“Surprising Find”
Review of Crows Nest Lodge

Crows Nest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Restoule
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Mike & Laura (the owners of the Crow's Nest) were the friendliest, warmest and most gracious hosts I've ever met! We stayed at their hotel & ate at their restaurant while deer hunting and were so surprised with this gem in the North (VERY rare to find). The portions were HUGE, the menu had variety and Laura's personal touch from the kitchen was pure magic! The hotel was extremely clean and modern. I will definitely be back - and bring along my wife and family!

Date of visit: November 2014

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our family visited the restaurant in early August, for a sit down dinner. The servers were very nice people, friendly and welcoming. They knew how to serve families with younger kids very well, and asked before hand if we wanted certain things that would help a child get through a sit-down meal.

The restaurant had a good range of entree and non-entree choices at a good price. The entrees are all home cooked (i.e. not the processed commercial restaurant food found typically at many other restaurants), with exception of a few things that are found on typical children's menus, like chicken fingers. They offer Ontario caught fish too. I especially liked the home made garlic mashed potatoes that was available with my entree. Yummy !

The atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice too. There were both local couples, cottagers and travellers like us, eating at the same time we were. I've heard that this is a favourite spot for people staying at the local Restoule Provincial Park, who want a non-camping food dinner or lunch. We saw a grandma stop in with her group of her grand kids to by to buy ice cream cones while we were there, and the owner was very good with them. Lots of excellent choices of ice cream flavours available. There is a big patio at this restaurant, and you can hear the near by river rapids too from there too.

Date of visit: August 2014
4  Thank Heather H

Been to Crows Nest Lodge? Share your experiences!