“Restaurant in decline every which way”
Review of Chennai Dosa - MOVED

Chennai Dosa
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

Been going to Chennai Dosa in Stretford ever since it opened some 3-4 years ago. Started well but this last year it has declined. Dirty floor, dirty plates, dirty water jug and tumblers, stale and gone chutney, tasteless masala with dosa, dry and rubbery idlis, and, reheated Currys. Luckily, not caught any Delhi Belly so far but I am not going to tempt it! My advice - think before you go to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

Just walked in and out in 2min. No one in restaurant, including no visible staff for a minute. Awful welcome, rude to our child who asked where everyone was. Used to come regularly and was great, last time poor food but thought would give benefit of the doubt. At least now confirmation to never attend again. Zero rating but forced to put 1.

Reviewed March 7, 2015

I read few reviews about this and still i tried this place. Everything was good about this place and i really liked being there.

Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

Being a South Indian, I have a fair idea of what good South indian food is and this restaurant does injustice to this form of cuisine... South Indians are very warm and welcoming ... The staff here are the absolute opposite... Food quality has gone down the drain ... They make idlis hard.. I pity the people who can digest the food here... I cannot stop saying things but have to be brief ... Trip advisor says the lowest rating is 1 ... I give this a 0... It is not even fitting for a 1 on the scale... If not me someone will put in a complaint soon and this place will have to be shut down ....

1  Thank Venkatram S
Reviewed March 1, 2015

I had lunch here on Thursday with a good friend.

This is an Indian cafe type restaurant and should not be confused with a typical "curry house".

The menu is extensive but does not contain the usual array of curries. That said, with the help of my Indian friend, we had an excellent lunch for a modest outlay.

The place itself is not plush by any means and could easily be a motorway service area. For all that it appeared clean and the food freshly made.

I'm told it's busy on the weekend but was very quiet when we were there.

I'd go again - it was very good if casual.