2,457 results
All reviews xhale club kibbeh e team silk city middle pool foam party xhale pool wink bar strip grill riviera cancun freestyle pool techno music foam bar hour buffet party zone charlie boy xhale room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I like culture but the Dj's by the pool and the club are ruining the resort experience. Please please please stop over Djing. Every good Dj pays attention to the crowd. If people are not dancing claping its because the music sucks!!!!!! The rave music must go or at least be minimized!!! Popular current american music please . No excessive mixing !!!!!!!! Let good songs play so people can enjoy and get in the spirit of this beautiful resort. Kill the Dj, your better off with Iheart radio than this crap. I am currently at this resort. And I hope management reads this and makes immediate changes!!!

10  Thank Venture637586
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

lets start with lobby. Lobby is outside and very hot .I was trusty I went to drink water it was hot and tasted bad .Check in was terrible they didn't care about us they just wanted to sale us up grate room and time share so after more than two hours we went to our room and it wasn't what we were expecting , than we went to have dinner the buffet was closed only tow restaurant was working one was tai food the other was a stack house so we went to the stack house than we find out that we can't eat there because our room wasn't XL there was nobody at the restaurant wile we were taking to the girl the super wiser came and okyed us to go and have dinner there. next day we were still in the bed when they called our room trying to schedule an other meting to push us to buy time sheer . after breakfast went to apple vacation desk since our package was from them and complain ,they asked us if we want to change our resort we said yes and in a mater of one hour we were out of there. Thanks to apple vacation, our nightmare was over and our real vacation began.

Stayed: September 2018
7  Thank sylviadavoodians
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here in Sept 2017 and declared it as the best holiday we’d ever taken and were so impressed, we booked and came again in Sept 2018. This turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Firstly, it must be said there are a few exceptions to the above who deserve praise for their exceptional level of customer service:

Pool Staff - Cruz and Ricardo
Entertainment - Adrian and Xavi
Buffet Restaurant - Pascal

If it wasn’t for these guys, the trip would have been pretty depressing and they are a huge credit to the resort. They was all very attentive and made us feel like we weee on holiday.

In a nutshell, the standard of service has slipped massively. The majority of staff seemed pretty down and miserable which had an obvious affect on their attentiveness. Silly things like not being served coffee in the morning, drinks not being refilled etc.

The advertisement for this resort brags about a 24 hour buffet restaurant, 6 speciality restaurants, beach bar and theatre. In 2017, all of these were open and operational and were great. At that time we were told the hotel was at 30% occupancy. This time round in 2018, the buffet was only open for breakfast, and opened for lunch and dinner 4 days out of our 14 night stay. The level of occupancy was blamed, yet the hotel is at 30% occupancy again. This is the only place where you can eat with AC at lunch and get some respite from the heat.

On the days the buffet was closed for lunch, you are left with the open air pool side tapas restaurant. With only 10 items on the menu, most of which come out of a fryer, it gets very boring very quickly. To make things worse, the service was consistently poor in here: water not topped up, food took ages (40 mins) food came out sporadically (this is normally done with tapas as it comes the second it’s ready but what did come out came out Luke warm at best). In this restaurant, Enrique told me to take my baseball cap off as said it’s not allowed. I looked around and questioned why 6 other people were allowed to wear hats and he said theirs was more elegant... I nearly spat my drink out in amazement.

Regarding the beach bar, this was open 3 out of the
14 days we were there, which again was a bit of a let down as they used to serve freshly made pizza’s.

One night we tried the Kibbeh Mediterranean restaurant, which was largely seafood. Great we thought. The fish was tough, so tough a knife was needed to cut it. Never had fish like it. The next day, 3 out of our party of 4 had dodgy stomachs. That restaurant is meant to be the hotels “premium” place to eat as it’s situated on the Xhale Clus side of the resort. It was by far the worst place to eat.

Had this been our first time, we wouldn’t know any better, but as this is our second time I can say the service has slipped way below what you would expect and deem reasonable for a hotel of this cost. I’m sure Breathless is in the top 10 most expensive in Cancun, if not higher, but Iv revived better service in hotels £600 less per person.

Would I recommend Breathless again? Not as these prices. You do not get the value.

Would I come again? No.

5  Thank LewGask
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly I want to start with how brilliant Adrian, Xavi, Cruz, Ricardo ,Aurora and Monserat are and they are a credit to your hotel. If you lose them then Breathless doesn’t have much hope.

This is our second visit to this resort one year later and I am extremely shocked with how the service has dropped.

Last year we came for two weeks same time in September. All the restaurants were open, all the bars were open during the day.

This year we came back myself and my boyfriend with a couple we met out here from America last year. This year spoon is only open for breakfast and will only open for lunch on busy periods which is Friday and Saturday. However they open Bites which is situated in the middle of the pool where you have 10 choices on the menu. But you have to wait over 40 mins to get your food and even when it comes it is cold. When you sit in there it’s beach attire but we got told no hats. This is fair enough but there were at least 6 others with hats on in the restaurant which Enrique didn’t tell to remove their hats.

Overall the service is extremely slow in all restaurants and staff look miserable. I would understand if the hotel was fully booked but they even told us that the hotel is only 30% capacity due to all restaurants being closed.

Will I come back again? Nope. Will I recommend this hotel to anyone else ? Unfortunately I can’t anymore, I feel embarrassed to have gone on about how great this resort was to return a year later and so much has changed.

3  Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ok I will start by saying that this resort is beautiful. Not too big so you don't need to go too far to experience everything.
The rooms are really modern. Ive been to many of these places and they did a super job at the design.
FOR THE BAD
If you are not into techno then do not come here. You will have a horrible time listening to techno the entire weekend. I begged them to just mix in a little top 40 and my group of 12 was ignored. Other groups were also asking for a change and they ignored. It was painful. THEY WILL NOT LET YOU LISTEN TO YOUR OWN PORTABLE SPEAKER!! This was sooooooo annoying. We were told that we can not listen to the music we liked while at the boring party pool.
After 11pm there is nothing to eat. you will starve so eat as much as you can before 11.
MEN YOU CANNOT ENTER THE BUFFET WITH A TANK TOP ON.
This was absolutely ridiculous. At noon when i leave the beach I should be able to enter a buffet without a sleeve. Women can wear what they want but yet men need pants for every dinner. Men cannot wear shorts for dinner but women can wear shorts and tanks. It doesn't make any sense. smh. So annoying.
Do yourself a favor and skip this resort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends