All reviews wood stove black necked cranes beautiful hotel corner room electric heater hot water dining room entire valley stunning views large windows spacious room long drive bhutanese architecture bhutan hotels low season rustic feel remote location
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Great views, wonderful looking architecture. No WiFi nor TV. However fantastic sauna. Wood stove fire heater in the room. This location is in a valley but the elevation is high and we got very sick due to that. Altitude sickness is not something to laugh at so make sure you are acclimatized before staying there. Staff and food was good. Room was good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank normanmsmith
Reviewed November 18, 2017

Unfortunately and sadly I lost my pure gold and diamond and black diamond studded watch there, which i had kept my bedside at night , and forgot to wear in the morning as we left for the crane centre . On return , I checked my room 126 , questioned the maids , complained to Meena , receptionist , gave my card and email details to contact me , but no avail . I tried to contact them on the email id given by Meena but it bounced and they have not contacted me . The watch had an emotional materialistic value to me and has left me with a sad emotion .I m not blaming , but the incident has just upset me .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2017

We were here for one night. The hotel is old and a wooden structure, Bhutanese architecture. Our room was in the new wing with a breathtaking view of the Gangtey Valley. Pine wood floors and the ceiling also pinewood. The walls and beams decorated with Bhutanese paintings. The electric room heating was good with an additional wood burning fireplace. The bathrooms were clean with modern fittings and sanitaryware with 24 hours running hot water. The restaurant decor in the old wing is beautiful and the view is amazing. The service and food is good. Pleasant stay.
Zubair Poonawalla.

Room Tip: All the rooms are valley facing.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2017

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Our room was the best we experienced in Bhutan - fabulous views, top quality design, beds and bath. The manager Sonam was extremely professional and charming. Our advice- do NOT MISS the Spa- or the Stone bath. We were sceptical about the stones but it was an amazing fun experience- my husband and I shared one at night and loved it. The spa has a Masseuse named Renuka- be sure to get her. She has magic hands and her massage bed is heated. 60 minutes are too short - go for the 90. And it is such a bargain compared to the US- perhaps a third the price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QuotetheRaven
Reviewed November 5, 2017

What I like about it:
1) Two free bottled water
2) Nice view from the hotel

What I don't like about it:
1) Bathroom facility in the room is only so-so
2) With the hotel of this size, surprisingly, there is NO internet/WiFi, even in the hotel lobby.

But they said it's the BEST hotel available in Gangtey.
If you are interested in seeing cranes and are in the "crane" season, then it's worthwhile to visit Gangtey. Otherwise, I would say just visit Paro, Punahka, and Thimphu to avoid long drive (not so good road condition). There isn't much too see other than the cranes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends