“Great vacation with a 2 and 4 year old!”

Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto
“Great vacation with a 2 and 4 year old!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We had a wonderful time at Azul Beach Resort. This resort really caters to families especially small children. The size was great- only 98 room in 2 story villas which had a very intimate feel. Everything was close which was great for mobility. We actually got upgraded to a Family Junior suite which was beautiful but the regular junior suite would have been just as nice for us. The deluxe is decent aswell but a little small for a family of four.

The food was delicious, always a ton of options and better than most all inclusives. It is all al la carte so was a little chalenging with little ones at dinner. But the good thing is -- most familys have the same issue so if your kid is having a slight temper tantrum in the resturant- you dont feel awkward nor do you get the "looks"! Our favorite was thte Latin Resturant but all were very good. I didnt really like the Tainan but I dont really like asian food in general. Due to the fact its a la carte except the BLUE resturant which has some buffet options. The CHIL wasa great for grilled lunches. The food was amazing for a resort. I felt the choices for kids were a little limited.

Beach was small but perfect for small children. You do need to line up by 2:30pm to reserve a beach bed which filled up fast but perfect for napping on the beach. The Cabana boys were great aswel as the waitressess. The weather when we were there wasnt great- the beach was very windy but apparently the weather was off that week. The wind blew alot of seaweed on the beach but the guys worked hard to clean it every day. It didnt really bother us at all.

The pools especailly the little kids pool was great. Its 2 feet deep and really relaxing.

I used the Vassa Spa for a Tropical Wrap and Massage and it was beautiful. Nothing like getting a massage overlooking the ocean.

My kids liked the kids club- but my 4 year old didnt want to stay and I couldnt leave my 2 year old in there without one of us which was fine. You can get babsitting for $15/hour or $30/hour at night if you wanted. We didnt as we wanted to spend as much time with the kiddies as possible. I think they would have had a blast once they are a little older. They did participate in some activities with our supervision. They had a great puppet show one day and a pinata party at night.

We didnt make it to any shows at all. The resort is very quiet by 10pm. Its great because you dont get the "drunken riff-raff" at the usual all inclusives that sit at the pool bar all day with thier insulated cups, which is a nice change. The drinks were always great! i loved the mojiotos. There is a smoothie bar aswell which we loved.

OVerall this was a great resort!

Room Tip: Junior or Family suite is ideal for Families of 4 or more
9 Thank TLCR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Polish first
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2012

In October 2010 after about six years of dating, my fiancé and I started planning our destination wedding. We have a 3 year old daughter, so when looking for all-inclusive resorts to host our wedding at we noticed that not many resorts are “children friendly”. While working with the destinationweddings.com team, I came across this resort & was very impressed with what I saw. Of course coming from working in the hospitality industry for over 10 years and running a hotel for three of them, I really like to do research on places to visit (especially since this would be our wedding location). To make a long story short, my expectations were very much exceeded upon arrival. The resort is beautiful and the staff is beyond any that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. We has also the pleasure of working with Janet & Angelica (Wedding Coordinators on site; and Elizabeth which is the wedding coordinator off site). They were all the best and took care of everything (the bouquets & flowers were way better than I could have wished for)! They were all so nice and professional & eased any “wedding day stress” that most brides experience on their special day. Our ceremony was on the beach, but due to high winds the day of our wedding; we were advised maybe to move our reception to the ballroom. The ballroom was beautiful! Most resorts would not have even offered to move the reception due to the winds and just had our guests deal with it, but the fact that they went over and above to recommend it prior to the start of the wedding to make sure that everyone had a wonderful time shows that they really do care that you have a perfect wedding. We had about 30 people come down to the resort with us. In regards to the rooming situation (prior to some comments on here) ALL the rooms are gorgeous! From the deluxe suites (which most of our guests stayed in) to the junior suites (that we stayed in) every room had its own “special” quality about it. I never saw a room that I didn’t like or would not stay in. The Kids Club is wonderful & the nightly entertainment (which is my only regret) is that I booked my wedding on a Saturday and I am a big fan of Michael Jackson and the Saturday entertainment is a Michael Jackson performance which I heard was beyond awesome…don’t worry after my reception I made it to the show in time to get a picture taken with the cast!  I could probably write a book about this resort but to end this review, this resort is perfect to either have your wedding at or take a vacation with or without your kids (which we did travel with most couples that do not have children yet but could not tell or were not bothered by the children there). If you are looking for a place to have a “once in a lifetime” vacation and/or wedding at then the Azul Beach Resort is the place. The villas make it seem more special and not so much “Cancun style hotels” & the staff is even better than imagined! Thank you for making our wedding & our family and friends vacation one that they will never forget…we will ALL be back to visit soon! Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts!
–Heft Family Wedding & Vacation March 2012-

