All reviews hot tub short drive within an hour unique opportunity second to none other guests little gem look forward amazing hosts stunning views malcolm pools ronda garret parents coast bbq
Reviewed January 19, 2015

Having arrived at the airport I was whisked away by the owners who were kind enough to pick me up as I didn't want to hire a car. I had rented their one bedroom apartment, but was generously given the two bed apartment for the stay. The apartment was. Dry clean and spacious with all the essentials for a great holiday. Garret and his family were always on hand if I needed help or advice, as I was alone on this holiday, they were also kind enough to take me out to local events and resturants because of my lack of transport.

One of the reasons I choose El Rancho was the ability to enjoy the warm sunshine and also go horse riding in the Serria Nevada mountains, this was not to disappoint Jacque loves her horses with a passion and commitment rarely seen in Spain, the stables and tack are spotlessly clean and the horses are adored and well looked after. I enjoyed my riding experience both in the very large school next to the stables and riding out with Garret through the mountains.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for either a riding holiday or just to experience the surrounding area. Oh and they have a great swimming pool as well. Thank you for a great holiday to the El Rancho crew and the four legged family.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank D M
Reviewed January 19, 2015

We stayed at El Rancho for a week last July and have been meaning to write a review ever since! An amazing place with superb accommodation, wonderful caring and fun hosts, a fabulous swimming pool and horse riding if you want it. We did wonder if our 10 year old son would be bored but he loved every minute and had his first go at horse riding. The local village is great with tapas bars, bakers and supermarkets so everything within a 5 minute drive that you could want. We enjoyed it that much we have booked to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday there in June with a group of friends and know it will be great fun with Jacque, Garret and Vidal joining in the celebrations!

Date of stay: July 2014
4  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed October 6, 2014

We have just returned from our first visit to El Rancho on Saturday and are missing it already, the mountain views, location and scenery are not to be missed. We had booked El Hispano for our stay but after being met in the village by Garret we were told that we had been upgraded to El Alter Real, this was a very pleasant surprise, the quality of this accommodation is fantastic.
Sue having not been on a horse for many years took riding instruction with Jacque and found the whole experience very enjoyable.
We would like to say a big thank you to Garret, Jacque and family for making us feel very welcome and for a most enjoyable holiday, we look forward to future stays at El Rancho.
Gary & Sue.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank garygood1956
Reviewed September 9, 2014

Having never taken the time to write a review on trip advisor- these thoughts can be taken with trust & honesty.

Myself and my sister have visited El Rancho 2 x now - both exceptionally good fun.

The accommodation is wonderful- like a spanish home away from home. Similarly the pool and general space to live makes you never want to leave.

As a novice rider the helpful and relaxed environment worked perfectly. The scenery is amazing in this area- so there is no better way to explore this than with wonderful horses! (each with its unique character).

Better than all of the wonderful weather, horses and experiences were the hosts'; Jackie & Garret. Both of whom shall be dearly missed in the months not visiting!

Should you take one holiday in Spain in the next 5 years- let it be to El Rancho.

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank lizsmith2902014
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We spent a wonderful week at El Rancho in August, from the moment we arrived - we were made to feel so very welcome.
Thanks to Jacqui, Garret and the charismatic, charming and cheeky Vidal, my husband, myself and our 5 year old daughter Flo, enjoyed our best family holiday ever!
The accommodation is beautifully finished and spotlessly clean, the individual outdoor space gives you shade and privacy, although we preferred the sociable atmosphere around the pool and shaded communal area.
The small town is easy to access, we tried a nice bar next to a swing park - handy when you have children.
I am allergic to horses, but Jacqui gave Bill his first riding lesson in 20 years and Flo her first ever experience of horses - thanks guys - now she wants a pony! The lesson was fun and informal, and Jacqui even washed all the clothes after each lesson to prevent my allergy!
The weather this early August was soooo hot - but with ample shade and 2 lovely pools - its the perfect place for a relaxing holiday.
Also thanks to Norma and Malc for the tourist information and watching Flo on several occasions and thanks Vidal for inspiring Flo to learn to swim.
We will be returning in the future without a doubt.

Date of stay: August 2014