See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Most of the hotels in Chitwan are in the national park whereas the Royal Century is in town and handy for what the town has to offer.
We had a room in the annexe on the 5th floor I think. It was a large room with a/c, flat screen tv, bathroom with a bath and shower over. A comfortable room with a view to the side of the building. We had breakfast included which was fine.
There is a spa in the hotel which I used on one occasion and found the massage to be very good.
Nepal hotels are not at the same standard as western hotels but we found the Royal Century provided a good place to stay at a very reasonable price and with nice and helpful staff. We would certainly stay there again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: 4th or 5th floor - sorry I'm not sure which we had.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Room was large. We were on the second floor of the annex facing an open lot and a house under construction so the view wasn't great. If I stay again would ask for a room on 4th or 5th floor. The hotel has one of the better restaurants we ate at in Nepal. The service was great! Really good breakfast, loved the fresh orange juice and the omlettes. Beds were typical for Nepal - hard.

Room Tip: Go for upper level room in the annex away from the east-west highway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I don't know if there is anywhere better to stay in Bharatpur but a couple of things to keep in mind if considering Royal Century.
- It is a hotel, not a B&B or guest house. They recently added a new wing, expanding in quantity, but unfortunately not in quality; leaking bathtub, no hot water for the two mornings I was there, no insect screens on the windows and my toilet didn't flush properly.
- The food is good, very good in comparison to many other hotels in rural Nepal.
- For western guests and others who enjoy a good night's sleep or peace and quiet - bring ear plugs, sleeping pills or stay somewhere else. This hotel is NOISY! Noisy staff, guests, elevator "pings", and weddings (Hindi movie disco music - loud!) in the courtyard that spill over into the new wing's lobby. Thin walls (I could hear the guy next door using the bathroom!), loud door locking systems, bad acoustics in the hall, so the sound of guests unlocking, opening and closing their doors in amplified enough to disturb you in your room.
- Staff are, on the whole, very friendly - but NOISY! Yelling across the restaurant at each other, sorting "silverware" in the restaurant during breakfast ...
If anyone has any other options in Bharatpur please let me know, I need to come here a couple of times a year for business. I am even considering staying at a Chitwan resort and driving the 90 minutes (each way) to get here next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Rooms are very spacious, clean. LED TV with multi channel program is good. The bathroom is very clean. Well furnished room with cupboard, dressing table, mini bar & free wifi service.
Food is very tasty. The staff are very professional and the hospitality is very warm. I stayed about a week and I felt like in home.
And the hotel is centrally located in town.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room no 701, quite good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed there twice on a business trip. Very dirty rooms and very slow service unfortunately, not recommended to stay there if you can avoid.

The food is not bad, actually most of it is good but the service is very slow.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business