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HeftFamily
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Instead of staying in one of the mega high rise hotels or ones with elevators and lines this is the best choice. A chic boutique is an accurate description. Wow! Service was top notch period end of story. We stayed in the newer family suites and truly the nicest room we have ever stayed in and we have traveled nicely in the past. Beach is small but there is a part of the beautiful aqua color and sand is soft.

Resort seems carribean like in terms of relaxation focussed and high end. The one buffet restaurant Blue was delicious and gourmet. Oscar at villa 9 pool bar was awesome and he has quite the fan club. Francisco at the front desk always with a smile and eager to help. Visit Maria at the conceire with any questions she is wonderful.

Truly cant say enough nice comments about the tranquility, quality, beauty and service of this resort. If you are looking for a high end resort that is family friendy yet a posh and luxiourious feel you should visit Azul.

Denver
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is a gorgeous, albeit pricey, resort. Beautifully designed.
It caters to families and children, but as a single adult staying there on business I actually didn't find the child atmosphere as intrusive or overwhelming as I anticipated. It was a pretty easy mix. As I mentioned, I was here on business so had no choice, but if one is solely looking for an adult vacation, I might recommend trying one of the other Karisma resorts (which I have not tried.)
The food is quite exquisite, if ordering for special events. I can't really speak to the food available to the general public because all of our meals were through catered, special events. However, I did have one salad at Blue Restaurant, and a meal at Tainan that were both delicous and top-notch.
Try to get a room with an ocean view, if possible.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new wing are REALLY wonderful! Gorgeous, classy, well-appointed. Try to get a r...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LLALWLYB
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Our family of four has just returned from staying at the Azul Beach Family Suite located in building 9. Our children our ages 3 and 6. We decided on the family balcony suite instead of the the swim up because we had read reviews that the views are better. Our balcony had zero sea views, but nice views of the Bubble pool and bar. The room itself is very pretty, especially the bathroom. The jetted tub and rain shower are amazing. The king bed room has sliding doors for privacy but the open aired section of the top of the walls makes it hard for any privacy really. It would be nice to be able to completely close off sound and light so some of the family could sleep while others were up, this was impossible. The wall connecting the bath and bedroom is open, therefore very noisy and bright when someone is using the bathroom. The beds are very comfortable and the housekeeping makes your room look as good as new each day.

The grounds of the resort are beautiful. I like the thatched roof bars and cabanas and the complex is attractive with wood canopy overhangs and columns. We walked to the Sensatori and the building there looks dated and apartment like. The pools are small but there are many at the Beach, whereas the pools at the Sensatori are huge and very pretty. There is always an open chair by the pool or on the beach. The atmosphere is not what we expected at all. It is beyond quiet here. The is no music playing at the pools or restaurants and the activities are very few and far between. The service is good...not amazing by any means. The workers just seem to do their job. I was under the impression that the staff and facility go out of their way to cater to your children but my experience was just like any other resort. If you want a toy, you have to go ask at the front and check it out. There are literally three baby toys to choose from. If you see something online that is supposed to be included, you usually don't just get it...you have to ask for it. We had to ask for the kids robes and step stool (which we never got), toys, movie list, etc. You have to ask for the hotel map and activity list. We were never given any direction...we kind of just figured it out along the way. The beach is small but nice when there is no wind. The ocean and sand were clear on our first day but as the winds came in for the rest of our stay the water was murky and the sand was covered in seaweeds. Taking a walk in either direction is a trek through mounds of seaweeds and garbage. We wanted to snorkel the reef, but our red flag winds prevented us from doing so.

The kids club is AWESOME. It was the highlight of our stay because the weather wasn't the best. Our kids, to our surprise, wanted to go there often. The girls on staff there are very sweet and great with the kids. They have about 7 scheduled activities there per day that include exercise, crafts, and food making. On cloudy, cool days, it would be nice to have more adult entertainment.

