“Loved it!! ”

Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: Asian, French, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Extensive use of Anguilla's seafood and organic produce.Personal service from the owners.Special wine list, personally imported from France's top vineyards.Adjoining Art Gallery open restaurant hours. Open for lunch and dinner
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my husband and two sons aged 10 and 12, the atmosphere was beautiful and tranquil, surrounded by lovely pieces of art and the calming sound of running water.
My children had a lovely Thai chicken soup and my husband and I shared the Caribbean fish soup and the smoked fish, our mains were also awesome. They even accommodated the children by making them chicken with goji berry sauce, the kids absolutely loved their meal which ended beautifully with a delicious bowl of ice cream, fresh mint was our favourite!
This was one of the best meals we've had on the island, highly recommend you visit!

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Went to Hibernia last night, excited that I could experience some different food with a bit of spice! I'm a big lover of Thai and Asian food. The place is for starters in a mosquito trap, not bein bit the whole previous 7 days til I went here! And it's real hot and stuffy! We were served bread and butter which is strange for an Asian restaurant to say the least. We asked what they could do for the children and they said they would basically try to do anything they wanted which I thought was great! We asked if they could do some Asian like pad Thai chicken noodles for the kids which they said they could do no problem. 5 minutes later plain boil in a bag noodles arrived, we asked how they were cooked, they said microwave! Oh great! We complained so the ten mins later 2 plain chicken breasts arrived on small side plates.
Not a good start.....
My husband and I ordered Tom yum (chicken soup)... when it arrived it was a creamy coconut type soup full of peppers, bits of chicken, onion..... it had evidently also bein microwaved. 3 spoonfuls was enough for me to know not to waste any more money here! My mum had fish soup which was like a green slop, totally inedible.
We cancelled our mains and asked for the bill. The owner of the restaurant never spoke to us all night, apparently she had a cold and didn't want to pass it on...???
The mains ranged from 30 to 50 dollars and for that price on this side of the island we expect a real good eat!!
We headed off and ate at madeariman down on the beach and my daughter ate a whole plate of chicken nuggets and ice cream, and we had beautiful fresh fish, nice background music and nice drinks at a fraction of the cost that it would of been.

6  Thank dsl1980
Reviewed March 21, 2017

This was our 6th trip to Anguilla but first time eating at Hibernia. The art gallery restaurant is in a lovely garden setting and the food was good, but overall this wasn't a "wow" and, given the prices, I suppose that's what I was expecting. Also, I felt it was more on the Asian side, and not so much French (or at least my idea of French). We started off with the thai chicken soup and the fish soup--both were tasty but not standouts. For our main dishes, we had the wahoo and crayfish. The wahoo was very good, but I didn't care for the eggplant or purple sticky rice (although, I think I just have a preference for white rice) and my husband enjoyed the crayfish. He did try to get some guidance from the owner on what to order (he had it narrowed down to two items) but she really didn't help. Obviously, you need to choose your own dish, but generally people ask because they'd like more of a description or to be steered one way or another (and being the owner, or even a server, you do tend to hear what people favor). So, overall the setting was the real attraction and the food was good/very good, but not phenomenal and a bit pricey even for Anguilla.

Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful ingredients, superbly cooked with interesting and original flavorings, an incomparable and fairly priced wine list (obtained when the original Malliouhana failed) and front and back gardens with strong Asian influence which are a joy to behold. Some specifics: house made foie gras better than any we had on a recent 2 week trip to France, superbly fresh sashimi of local fish each with its own unusual herbed flavoring, local fish in a Thai soup showing that heat and fine flavoring are not mutually exclusive, magnificent wahoo exceeding any we've ever tasted and so on. If you're looking for a serious but not stuffy dining experience, this is the place.

1  Thank leonard l
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

I wish the prices were lower but good food.
Overall the island ought to lower the $50-60 USD plates to $30! Get a grip folks, it's not NYC nor Paris