“Worst restaurant/breakfast”

Hotel Novarello Resort & Spa
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The menu was extremely limited. We asked for a salad and were told it was over. We asked for a second dish... also over.
Breakfast was scarce and juices were served on small plastic cups!
It might be a good hotel for sports... but it doesn't deserve the 4 stars it announces.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Perfect for conferences or anything that would like people to stay at the same place for the whole duration of stay. Not easy to get to/from Novara (unless you have a car). But the area is nice, restaurant is ok, coffee-bar is brilliant, the bar closes too early (23:00). Gym which is ok. So you got all you need, only missing a hangout place for late evenings.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We had booked to stay here for nearly 3 weeks and after 5 nights we were done! The Hotel itself was very clean and the staff very helpful. Although I believe it to be very expensive for what is on offer which also seemed cost extra to the hotel rates anyway.

Its real down side was the catering. Lets start with the Breakfast. My kids called bacon facon as they thought it was fake bacon! The last straw for me in the kitchen was the fruit bowl which I delivered to the staff as it was completely full of old fruit and mould! I may also make mention that the lemons in the centre of the tables look like they had been there for several months.

Then there was the bar, that had no bottle opener to open the beer bottle!

And for the grand finale..... The Restaurant.
Lets start with the main guy who stunk of cigarettes when serving which I thought was revolting. One of the lady waiters standing at our table clicking her pen waiting for us to decide what we wanted for our meal. The meal sizes were very average. Pizza was good!
On the night we decided just to check out this was our final straw!

My son who is only 14 had ordered pasta and then a steak. He asked for Chips (which he had a couple of nights with his meal) only to be told that they don't have any. Which didn't bother us until latter events..... he was not asked if he wanted an alternative so we just imagined the steak would come with salad or vegetables maybe.
He ate his pasta, and then his Steak arrived, which was paper thin! There was nothing else on his plate, just the meat. No veggies, no salad and definitely no chips.
He ate the steak and was still hungry so we ordered another serve of the pasta. Can I add my son is not a big boy, and would normally not eat that amount except there was nothing regular about the sizing of the meals served. They were SMALL and incomplete!
So while we were enjoying the last of our wine, and a little conversation! My son noticed that on the next table 2 gentlemen were eating a great big piece of steak and it was served with chips.
So I got up from the table checked that what my son had said he saw was correct and then I asked the waiter to explain who up until that point we had communicated in English for the last few days and all of a sudden he could only speak Italian. I asked him to grab a manager that could speak English. The same lady arrived that I handed the mouldy fruit bowl to that morning, she was discussing the situation with a gentlemen who from the look of things over the previous few days would have been the restaurant manger possibly.
They gave me some story that these people had ordered the steak and chips in advance. The gentlemen who apparently decided he could only speak English was rude and walked off not prepared to discuss the situation, I'm sure he was calling me some profanity's. I continued the conversation with the lady who agreed it was not good. She asked if we wanted chips. Which of course we did not!
I asked her why was there separate menus? Or why had we not been offered the same as the 2 gentlemen on that table. We would have been happy to pay more if that is what it would have taken as to be honest the meals were all very small in size.
Oh yeh! I ordered Prosciutto and melon one night and with out saying anything they brought our Prosciutto and Pineapple (which was also brown and didn't look very nice at all). They could have at least come to the table and asked if I wanted to change what I had ordered.

We will definitely NOT be recommending this hotel to anyone! Actually let me rephrase Hotel was fine, its the breakfast and catering that need to be avoided.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located within sports oriented village. It has been renovated and is quite ok, without being outstanding. The WiFi in my room was VERY bad with less than 500k. The rooms are calm and the bed ok. Breakfast is also ok, with anything special to note.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I haven been staying in this hotel for 5 days with my husband who has been attending an excellent ESAVS ultrasonography course near this hotel. It has been a very nice vacation for me. This hotel is excellent and I will recommend it as a place to stay when you need peace and rest. There is nothing near the hotel except a gas station where you can buy chocolate and such things. The hotel itself has a restaurant . The gym is large. There is also a spa which I did not try because of a cold I am having. I heard it is a good one. If we ever come back I will try it then.
The hotel has an agreement with a reliable taxi company which brings you here from the airport an also drives you back. It costs extra of course. Stefano Ventura is a real nice person and you can order his taxi to drive you where ever you want. One day I decided to visit the nearest town Novara. Stefano told me that there is not much to see and the shops will close for the afternoon. He persuaded me to take the train to Milan. He gave me prescise information how to buy the ticket, how to devaluate it and to buy a map and where to go in Milan. And he told me to phone him when I was back at the Novara train station and he would take me back from there. I have never had such good instructions. He also has a fix price so you know how much it always costs.
From Novara you can easily take a train to Torino,too. If we are coming back some time I already have plans where to go.
The hotel personnel is very nice and helpful. They do not all speak English, but there is always a colleague near by who does. I cannot think of anything negative to say about this place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Quite and sorrounded by pristine countryside, canals and rice paddies; easy reach from Malpensa. Late arrival was easy, good rooms and immaculate bathroom.
Pity that on the day the breakfast was a fairly average affair: we are in a "slow food" gourmet area, and we got "off the box" stuff; somewhat disappointing also that the brekfast ladies were not very welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

This 2. League Novarello team head quarters very big area close industry area also
Very good check in you can see football players nice bar café

Free car park WI-FI good land free

24 hrs football in here

26.4 km away
Hotel Villa delle Rose Malpensa
11.1 km away
Bella Italia Palace Hotel

Been to Hotel Novarello Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!