The food is okay...not what we expected as Gourmet Inclusive. Very similar to any all inclusive we've been to. There is only one place for breakfast and two for lunch. They advertise an all lobster menu. I was looking forward to a lobster tail when really what I could choose from was lobster bisque, spaghetti with lobster pieces in a ragout, or lobster risotto. We were a bit disappointed with the food. Roma was by far our best meal. The sushi river was cool at Tainan, but the sushi was just average. The wine included is terrible. The kids menu is the same at every restaurant. One plus is that you never have to wait in line for a seat anywhere.

The location is great in respect to getting here from the airport but to go anywhere else is a very expensive cab ride. We wanted to go to the little zoo here in Puerto Morelos beause our weather had turned, but the cab would've been 30-40 us dollars each way. On top of what it costs to stay here and the entrance fee to the zoo, we decided to just stay.

If this place would be more up beat...a little music here and there, closer to town, had a better beach, and cost less, it would be great. I would only say that it is so/so and we will not be returning. I really do not feel it is worth the price. If you want complete relaxation with the peace of mind your infant or small children would be well looked after, then this would be a good fit for your family vacation. Our small children were a bit bored. I would not recommend this place for couples without children.

Pro's:
*Close to airport
*Nice rooms/comfy beds
*Pretty grounds
*KIDS CLUB

Con's:
*Too quiet
*Far from town and activities
*Bad beach on windy days
*Not a good area for a beach walk
*Expensive
*Bad wine

Room Tip: A swim up family suite would be great in perfect weather. I didn't see many people use their sw...
1 Thank mackmommy
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Our party consisted of my wife, four year old son, myself and another couple. We did quite a lot of research vefore choosing this resort; even though it was rated 2nd overall by tripadvisor for the Riviera Maya, I had my reservations as this was our first time in Mexico. I wrote this review as there was many questions that I had during research that I did not find covered in other reviews.

We stayed at the Azul Beach resort from Feb. 24th to March 2nd, 2012. We arrived at Azul Beach Resort at 11:30pm after a 10-15min bus ride from the airport. From the minute we got on the bus the staff were terrific; all staff were very conscious of the fact that we had just had a long flight and most likely tired and unsettled. They greeted us with cool face cloths and champagne and seated us in there very comfortable lobby. Within 10min of arriving a front desk attendant came over to our couch and gathered all the information for check in. We didn't even have to get up! They gave us a questionnaire to fill out which specified what aromatherapy was to be used in the room as well as a choice of 5 different kinds of pillows. They took us and our luggage up to our room. We stayed in room 1111 which is a suite above the swim up suites in the newer section of the resort. Our room was very modern. The bathroom had a double sink area, a large Jacuzzi tub which looked into the bedroom (this could be isolated for privacy by a curtain), a seperate enclosed area for the toilet, and a serperate enclosed area for the shower (rainforest fixture, and spray wand). The bathroom was stocked daily with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bubble bath, large tubes of moisturizer lotion (at least three different kinds over the course of the week), shoe polish, qtips, cotton balls, sewing kit, etc. The bedroom had two night tables and LCD TV; the bedroom had sliding doors to close it off from the rest of the suite, a sitting area with a large L-couch, comfy chair, coffee table, small table and four chairs and another LCD TV mounted on the wall with swivel arm. The L-couch pulled out to make a small bed for a child (this is probably suitable for kids up to age of 10-12 would be my guess based on length of mattress). The balcony looked out over the swimup suites and opposite rooms; although this isn't a ocean view it was still very nice at night because the entire pool would be lit up with soft coloured lighting for a very neat effect. The balcony had a table two chairs and a oval couch which was quite comfortable. There were also two large closets three drawers, two shelves a safe that was programmable and could fit ipads, small laptops, camera's passports, money etc...with room to spare. There was a small fridge stocked everyday with 2 cans of Sol (beer), 2 cans of Teccate (light beer), 2 cans of sprite, 2 cans of coke, and 2 cans of diet coke. Also coffee maker with tea, coffee, creamers and sugar. There were two air conditioners with remote controls (one in bedroom, and one in sitting room) these worked extremely well and were not too loud (actually have a sleep mode which turns fan down). There was a hair dryer, ironing board and iron also in the room. The decor was very modern with at least a dozen light switches for a variety of different settings. The maids would make up the rooms by early afternoon (very clean!) and then would return around dinner time to turn down the bed, clean up glasses and dishes, and spray aromatherapy; nice effect because you would come back from dinner to a pleasant smelling room, freshly cleaned! Guillermo looked after us extremely well and responded to any requests for additional soaps, towels, tp etc... with no problem, even leaving us a personalized note on our last night wishing us well, thanking us and looking forward to our return.

