Lowest prices for your stay
US$112
View deal
Hotels.com
US$113
View deal
Booking.comUS$113
Orbitz.comUS$113
CheapTicketsUS$113
All reviews front desk west island staff was friendly i highly recommend this hotel in addition last visit montreal lobby brand car marriott fan lady steam points september
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We visited my mom back in September 2018 and stayed here. It was very clean and nice.
We brought my mom to the hotel and asked if they had a wheelchair that we could borrow while she was there visiting us. We took my mom all around the hotel and the grounds ( it was sunny and she LOVED being outside as she usually was inside due to her very limited mobility. )
She ended up passing exactly a month after our visit and our best memory of our last visit with her was taking her outside in the wheelchair at the hotel!

We had tried our whole visit to find a wheelchair to take her outside to no avail. The hotel’s wheelchair was a blessing!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2020

We stayed at this hotel once before in 2018 and it was one of the most comfortable stays we've had. Fast-forward a year later (2019) and it was the total opposite.

We purchased the room reservation via Hot Wire and prepaid everything in advance. When we got to the hotel for check in, the front desk asked for my credit card and didn't explain what exactly it was needed for, so I assumed a typical damage deposit. I informed them that we paid the room online. A few days later (Jan 3), I checked my credit card statement and got charged over $100 from the hotel. Upon calling them, I was told that I was charged by the hotel for the room I paid for online. CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS IF YOU ARE BOOKING THROUGH A 3RD PARTY ONLINE AS YOU MAY ALSO GET DOUBLE CHARGED. Although the receptionist seemingly handled the issue quickly (still waiting for it to appear on my bank statement), I find it very unprofessional that this happened in the first place, especially since I mentioned we paid beforehand and that they did not explain what exactly they were charging (nor did they even state how much they were charging!). This headache alone greatly discourages me from coming back here.

Another downside to this stay was the fact that the pool was shut down for two nights, conveniently when we booked our stay. We were looking forward to using this amenity, however were greatly disappointed when we got there and it was "reserved" for a private event.

In addition to these headaches, other points worth mentioning:

- The bed was not comfortable, barely got any sleep
- No fan in the bathroom (front desk informed us that it turns on automatically, however it never did after two consecutive showers making it unbearable to even be in the bathroom with all the steam)
- Mini fridge in the room was leaking yellow liquid all over the counter
- We ordered 2 coffees and a croissant in the morning at the cafe in the lobby and the croissant was disgustingly stale (tasted like it was a few days old); that was $10 that would have been better off spent elsewhere

The double-charging incident made me completely lose trust in this hotel - if I didn't check, I would have unknowingly paid over $200 for a miserable stay where we couldn't even use the hotel to its fullest. Will consider staying elsewhere in this area in the future.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trinity P, Manager at Courtyard Montreal West Island/Baie D’Urfe, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear agiac0bbe,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback. We sincerely apologize for the billing error that occurred during your stay and for the pool that was closed for 2 hours in the afternoon on Friday and one hour in the evening on Saturday. As a teachable moment, we have shared all your comments with the team in order to improve on our service.
Once again we are truly sorry for the inconveniences experienced and hope you give us another chance in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2019

Fuctions the hotel were running was disrupting trying to go to sleep went to front desk at 10. I told them music from there function in basement was very loud in my room my kids couldnt go to sleep.it wasnt till after midnight ,we were able to sleep other guests were also complaining staff didnt offer any assistance. Dont go to this hotel on friday sat night if you plan ongoing to sleep.before midnight

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Trinity P, Manager at Courtyard Montreal West Island/Baie D’Urfe, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Dear paulwG4515PQ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the noise level due to the holiday social events taking place at the Hotel during your stay. The banquet manager did advise to lower the music and base. Once again we are truly sorry for this inconvenience and hope you give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 14, 2019

US TRAVELERS: I am beyond disappointed, I have been a platinum Marriott member for 10 years, I travel for business every week and have never encountered a property such as this one. We stayed at the hotel as a group for a hockey tournament and one of our parents had their truck stolen out of the parking lot. The staff was unhelpful, unsympathetic and wanted to deny that these thefts happen. The police and staff both go through the motions to 'investigate', essentially doing nothing. It is disgusting to me that these properties have absolutely no culpability. 'At least one hotel in Montreal's West Island is offering guests wheel clamps to prevent their vehicles from being stolen, so great is the problem of car thefts from hotel parking lots near Trudeau International Airport." (maybe our hotel should have offered this 'amenity' instead of a pool). Courtyard staff, a pathetic response of 'we did everything we could for this family, this happens everywhere', is what is wrong with this world. Marriott corporate, you should be ASHAMED of these staff members, you are a multi-billion dollar corporation, please DO SOMETHING about this!! This is a father of two small children that enjoy playing hockey. Their equipment was stolen, his new truck stolen a month before Christmas just because he wanted his son to enjoy everything Canada has to offer.
PLEASE travelers, educate yourself before booking here, West Island is rife with theft. I can't post URL's here, please, please do an Internet search (Montreal car thefts, thieves target out of town hockey parents visiting Montreal) on West Island crime rates before you book in.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trinity P, Manager at Courtyard Montreal West Island/Baie D’Urfe, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2019

Dear Melissa_11500,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Bonvoy member. As responded to many of your team members who wrote a similar review, this is an unfortunate incident which is out of the Hotel’s control. It is extremely frustrating that one of your team member’s vehicles was stolen. Please note that our staff did take care of your team members and helped them through this unfortunate process to the best of their abilities. The Hotel takes reasonable preventive measures such as (i) having security guards perform random parking lot patrols, (ii) a lit parking lot and (iii) security cameras. This is in addition to the fact that the City of Baie D’Urfe also has its own security company who performs random security patrols. Furthermore, we cannot be held responsible for a car owner’s negligence to leave personal objects of great value (such as hockey equipment) in his car. Please keep in mind that we are a hotel, not a crimes prevention unit. We leave that to the experts.
We hope you understand that this situation was out of our control.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2019

This hotel is almost brand new. Nice modern decorations and excellent facilities. The location is a little far from the city, but we did not mind as we were on our way to Toronto. The hotel staff are polite and helpful. the room is clean and well equipped.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank sam b

Dear sam b,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and service. We strive to provide the best service possible. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you back to the area.

Best Regards,