“Great meal in gorgeous setting ”
Review of Hibernia

Hibernia
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: Asian, French, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Extensive use of Anguilla's seafood and organic produce.Personal service from the owners.Special wine list, personally imported from France's top vineyards.Adjoining Art Gallery open restaurant hours. Open for lunch and dinner
Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

We have been customers of Hibernia for years and are impressed each year how the chef continually presents a creative and superb menu. We love to go for lunch because the view is fantastic. Today we had a sashimi plate to start - wahoo, tuna, scallop and conch- perfect. My wife had the pictured mahi mahi coated with salted almonds with a preserved lime sauce. Picture does not show the butternut, bok choy shiitake gratin which to die for. Excellent
I had a standard on the menu which is Tom Yam Pla - a Thai fish broth that is rich and medium spiced. So fresh tasting and satisfying. I will report on the grilled duck breast and pan grilled wahoo later. fantastic wine cellar.
Mary Pat at the front of the house and Raoul in the kitchen serve an excellent experience. Do not miss their art gallery next door. Great jewelry as well. They are located in Island Harbor on the East end and it is worth the effort to get there.

Reviewed January 9, 2017

A real gem of a restaurant with fantastic Thai/ Caribbean flavour. The decor and setting are outstanding, a special place for a special meal.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

My first visit to Anguilla which by the way is charming and is like the old Caribbean was.We visited several of the usual eating places but by far my favourite was Hibernia.
It,s situated in Island Harbour so is a little jaunt if you are staying in the west end but is worth it,
We had the most delicious lunch, I had the edamame veloute soup followed by the smoked fish plate,both superb,with subtle exotic flavours,
Mary Pat the owner was friendly and attentive with her service and the views are magnificent
What a wonderful find -don't miss this one if you come to Anguilla
I read that if you don't want to self drive a service is available check with your hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2017

Despite staying at Shoal Bay Villas, we tend to go to the west end for restaurants - Veya, Jacala, Blanchards, etc. I don't know why we hadn't tried Hibernia before, because it's right in the neighborhood (Island Harbor, just east of Shoal Bay), and it's fantastic. Our meal this New Year's Eve is the best I've had on Anguilla. I realize Asian-fusion is a cliche by now, with thousands of Jean-George Vongerichten clone restaurants all over the place, but here it's saved by fresh local seafood and some whimsical touches like Havana cigar-smoked duck breast. Starters and mains were reasonably priced - a bit less than Blanchards - maybe reflecting the somewhat less trafficked location on the east end of the island.

The wine list is spectacular, with a great Burgundy selection, and surprisingly reasonably priced - not the usual 100% markup that's common in the States. (Had a decent Vosne-Romanee for about US$120.) The semi-outdoor setting is beautiful, and as an added bonus the owners have a serious gallery of Asian art for sale, collected on their travels.

I don't know what other reviewers mean about unfriendly personnel - everyone we dealt with was helpful and friendly, even on New Year's Eve when they probably didn't want to be working.

This is our new go-to restaurant, and not just because it avoids a 30 min. drive.

Reviewed December 31, 2016

Hibernia is one of the real haute cuisine restaurants on the island. The food is very good and the restaurant is lovely. However, it isn’t a great place for simple food and the drinks are very lacking. My family was tired when we went here and many of us said that it was the worst dinner on the island. I think that it is partially that we were tired and partially that they just don’t like complex food. It’s not for everyone but for some it’s worth a trip from a long distance.