Food and Drink

There are three bars, five restaurants, one snack bar and room service to choose from.

The Roma, Italian restaurant was the favourite by general concensus. The menu included prosciutto and melon, tuna tartar, caprese salad, and more that I can't remember for appetizers. Italian wedding soup, and a mushroom soup with truffle foam that was amazing! Main entrees of strip loin steak, skirt steak, beef tenderloin, pork saltimbocca, ossobuco, pasta's, grilled ifsh (including salmon) and again others that I can't remember. Dessert included lemon pie, chocolate cannelloni, an amazing creme brulee, and very good ice cream.

The Latino restaurant is very good as well. You start with a chef created mango sangria that was very good. Appetizers were a tortilla salad with a very good papaya dressing and a accompanying ceviche. The entrees were strip steak with chimichura sauce, skirt steak, veja ropa (shredded beef and vegetables), grilled sea bass. The entire menu is inspired by Argentina, Cuba, South America etc... Desserts was chocoloate brownie, apple tart, lemon pie, ice creams but the best was the churros!

The Blue restaurant had a little more standard fare for the regular menu; burgers, chicken, steak, pork fish all of which was very good. They also had a all lobster menu. This included lobster bisque, lasagna, lobster wontons, lobster remulade etc...these were all excellent but a little disappointing as there was not an option for plain old lobster in the shell. They did have an amazing zucchini blossom and pecan soup (certainly a must have!). Dessert was chocolate brownie, apple tart, lemon pie, ice creams.

The Chill restaurant was primarily a steak menu. Rib eye, Mexican steak, strip loin steaks. All steaks were extremely good (I am a steak lover). If you like your steak medium rare I would order it rare, ifyou like it blue rare I would order it next to raw; if you like it medium to well no worries. They also had pork, chicken and fish as well as some Mexican standards, tacos, burrito etc...Similar desserts to the Blue restaurant. Mariano was the chef and ran an excellent kitchen! The squash soup was a hit at this restaurant.

The Tainan restarant was Asian inspired. There is a circular sushi bar that has a trough in the bar top that they put sushi boats in and you just grab what you like as it floats by. The sushi was good, tuna/avacado, salmon/cream cheese, vegetarian, tempura shrimp, wontons, eel, good grade wasabi and ginger as well. There was also a menu wich included curries, pad Thai, tempura fish, shrimp and egg noodles etc...

The room service is 24hr's and included the standard breakfast fare, as well as soft taco's (fajita style) ciabatta bun sandwhiches (clubs and chicken caesars), chicken fingers, burgers, nacho's and qesadilla's. Average time for room service was about 20min brough with blister packs of Heinz ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise.

Breakfast was served starting at 7:00am at the Blue restaurant. You could order from the menu which included french toast, waffles, pancakes, eggs benedict, breakfast burritos etc...Or you could choose from the breakfast bugget set up in the Blue restaurant; which included pastries, muffins, fresh fruit (cantaloupe, pineapple, melon, watermelon, guava, papaya, bananas, apples, strawberries) tater tots, roasted potatoes creamed spinach, pepper medley, oatmeal, bacon, sausages, pancakes, waffles, french toast, egg station, toast, bagels, english muffins, cookies and best of all a serve yourself hangover station with fresh orange juice, tomato juice, tabassco, worchester, maggie, wybrovia vodka and sparkling wine. Good coffee and really good orange juice. Marisol was the maitre-d, Reuben and Leslie wehere the servers in our area, they always made a big deal over our 4 year old son (Jack says hi!) makeing breakfast special for him.

Lunch was served at the Blue restaurant; grilled fish (sea bass and salmon), pastas chicken etc. You could also get lunch at the Chill restaurant; burritos, tacos, chicken wings, burgers, hot dogs etc. Or there was a buffet set up on the beach everyday near the Chill with linen covered tables etc that had bbq, build your own tacos, steaks, grilled fish etc..

Starting around 11:00 there was a snack bar close to the Aquinox bar that had nachos, sandwiches, fruit, smoothies, cookies and ice cream that the beach butlers would deliver right to your beach bed if you wanted.

Another lunch option was a picinic that would be served to you at your beach bed if you spoke with the beach butlers before 10:30am.

