“Totally Authentic”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2015

Came here today on a recommendation and was not disappointed. The food could have come from India itself. The place is known for Dosas but I chose mutton curry. It was packed with flavours and I asked for spicy option and was made up with the result. Delicious. With it I ordered porathas which were the best I've ever had and the mushroom rice was a sensation. Fragrant, varied and done in such a unique way that can only have come from the real deal streets of India. You wil not get chicken madras or vindaloo, you will get a unique selection that you wouldn't normally see in most restaurants.

1  Thank ikelly46

Reviewed March 22, 2015

I wish we would have taken the reviews posted on this website more seriously...Please enter this restaurant at your own risk..Today we faced the worst service - Wrong orders taken , wrong food delivered, no apologies..shameless staff kept on laughing.. Crap quality, tasteless food and the list goes on... Its worth to stay hungry rather than going to this restaurant.

1  Thank Zafar R
Reviewed March 15, 2015

Went in for the Sunday breakfast buffet and it was terrible, we use to go there very frequent couple of years ago and it use to be a good south Indian restaurant not any more, first off all they opened 10 minutes late and the vada's were cold, we asked for a masala dosa that come after 20 mins that too when I reminded them that we are still waiting for our dosa and when it came the masala dosa didn't looked or tasted anything like one. Total waste of money and time, bad food and bad service, will never be going there again. I just wonder how come they are still in business maybe won't for long.

2  Thank Biju P
Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

Been going to Chennai Dosa in Stretford ever since it opened some 3-4 years ago. Started well but this last year it has declined. Dirty floor, dirty plates, dirty water jug and tumblers, stale and gone chutney, tasteless masala with dosa, dry and rubbery idlis, and, reheated Currys. Luckily, not caught any Delhi Belly so far but I am not going to tempt it! My advice - think before you go to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

Just walked in and out in 2min. No one in restaurant, including no visible staff for a minute. Awful welcome, rude to our child who asked where everyone was. Used to come regularly and was great, last time poor food but thought would give benefit of the doubt. At least now confirmation to never attend again. Zero rating but forced to put 1.