“A Local Gem”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My wife and I have eaten at this Pub restaurant for many years, but I have not given a review of which it deserves. Very attentive staff and good service all round. It's difficult to find these days a good variety menu with down to earth prices. notwithstanding this, the portions are enormous if you come away from this place hungry then you must have the appetite of an Elephant.Catering for all appetites and Gluten-free you can have from the all-day breakfast ( difficult to get through) to a Curry, this P.H./restaurant is generally very busy and booking for Sunday roast is advisable. The location is set on the old A10 near the Garden centre, a popular place in the Summer due to the extensive grounds and the grassed area where the children can run around freely.

1  Thank KENSUE_8

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

This pub is favoured by our host and that’s the reason she wanted to treat us there. The Pub itself looks nice, is inviting and comfortable. Unfortunately, as we walked in we all noticed a strong smell of chip fryer fat lingering by the front entrance which was a little unpleasant. I wondered if their extractor fan wasn’t working properly, or perhaps not up to the job. The two ladies running the pub were efficient, but a little brusque and somewhat impatient when taking and serving our food order. It wasn’t particularly busy this day, and only half the tables in use, so there didn’t really seem to be any reason for it. The food is reasonably priced and good, but only to cafe standard. The menu is, in my opinion, too large and a little ambitious. The sizzling stir-fry prawn dish was very disappointing. It wasn’t sizzling, and the prawns were those cheap tiny type you might use in sandwiches. If you can’t do it at least as well as the local Chinese then don’t! I would have sent the dish back, but I didn’t want to embarrass our host. Having said all this, if I lived locally to this pub, I too would dine there with my partner, I just wouldn’t necessarily take friends and family.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited for a family lunch, The Green Man has a really wide selection to choose from, vegetarians and those with a gluten free diets are catered for very well. I had the lamb roast which was excellent (all our meals arrived hot and the portions were ample). Recommend that you opt for the standard roast - they do a Mega option which must be huge. The lemon cheesecake was very nice. The restaurant was full, the service was excellent, recommend booking a table well in advance of your visit. Ample parking available.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

We have never had a bad meal at The Green Man, Shepreth, excellent portions of well cooked food,, great variety on the menu, their sizzling Cantonese prawns followed by Crème Brulee are to die for, and the staff could not be more helpful, they even put a small lit candle in my husbands banana split, when they learnt it was his birthday!!!!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Six of us had meals here recently this being our third visit. We have always received friendly service particularly at the table.Today being Friday (fresh fish day ) we had to have the Haddock & Cod also eaten were the fish cakes and salmon leaving one of our party to have chicken.
The Haddock was of a large size really fresh tasting everybody was agreed the main course was excellent and went on to have delicious deserts.
The restaurant is a little tired but has a good customer base and you will need to book. Terrific varied menu and very well priced. We have already booked again.