Hello fellow travellers!
We are seasoned travellers from Canada who enjoy travelling three to four times per year to Carribean destinations/resorts of 4 stars or better.
We liked Now Sapphire - as it has a quaint charm, nice layout with water features galore, and staff are friendly and attentive to guests needs.
Although we very much enjoyed our 2 week stay at Now Sapphire, it is at best - a 4 star accommodation. Some areas are looking a little tired and run down.
The weather was extremely good - 14 days of 30+ temperatures and sunshine - no rain. In addition, it seemed like we had 8 beautiful evenings of full or partially full moons in a row.
What we liked:
Resort Layout has old world charm with several water features which give great ambiance
Close proximity to ocean (much closer than newer resorts)
Smaller 3 storey units make it feel - less crowded
No 'day in advance' restaurant reservations required
CoCo sweet and coffee bar
Laid back atmosphere - very relaxing
Great staff - good service (especially Ivan at the Preferred Beach Area)
Comfortable sofas in lounge area
The shower water pressure was good and the shower tiling and decor was top notch
The bed and pillows were soft and comfortable
Good AC in room
Rooms were clean and well appointed - nice terrazzo on floors and mahogany wood doors and trim
The Oceanfront Balcony with Jacuzzi was Great - especially on full moon nights (highly recommend upgrading to Oceanfront)
Room service with full dinner ensuite delivery - came in handy
Preferred pool area was a quiet oasis. Day beds and lounge cushions were soft and comfortble.
Spa water features, steam room and sauna were nice
Free watersports with preferred - Hobie Cats were well maintained
We did not have bouts with Montezuma's revenge
What we did not like:
No A/C in main dining room, lobby or lounge (Paramour and Cibu Restuarants had AC)
All Pools need a makeover
Walkways need upgrading
Exposed electrical conduit at lighting on site grounds
Gardens were dry and dying with little maintenance (this is likely due to the 14+ days of 30 degree temperatures in a row!!)
Lots of Kelp at beach with tractor pick up 4 times daily
Irrigating lawns with treated sewage water - foul smell ****
Loud motorized carts with no exhaust
Many Infants and Children (another reason to upgrade to the adults only Preferred Pool Area)
Very little english TV
Too many weddings (every night 2 or 3 large groups at area near Blue Water Grill - many had PA speaker systems and music)
Restaurants not great and too few
Time share presentation 30k for 2 weeks per year no maintenance fees - 4 hour WASTE OF TIME
Masssages at SPAP were poor
Non-enclosed toilet layout did not bother us - fan ventilation was good
Highly recommend upgrading to Preferred.
After 10 days buffet gets a little boring (but this is a very common issue everywhere)
Main entrance drive up needs makeover
All in all,
A great vacation for $1100 per week per person - how can you beat that?
We would recommend this resort to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico