Overall, we enjoyed the El Cid. The hotel, rooms, grounds are all kept immaculate.
Everything is so clean and very nice. The staff are very friendly and we did not go without much.
Had some issues with our room (one bdrm suite). Requested highter level floor and ended up with ground level in buliding 12. The patio door did not lock. Staff came immediately and fixed. Then the next day the air conditioner broke but staff again fixed it within an hour or so. We were suprised with a bottle of wine & fruit by the hotel which I thought was a nice touch as you do have to stay in your room for any person (other than cleaning ladies) to come in to fix anything.
Were able to move up to third floor by 3rd day which was better. Unfortunetely by the last night of our stay the air conditioner quit working in it too..?? Not much luck in that dept.!
Other than that the 1 bdrm suite was fabulous! Huge and GREAT for traveling with family!
The pool is great and so was the beach. We were NOT platnium and after staying there on full capacity I would not recommend it either. We had NO problem with reservations or beach chairs or pool chairs. The booze choice was just as good and other than a guaranteed ocean view... I dont think you will miss out on anything. The only thing I would suggest is that on the beach they make the "regular" side with beach chairs bigger.... the platnium roped off area is quite large and most times when i walked by it was mostly empty.
The food is good in all buffets and restuarants... We ate at the Marina twice which was good. Did not eat at the mexican. The al a carts are very limited menu's but all our meals were great. The buffets had lots of choices and my picky son had no problems keeping a full belly.!
The only thing we did not care for on this vacation was the location of the hotel as we felt a bit isolated.. BUT we new this when i booked. We choose this hotel as we were bringing our son and it is a FABULOUS kids resort.. hands down.
So, overall it is worth a four + star... I am pretty picky and cant say anything bad about El Cid... I dont think you can go wrong bringing your family here...I would recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico