El Rancho
US$52
US$50
US$285
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$321/night.

Hotel Los Dolmenes(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$55
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

Hotel Lozano(Antequera)
US$543
US$55
Hotel Coso Viejo(Antequera)
US$40
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

Cortijo Los Lobos(Villanueva del Trabuco)
El Capricho(Villanueva del Trabuco)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubshort drivefirst classfabulous holidaysuperb hostsunique opportunitycan't wait to go backother guestslook forwardlittle gemstunning viewsmalcolmpoolsgarretrondaparentsbbq
Reviewed July 1, 2015

I have become to be an avid user of tripadvisor when searching out holidays, especially abroad.
After I had first seen El Rancho via Owners Direct, I then searched the reviews to see if it was as good as it looked - no disappointment here at all and after reading this review, you will understand why!
Made our enquiry and had swift, courteous call that night from Garret who explained all about El Rancho and the general set up. After a chat with my wife we made a reservation and waited the 9 months to tick by until we would arrive. Sadly, our 8 days at El Rancho finished yesterday and both my wife & I feel extremely fed up today (this is an understatement)! We have just had one of the best holidays we can remember and much of this, apart from the fantastic area that El Rancho is located and the facilities offered - its down to Jacque, Garret and their son Vidal whom are the nicest, most hospitable& entertaining people you could ever wish to meet!! Lets not forget that this is a business eh? Maybe it is their home too but, you wouldn't expect that you would be shown such hospitality and general niceness in such copious amounts.. My wife and I are still slightly dazed at just how much we enjoyed our stay and one thing is for sure, it will not be our last visit! We stayed in the studio apartment which is great and gives you everything you need - we especially liked our little courtyard where we sat and had breakfast every morning. We were shown the 2 x 2 bed villas also and we hope to re-visit in future with family or friends where we would certainly utilise these units. The décor and finish is first class, clean and overall impossible to find fault with anything. We loved the easy going attitude of the entire El Rancho set up, it made for a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday - something that can often feel lacking if staying in a hotel etc. By the end of day 1, my wife and I felt like part of the family - I don't want this to sound like you have to get up and play family games when instructed (like when the activities team come round) but, it's a measure of just how welcoming the El Rancho team are. If you choose privacy - then this is respected 100% and unless you require something - you will not be disturbed. We were very lucky in meeting some fantastic other guests during this stay - Simon & Steph' who have become very good friends of Garret & Jacque (from numerous visits), along with Melanie & Charles whom we spent our last two days with sitting chatting and having a thoroughly enjoyable time. To say we were sad to leave yesterday does not really describe it - this is as much because of Garret,Jacque and Vidal and not just the fabulous accommodation and location.
Please don't all rush to book up though........ as we would love to keep this a hidden jem for ourselves and the few lucky others that have had the good fortune to have found it already! We are already working on trying to get back out later in the season if at all possible.
Garret,Jacque & Vidal - a massive thanks for making our holiday so great. Mark & Tracey.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tozzy1027
Reviewed June 14, 2015

Just returned back to the UK tonight after spending 4 nights at El Rancho with my niece.Have never stayed anywhere so welcoming. The accommodation spotless with everything we needed for our stay. Louise loved the horse riding and it was evident the horses were well loved and cared for. Can only say our hosts Jacque and Garret should be very proud of what they have achieved at El Rancho. Thanks also to Vidal, Norma and Malcolm. We will definitely return to this little oasis in the mountains.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Frankie W
Reviewed May 18, 2015

We have just returned from our 2nd visit to El Rancho, this time with our new addition to our family our 6 month old baby boy. Jacque was wonderful and made our 1st trip away with our little one stress free as was on hand to answer any questions I had and even arranged for some shopping to be done to save us having to do it once we arrived.
As last time the accommodation was perfect as was all of the facilities, it is such a stunning place that is perfect to rest and relax as well as giving you easy access to drive and explore everything Andalucia has to offer.
The local town has supermarkets and there are some lovely places to sit and eat and have a drink on the square.
Jacque and Garret are wonderful and even hosted a BBQ for my husbands birthday.
I can not recommend this place high enough and can not wait to return!
Thank you El Rancho for making our first family holiday together so special! x

Room Tip: There are 2 x 2 bedrooms villas and 1 x 1 bedroom studio with private BBQ areas to choose from.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank BridalRach
Reviewed January 19, 2015

Having arrived at the airport I was whisked away by the owners who were kind enough to pick me up as I didn't want to hire a car. I had rented their one bedroom apartment, but was generously given the two bed apartment for the stay. The apartment was. Dry clean and spacious with all the essentials for a great holiday. Garret and his family were always on hand if I needed help or advice, as I was alone on this holiday, they were also kind enough to take me out to local events and resturants because of my lack of transport.

One of the reasons I choose El Rancho was the ability to enjoy the warm sunshine and also go horse riding in the Serria Nevada mountains, this was not to disappoint Jacque loves her horses with a passion and commitment rarely seen in Spain, the stables and tack are spotlessly clean and the horses are adored and well looked after. I enjoyed my riding experience both in the very large school next to the stables and riding out with Garret through the mountains.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for either a riding holiday or just to experience the surrounding area. Oh and they have a great swimming pool as well. Thank you for a great holiday to the El Rancho crew and the four legged family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank D M
Reviewed January 19, 2015

We stayed at El Rancho for a week last July and have been meaning to write a review ever since! An amazing place with superb accommodation, wonderful caring and fun hosts, a fabulous swimming pool and horse riding if you want it. We did wonder if our 10 year old son would be bored but he loved every minute and had his first go at horse riding. The local village is great with tapas bars, bakers and supermarkets so everything within a 5 minute drive that you could want. We enjoyed it that much we have booked to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday there in June with a group of friends and know it will be great fun with Jacque, Garret and Vidal joining in the celebrations!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family