The house wine is Spanish and certainly takes a bit of getting use to, but is quite passable. They do have a wine list with some very decent recognizable wines; however this is quite expensive with the cheapest being a French burgundy at $55USD and up from there. The pricing certainly made me appreciate the passable (free) Spanish wine at all meals.

There was two main daytime bars. The Aquinox which was open air, tables and swinging beds usually one bartender on staff and no wait time longer then 5min; they would add another bartender during rushes. The liquor selection was excellent; johnny walker, jim beam, canadian club, dewars, martini, pernod, campari, brandy, kahlua, wybrovia, stolynichia, absolute, tangeray, beefeaters, many more name brands. They also have their own version of clamato; the Caesars were excellent - perhaps a little heavy on the worchester for some. If you do not request that your drink be made with the premium brands they will use the standard house brands (which I found quite decent anyways) - a couple of words of warning; the sparkline wine seemed to sneak up on a few people and was quite potent and if you request the premium brands they would make those drinks stronger. All in all not a bad thing. There was another bar near the swim up suites with oval couches, tables and chairs, ping pong table and life size chess board. This bar was never as busy as it was tucked away behind the Chill restaurant and usually was a quiet alternative. The Tequila bar opened at 5:00pm and stayed open until 1:00am. We never did make it here but talking to other guest this bar was for the connoisseur's with over 24 types of tequila which the bartenders would explain the subtle differences on and would take much more care in mixing regular drinks; a margarita would take up to 5min to make. There was also a small bar in the theatre to serv e the guests during shows. No fear of cheap drinks at this resort, there were no slushy machines anywhere, all icy drinks were made in a real blender. The Chill restaurant included a lengthy menu of Mexican chilada drinks which were made of beer base mixed with different ingredients. There was also a very good Irish cream that went really good with morning coffee, espresso, or cappuccino's that if you sweet talked Shirley and Revecca they would bring right to your beach bed. Humberto at the Aquinox bar looked after us very well, especially the special "tequila shots" (soda water and grenadine served in a shot glass) that he would prepare for our son.

One interesting / odd thing was at night outside of the Aquinox bar they would set up about 5 tables with hukka pipes and for $17 to $20 dollars you could enjoy a menu of about 6 different types of flavoured tabacco. It certainly looked neat but I never did see anyone brave enough to try them.

Beach

The beach is approximately 300 to 500m long and about 50m deep. There are an abundance of lounge chairs, sufficient palappas for shade; there are 25 beach beds or swinging beds. As there are about 100 rooms to this resort it worked out that about 1/4 of the guests would end up with beach beds. The beach beds/swinging beds had to be reserved the day prior to use. During our stay the reservation time was originally 8:00am. There were about 5 guests that would line up at 7:00am, I would usually join the line about 7:35 and was usually the 10th guest in line. Most days's 3-5 guests showing up shortly after 8:00am would secure the last of the beds. Part way through the week the reservation time changed from 8:00am to 3:00pm due to complaints from guests not wanting to get up early. Although the staff tried to avoid the lineup it was inevitable and the same procedure occurred. Line up for reservations would start around 2:00pm and by 2:30pm there would be about 15 people in line. For me the morning times worked better as you weren't standing in line during the hottest part of the day (and you knew that at least the beds would be used for the full day). Regardless if you really wanted a bed, 30 to 45min in line drinking beer was a small price to pay; it did offer you an opportunity to get to know some of the other guests.

The beds were great and well worth the wait as it offered a comfortable spot to get out of the sun especially if you have small kids; I also noticed a bunch of the grandparents enjoying them.

The beach itself is beautiful white sand and the roped off swimming area is mostly sand bottom. There was some seaweed however there was a staff of 3 to 4 grounds keepers that worked continuously on raking the beach. A short walk to either side of our beach shows you what it could be like if they were not so diligent (please remeber these guys when tipping as they are often forgotten and are some fo the hardest working on the resort). The swimming area goes from a depth of 1/2m to 2m gradually over 150m were the colour changes back to dark (at the farthest edge of the rope) it raises up again to 1m out to the break water. Snorkeling around this area I found about a dozen varieties of fish, conch, and a few manta rays from 1' diameter to about 3'. Water is crystal clear except on windy days when you do see some additional seawee blow in. Seaweed was never a concern for the week that we stayed. Please remeber that the entire area is an aquatice national park so don't remove or disturb anything you might find.

