We had a wonderful time at Azul Beach Resort. This resort really caters to families especially small children. The size was great- only 98 room in 2 story villas which had a very intimate feel. Everything was close which was great for mobility. We actually got upgraded to a Family Junior suite which was beautiful but the regular junior suite would have been just as nice for us. The deluxe is decent aswell but a little small for a family of four.
The food was delicious, always a ton of options and better than most all inclusives. It is all al la carte so was a little chalenging with little ones at dinner. But the good thing is -- most familys have the same issue so if your kid is having a slight temper tantrum in the resturant- you dont feel awkward nor do you get the "looks"! Our favorite was thte Latin Resturant but all were very good. I didnt really like the Tainan but I dont really like asian food in general. Due to the fact its a la carte except the BLUE resturant which has some buffet options. The CHIL wasa great for grilled lunches. The food was amazing for a resort. I felt the choices for kids were a little limited.
Beach was small but perfect for small children. You do need to line up by 2:30pm to reserve a beach bed which filled up fast but perfect for napping on the beach. The Cabana boys were great aswel as the waitressess. The weather when we were there wasnt great- the beach was very windy but apparently the weather was off that week. The wind blew alot of seaweed on the beach but the guys worked hard to clean it every day. It didnt really bother us at all.
The pools especailly the little kids pool was great. Its 2 feet deep and really relaxing.
I used the Vassa Spa for a Tropical Wrap and Massage and it was beautiful. Nothing like getting a massage overlooking the ocean.
My kids liked the kids club- but my 4 year old didnt want to stay and I couldnt leave my 2 year old in there without one of us which was fine. You can get babsitting for $15/hour or $30/hour at night if you wanted. We didnt as we wanted to spend as much time with the kiddies as possible. I think they would have had a blast once they are a little older. They did participate in some activities with our supervision. They had a great puppet show one day and a pinata party at night.
We didnt make it to any shows at all. The resort is very quiet by 10pm. Its great because you dont get the "drunken riff-raff" at the usual all inclusives that sit at the pool bar all day with thier insulated cups, which is a nice change. The drinks were always great! i loved the mojiotos. There is a smoothie bar aswell which we loved.
OVerall this was a great resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya Mexico
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort