15,001 results
All reviews lazy river chez isabelle lobster martini bar the grill flavor market sol bar spa view barcelona restaurant club pool room service our honeymoon french restaurant las olas club level michael jackson show swim up room
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This hotel is only 20minutes south of Cancun airport.
Warm welcome, beautiful huge bedrooms, lots of swimming pools.
Nice beach even if the water isn't always crystal clear.
People in this hotel really seem to want to make your stay the best !
Good food: a special thanks to Alfredo Chavez at Lobsters House who made excellent suggestions..
Would love to go back

Room Tip: the pools aren't that huge and a bedroom with garden and pool in front are very pleasant (especially on spa side)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank helenaparis
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at ERC October 21-28 during hurricane Rina. This was our 3rd stay at ERC (we have also stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres twice) and we LOVE them both! They greet you with "Welcome Home" as soon as you arrive and it really does feel like home. They make you feel comfortable and relaxed immediately...like they will take care of everything..and they do!! We have had the most excellent service throughout the whole resort with every staff member from check-in to bartender to grounds crew. It's unlike any other resort we have ever been to. We were there during hurricane Rina and the staff handled the situation with confidence and efficiency. They kept us informed at all times and had every detail worked out for possible evacuation. We felt completely safe. It was incredible to watch all the staff work together to prepare for the hurricane. They worked so hard securing things, putting things away and even cutting down coconuts from the trees to reduce the chance of damage from the high winds blowing them out of the trees. We were playing pool one day while they were cutting coconuts from trees close by. One of the grounds crew asked if we'd like some fresh coconut milk. They took time to cut 2 coconuts open for us and gave them to us! There isn't anywhere else you would find that kind of service from the grounds crew!! The entertainment staff did an excellent job having activities available for "less than perfect" weather. Antonio does and amazing job with his entertainment crew and is so personable with the guests. Danny and Vasti did such a wonderful job getting people involved with the activities and keeping our spirits up. They are so good and remembering names of the guests and interacting with us. And Rosalia...what a excellent guest services manager! She made time to greet us at the door on our return trip and truly watched over us and checked up on us throughout our stay. She goes above and beyond her job to take care of us. My husband purchased a ring for me in the jewelry shop on Sunday of our stay. We sent it to be sized and were to pick it up on Wednesday. Because of the hurricane, the jewelr shop was closed and did not reopen until after we left on Friday. I went to Rosalia, told her our problem and she took care of everything! Within a week she had my ring shipped to my house and kept email contact with me to keep me up to date with the progress and shipping of the ring. We also met Silverio Chech this time. What a great guy! He checked up on us every day. The food is wonderful the service is amazing. There just isn't any place like Excellence! We look forward to our next trip...probably in July for our Anniversary!

Room Tip: We usually stay in a Junior suite w/ a spa view. It's so nice and peaceful around the spa. It's beautiful and you can hear the relaxing spa music during the day.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We visited in april 2009. Absolutely great staff. Very thoughtfull. It was my husband's birthday during our stay. We didn't mention it, but they got it from his passport and decorated the room, the bed and the bath with balloons and left a birthday cake and bottle of champagne in the room! Just wonderfull! All inclusive is definitely all inclusive here! The spa is also a place to have some treatments, good quality. This is a place to go back to.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephineNetherlands
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My wife and I just spent a couple of days at The Excellence. The resort and staff are very good. The resort is very big, and is very clean. There are a lot of different pools. No matter what you are looking for, you will find it. If you want to relax and be by yourself, you can do it. If you want to be more social you can spend time at the pool bar area.

The staff is very attentive, and everyone goes out of their way to help the guests. The only reason why I rated 4 stars was for the food. 95 people out of 100 will find the food to be very good. We have had better food at another all inclusive in Cancun, hence my rating. Part of the issue is that every restaurant does not take reservation. This is very nice for the guests, but it makes it hard on the resort to produce top quality meals since they don't know how many guests, or what time, they will eat at each place.

Our room level was part of the "Excellence Club." The Excellence Club has a higher level of service, nice amenities in the room, and a private check in. The best feature is probably the private pool area, and it's own pool bar. The rail liquor and top shelf liquor were all better at the Excellence Club bar than the pool bar. You will also have access to the Excllence Club Lounge, which has premium liquor and food at all times. We thought it was a worthwhile upgrade.

The spa is one of the best we have been to. We got a massage and we were very impressed with the hydrotherapy before, the massage itself, and the cost. I would highly recommend that everyone get a treatment.

My wife and I are both very happy we went. While everything else is a minimum of 4 or 5 stars, we thought the food was fairly average. Overall it's a great place to spend a vacation.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Excellence Club - you get better views and better liquor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andy71405
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I just got back from this wonderful resort! I was there with a girlfriend from Nov 15/11 to Nov 22/11. It was an amazing resort! Truely beautiful! We had a room along the lazy river, facing the back of the spa, and it was so relaxing, tranquil, and serene. The spa had this serenity music playing all day that we heard from our private patio along the river and it was the most relaxing sound.
The food was incredible, the staff were friendly, smiling, and singing! It was truly a guilty pleasure to be there! We had a bad experience in Playa De Carmen's "5th avenue" shopping district, and will never return there again, so word of warning to all women...do not go to this area by yourselves...go with a guy!
The weather was hot and humid, and it rained a couple of times, but it only lasted about 2 min and the sun was back out. I read some of the reviews before I left, and I really don't understand what there was to complain about?? Especially in regards to the food, we never had a bad meal the entire time! The rooms are big and spacious, very comfortable, and very clean. We saw the staff cleaning, polishing, and just working very hard to maintain the wonderful reputation this resort has, and it shows.
We were 2 girls travelling on our own and were worried about being the only "non couple" there...it was quite the opposite. There were mostly older couples 40yrs to about 80yrs old, lots of women groups, the odd newlywed and young couple, but we never felt out of place.
If you want peace and quiet, great food, serenity, calmness and quality, this is the place to be! I would recommend this resort to everyone!

Room Tip: Pick a room that is along the lazy river! Either building 1, 2, 3. Gets the sun all day!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends