See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I contacted the proprietor by email to enquire about booking for 2 nights B & B in April. Three days later I was sent a reply that noted my request but also stated that the booking had not been confirmed and that I should wait for further information. 4 days afterwards I asked if they could confirm my booking within a week. I'm very disappointed to say I've heard nothing since. The 'glowing' reviews are meaningless when considered against this unprofessional way of dealing with a potential customer.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank kikelmool
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Just come back from a short stay at this lodge and would highly recommend it. We only stayed for one night as we were walking in the Peak district. The room we stayed in was second to none, scrupulously clean, modern and well looked after. The lodge itself is a stables conversion and has been converted to the highest specifications. Breakfast was varied and freshly cooked, everything on offer that you would expect. Highly recommended, would defiantly stay again.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vivienLytham
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed in many B&B's all over the country and have to say this is the best one I have ever stayed in. Mike and Jo make you feel at home, the decor is modern and fresh and the breakfast is cooked to your liking and really sets you up for the day. I recommend this to anyone thinking of staying in the Chesterfield area.

Room tip: room 4 is great but they are all very clean and very well maintained
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The place was spotless and had everything in the room you could think off, even bottles of water. The cooked breakfast was reallt good as well and it was no trouble for him to do me scrambled eggs with mine instead of fried. What a friendly man the host was.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

A really great location for us as we were visiting friends in the area. A very warm welcome, the room was lovely, everything immaculately clean. Breakfast in the morning was very nicely cooked. We'll be back for another visit!

Date of stay: June 2012