked to Puerto Morelas, big walk, but a fun walk. I would recommend it. The resort offers a daily bike ride into town if you choose to do that.

Pool: we hung around the main pool. That's the place to be if you want to mingle and meet people. Age groups varied from young to old. Everyone was pleasant and approachable. Bartenders were amazing .. big shout out to Luis!! You are the MAN!! Once again, a few tips here and there will go a long way. Think twice about doing shots at the swim up bar. They recycle the shot glasses .. yuck!! I hope the alcohol killed all the germs I was ingesting. At the time, it didn't seem to matter. Also, wasps were a bit of an issue around the swim up bar. No fault of the resort, but a need to know, especially if you have an allergy.

Overall: I expected more from this resort, in terms of quality. Quality of food, quality of entertainment, and overall quality of feeling like I was a valued guest. The staff that I did meet, went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome, but it felt a bit disjointed. I was there, on vacation, but it didn't feel like home. And, when I stayed at Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana, I felt like I was staying at my second home. Perhaps culture plays a part, perhaps staff training, perhaps age of resort with Amstar. Would I return to Now Sapphire .. no. Would I return to Dreams Palm Beach .. yes. Actually, I would likely choose a Dreams over a Now resort, in a heartbeat, based on this past experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank sharon z
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank your for sharing your experience with us through Tripadvisor. We appreciate a lot you took the time to write about your experience. We share all our customer reviews with our staff to improve our service and quality.

All the suggestions are addressed to the involved departments. Thank you for your good comments about Luis, he will be glad to know he was able to assist you.

We sincerely regret we did not fulfill your expectations and we woud like to have another opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Social media
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed at the the Now Sapphire with my fiance, my brother and my sister-in-law in February 2011. We had such a wonderful trip that my fiance and I are going back tomorrow, this time to the Now Jade. This will be our third time staying at a resort on the Riviera Maya and our fourth stay at an AmResorts hotel. Every trip has been an absolute dream. I honestly have no idea who these people are that post such negative reviews about these resorts. I couldn't have found something wrong with my stay if I tried. If you are that hard to please, you won't be happy anywhere - even in paradise.

As for our trip to the Now Sapphire, everything was wonderful. My fiance proposed to me on that trip and it was picture perfect. He scheduled a romantic candlelit dinner for two on the beach to pop the question. We were the only ones on the beach that night. The table was beautifully set with rose petals and candles right next to the water. It was breath-taking. Our waiter was attentive without hovering or intruding on your special moment. The food and champagne were wonderful. It was seriously a moment out of a fairy tale. Guys, if you are looking for a romantic surprise for your lady, I'd highly recommend looking into this during your stay. It's every girl's dream!

As for the rest of our stay, the pools and beach were beautiful. The food was great and the staff was friendly. The only complaint any of us had was that the large pool was a touch cold, but it was nothing that a few margaritas at the swim-up bar couldn't fix! Overall, it was a fantastic trip. I'd recommend this resort to anyone looking for a serene, luxurious vacation!

Room Tip: We aren't picky about rooms because we only go there to crash. The tropical view room we had was...