There is also a volley ball court, and small playground for the kids on the beach. The beach staff are amazing Israel, Juan, Shirley and Revecca are the best at what they do and manage to keep 99% of the guest happy. My strong advice is to ask which section of the beach the abouve four are working and reserve there!! (Sorry Israel you were off the day we left so Juan ended up with your TFC hat! - I promise I will bring you one next year!) If you are a photographer the beach offers excellent opportunity for some great sunrise shots - usually around 6:00am for the end of Feb. One word of warning it might be wise to pack some "afterbite" or calamine lotion; a few of our group got some very small bites after playing in the sand which I suspect are sand flea bites - these can be itchy for the kids, but really not a major concern.

Kids

This resort is deinitely geared towards families. A lot of the guests had young gamilies and often were accompanied by grandparents. Don't get me wrong there were adult couples without kids and a few singles; any of the guests I talked to enjoyed themselves and relly didn't hear too many negative comments from anyone. However if you are looking for a party place this probably wouldn't be your first choice. The kids club is excellent and although our son preferred to spend 100% of his time in the ocean I was talking to many other guests with young kids who all said they usually do not utilize any of the kids club or babysitting service while on holidays but once there kids saw the facilities and met the girls running it they loved it and would participate in the many activities set ourt for them. The facilities are great! Lots of new toys, a bunch of LCD's with wii and x-box games set-up, plus lots of optional outside activities. There is a day session 9:00-4:00 and a night session 7:00-8:30. Also a in room babysitting service is available.

General

As with all vacations if you want to find fault and be negative I'm sure you could find something to complain about. The couple we went with were first given a room were constuction was ongoing nearby. They had some initial problems with the front desk people in trying to resolvve this; however within a couple of days and a few meetings with front desk and personal concierge they were moved to a more suitable room. Once again they were bothered by some constuction noise late at night; after complaining twice the noise stopped. They received an apology and a complimentary bottle of champagne the following day. They enjoyed their vacation and this facility as much as we did. It is what you make it so take it easy, go with the flow and relax.

All said we had a fantastic experience. The people were great, facilities wer amazing, clean environmentally conscious, perfect weather also helped. Tipping was not solicited nor expected however when offered greatly appreciated. I would usualy tip 1 to 2 USD every other drink or when someone went out of their way, a little more a dinner (for me that totaled about $75-100 for the week). Also in regards to some of the few negative reviews; I would consider one off's as everyone I talked to had a very positive stay. In fact for the first 4 days my wife accidentaly left her purse with half of our traveling money lying out in the room not locked up, it was never touched or even disturbed. The food at all restaurants had superb presentation, the menus were great and varied; I would consider the food gourmet; however if you are a foodie expecting Jamie OIiver or Gordon Ramsey to be cooking your expectations are a little to high. Don't get me wrong the food was the best by far that I have ever had at a resort far surpassing what I considered good food at previous resorts. There were a few very picky eaters in our group which had no problem finding something they liked at each venue and truly enjoyed it.

We have been to five and four star resorts throughout Cuba and one in Dominican Republic and this easily was the best compared to 8 other resorts we had stayed in. I cannot recommend this resort more strongly to families with young kids and would even recommend it to adult or singles if a layed back relaxing holiday with great food and no crowds is what you're looking for (only caveat being if some noise of kids having the time of their lives is annoying to you). Oh ya and no adapter's needed for electrical same plugs as Canada and US. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me. Once again thanks to Israel, Juan, Shirley, Revecca, Humberto, Marisol, Reuben, Mariano and the rest of the wonderful staff who went out of their way to make our holiday special it was truly appreciated and you are all great ambassador's for Karisma and Mexico.

Thanks - Justin

Room Tip: Newer suites are beautiful, but pricey. Standard older ones are servicable. You really don't s...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
38 Thank oshawaheartcuba
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Azul Beach 4 times and have loved it everytime. We love the proximity to the airport and the lovely location. The service at the resort is fantastic. The food is great - and we absolutley love that you didn't have to make a reservation for dinner. My only complaint is about the Karisma reservation system - I recommmend using another site or travel agent if you can. The service through the Karisma Reservation Service is awful - unresponsive, rude and not able to solve problems. My credit card was charged twice - and after 2 months, they have still not been able to fix it. Numerous calls and emails have gone unanswered. Nothing against the resort - which is still one of my favorite places in the world. Just wish the reservation system would be as easy as the vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1.6 km away
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
35.8 km away
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#31 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!